Author Topic: Celtics (0-3) at Grizzlies (1-2) Game #4 11/4  (Read 59728 times)

Celtics (0-3) at Grizzlies (1-2) Game #4 11/4
« on: November 03, 2013, 09:52:27 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Boston Celtics (0-3) at Grizzlies (1-2)
Monday, November 4, 2013
8:00 PM ET
Regular Season Game #4, Road Game #3
TV:  CSNNE, SSO-MEM, NBA-LP 755,756
Radio: WBZ, WMFS, 98.5 Sports Hub
Fed Ex Forum

Probable Starting Matchups
  vs 
Avery Bradley vs Mike Conley

vs
Jeff Green vs Tony Allen

vs 
Gerald Wallace vs Tayshaun Prince

vs 
Brandon Bass vs Zach Randolph

vs
Vitor Faverani vs Marc Gasol

Celtics Reserves
Celtics Reserves
MarShon Brooks
Jordan Crawford
Kris Humphries
Kelly Olynyk
Phil Pressey
Jared Sullinger
Courtney Lee
Phil Pressey
Keith Bogans

Injuries
Rajon Rondo (ACL)out

Grizzlies Reserves
Jerryd Bayless
Quincy Pondexter
Mike Miller
Ed Davis
Kosta Koufos
Nick Calathes
Jamaal Franklin
Jon Leuer

Key Matchups
  vs 
Brandon Bass vs Zach Randolph

vs
Vitor Faverani vs Marc Gasol
Once again, the Celtics face a team that is strong inside. Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol will give the Celtics all that they can handle at the power forward and center positions.

Game Notes:

After 3 games, the Celtics are still searching for their first win.  It won't get any easier in this game as they face a tough Grizzlies team.  And to make it even tougher, the Celtics are playing in the second of back to back games on the road. 

The Celtics have shown flashes of playing well and have been able to keep games close but they can't seem to get over the hump and pull it out at the end.  Maybe that will come with experience and as chemistry develops. 

Brad Stevens seems to be settled on his starting lineup for now, having started the same group 3 games in a row.  They should be able to build chemistry if he continues to start the same lineup.  But beyond the starters, the rotations have been mix or match with no real pattern. 

It's been puzzling why Humphries has been benched for the past 2 games after pulling down 9 rebounds in the previous game. Also, it's been puzzling as to why Pressey still is not seeing playing time when one of the problems the team has had is finding someone to run the offense consistently.

The Celtics need to put together a complete game in order to get their first win. Hopefully it will come in this game.   

Keys to the Game
Rebound - Much of rebounding is effort and positioning.  The Celtics are going to have to put extra effort into boxing out and crashing the glass if they want to stay close. 

Move the Ball and Run
- Playing as a team and moving the ball will be the Celtics best hope of winning this game.  They need to beat the defense down the court before it gets set up.  If they try to slow the game down, they won't get anything against the Grizzlies' tough defense.

Take Care of the Ball
- The Celtics are young and new to each other and that often means turnovers.  They turned the ball over 23 times against the Pistons.  They need to take care of the ball and try to limit those turnovers as the Grizzlies will make them pay if they don't.

Play 48 Minutes - The Celtics have tended to either get a big lead and then lose it or get in a big hole and then play hard to come back.  They need to find a way to play consistently and hard throughout the game to avoid both of those scenarios in this game. 

X-Factors
Fatigue and Focus

The Celtics are playing in back to back games on the road.  Young teams tend to lose focus on the road and the Celtics have to find a way to keep their focus on defense and winning from start to finish.

Re: Celtics (0-3) at Grizzlies (1-2) Game #4 11/4
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 12:28:32 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Is this the worst team in terms of match ups we'll face this season? My BOLD PREDICTION is 3 players not named Jeff Green make it to double digit points.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 12:35:48 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Bold Prediction

After the 4th quarter benching of Jeff Green, he will explode for 30 points.

Bass will get manhandled by Z-Bo, and shoot 2 out of 9

Marc Gasol and Vitor Faverani will curse each other out in spanish.

Avery Bradley will play 20 minutes tops.

We lose by 9.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 03:45:36 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Memphis is supposed to be a playoff team this year.  They should blow us out easily.

I'd like to see some more production out of Vitor and Oly.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 07:43:17 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Not looking forward to this one.

One of the toughest defensive teams in the league. A strong rebounding team and one of the best big man duos in the league.

I think out of everything it is that perimeter defense (Mike Conley, Tony Allen and Tayshaun Prince) that scares me the most. Worried about what that backcourt will do to Boston's ball-handlers. If Memphis really turns it on, this one could get ugly.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:01:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ok.....I''m using reverse logic......away at a playoff team.....they know how bad the Celtics are.

Stevens saved Fav, Green, and Sully .......for tonight, I think this was part of his strategy for not playing his best players last night much.

I'm going to predict this might be an upset , as the Grizzlies forget to play, go though the motions and get beat no getting up for this game.

Celtics win their first tonight . :)

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 09:01:21 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
ugh this is sad, i remember last year when i looked at each game's match-ups and I could see or think that Boston might have an edge in 1,2 or even 3 of the positional match-ups..............not the case anymore, we don't win one of those match-ups probably.....well here's hopin..................................hmmmmmmmm i'm not sure what im hoping for  :-\

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 06:04:31 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Anyone else think we get the W tonight?

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

No.  But it is of course possible.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 06:16:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

On the contrary, it's hard to think of a worse matchup for this team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 06:17:53 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

One of the toughest defensive teams in the league. A strong rebounding team and one of the best big man duos in the league.

I think out of everything it is that perimeter defense (Mike Conley, Tony Allen and Tayshaun Prince) that scares me the most. Worried about what that backcourt will do to Boston's ball-handlers. If Memphis really turns it on, this one could get ugly.
The Griz won't even have to play much defense. They have an advantage at every position and will ram it down the C's throats with Conley leading the way by blowing past Bradley and the rest will follow.   This will be a good game to watch for...um, oh never mind.

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

The Griz won't even have to play much defense. They have an advantage at every position and will ram it down the C's throats with Conley leading the way by blowing past Bradley and the rest will follow.   This will be a good game to watch for...um, oh never mind.

Blowing past Bradley?  I get that Bradley has been very rough on O but his D is still great, the eye and the stats back that up.  Give credit where it's due.  He will be bothering Conley tonight.

But either way, they just need to get it into the post.

Interested to see how Fav, Sully, and Olynyk play.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 07:02:49 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Knowing the C's they will probably win this game and Bradley will have 12 ast 0 TO.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
celtics victory is on the way! gooooooo celtics...and thanks again flc.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 07:09:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We have met the enemy .....tonight

They will be ours .... :)

Say th

El. SHAQATTACK.     Indestructible

Do I bleed green or what? :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:18:55 PM by SHAQATTACK »