Author Topic: Your favorite Player not named Wiggins or Parker  (Read 20872 times)

Re: Your favorite Player not named Wiggins or Parker
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Since I can't pick Wiggins

J.Randle. ...... ;D

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 03:09:58 PM »

Offline Stizz44

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Aaron Gordon!

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Julius Randle and I'm intrigued by Andrew Harrison.

Like the McAdoo kid a lot too.

You're still a fan of McAdoo after the way he's played in his two seasons at UNC?  I liked him a lot before he entered college but I wouldn't touch him unless he shows massive improvement this season.  A good sign for him would be not to be on the wrong side of so many highlight reel blocks. That would constitute a big deal of improvement.  I've never seen a college player make so many college bits look like Olajawuon.

Exum really intrigues.  He seemed uncontainable off the dribble with the know-how and athleticism to both finish around the basket and get to the line.  He's far along in the skill department for his age.  He's similar to the Harrison twins but so much more explosive off the dribble.

Randle could be fun to watch on the Celtics.

Right now I'm rooting most for Parker. His skill level is drool-worthy.

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 03:41:41 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

You're still a fan of McAdoo after the way he's played in his two seasons at UNC?  I liked him a lot before he entered college but I wouldn't touch him unless he shows massive improvement this season.  A good sign for him would be not to be on the wrong side of so many highlight reel blocks. That would constitute a big deal of improvement.  I've never seen a college player make so many college bits look like Olajawuon.

Exum really intrigues.  He seemed uncontainable off the dribble with the know-how and athleticism to both finish around the basket and get to the line.  He's far along in the skill department for his age.  He's similar to the Harrison twins but so much more explosive off the dribble.

Physically, I think McAdoo has an NBA ready body.  Also like his quickness & first step.  He might not be a top 5 guy but I think he has 10-12 year veteran career written all over him. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 03:41:52 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
First time poster here and I love the site!!! I think that Randle has a real chance to be the best player in this draft.  Love his motor....Completely disagree on McAdoo, I am a huge UNC fan and have watched every single game he has played at UNC.  He stinks, can shoot, pass or dribble.  He is a great athlete that plays basketball.  He should have went out after his freshman year.  He can play defense but he doesn't have an NBA offensive skill set and he is turnover prone....

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 04:00:56 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71

Physically, I think McAdoo has an NBA ready body.  Also like his quickness & first step.  He might not be a top 5 guy but I think he has 10-12 year veteran career written all over him.

Another big step for McAdoo would be to cut down on his airballs.  I've seen a player shoot so many airballs on wide-open attempts.

I don't what's gone on with him.  Going into college, he was viewed as an extremely heady player who could make shots in all kinds of situations. I saw him be one of the leaders of the under-18 team, rebounding with fundamentals, sneaking into open spaces in the paint and hitting soft floaters, just generally looking like a natural. Then in his freshman season, it seemed like the game was going 100 mph for him. He only really impressed when he got the chance to start during the ACC tournament due to an injury to Henson and I figured maybe that was it, that he didn't adapt well to coming off the bench for the first time. I figured we'd see the real McAdoo his sophomore season. Instead, he was basically the same player but with more minutes.

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
he was the 2nd or 3rd rated player coming out of high school that year.  He played great because he had Marshall, Zeller and Barnes.  It will be interesting to see how he does this year but I don't think he will have a good NBA career.  Plus he doesn't really have a position? 

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 04:10:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This is going to be an exciting season.  As we continue to plummet to the bottom of the NBA landscape, this might be the most invested I'll ever get in an NCAA season.  WE're only going to get more pumped as we start to get familiar with the many options available in this draft.  We'll inevitably overhype a bunch of them, but it seems there's at least 5 guys in this draft that could be franchise building blocks. 

Draftexpress currently has Jabari Parker going #7... and I fully expect us to have a top 8 pick.

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »

fitzhickey

I LOVE Dante Exum. want him most.

I also like Randle and Smart

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 04:17:47 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Mario Hezonja and Joel Embiid. Hezonja has a very good potential he's a good shooter , athletic, great size, great finisher but needs to clean up his character issues. And I love Embiid because he has great potential plus I would like to see a athletic big with the C's.

Just based on the probability of landing in the 3-5 spot anyway, I like Embiid. Hasn't gotten the spotlight like those ahead of him in mock drafts but I think its a no brainer "team need" pick. Could see a Hibbert/Noah type and NBADRAFT has him a Andrew Bynum potential. Hopefully not a JaVale McGee.

Only problem is he's a 7 footer who doesn't grab 7 footer amount of rebounds or blocks. His post skills are raw as well but I guess they all can't be Dwight Howard the first year.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 04:39:29 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
I have a nice idea for C's. Use the trade exception to acquire a bad contract of a bad team and we could also net a pick from team possibly a lottery pick but I don't which bad team has an ugly contract.

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 04:51:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Aaron gordon
Dante exum
James young

Would also like the celts to draft Doug mcdermott with their 2nd first. He will be a nice 6th man for a long time in the league

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 05:02:37 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Randle
Exum
Joel Embiid

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 05:24:32 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Marcus Smart

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Randle or Smart.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain