Author Topic: Celtics (0-2) at Pistons (1-1) Game #3 11/3  (Read 61915 times)

Re: Celtics (0-2) at Pistons (1-1) Game #3 11/3
« Reply #435 on: November 03, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Oh and by the way.  KO is probably our best shooter passer and screener.
I really think he should make in bound passes at end game situations.

Too bad he can't pass the ball to himself when he is in the post.  He is our best post passer as well.

well, this is a good example of how showcasing works

« Reply #436 on: November 03, 2013, 08:45:16 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
There's no reason to play Bradley at point guard.  It does him no good to handle the ball at all.  How is it helping his development to be put into a position to make so many mistakes?  He doesn't have a long history of success to draw back on him.  He's still trying to settle in going into his fourth season.  Just put him off the ball and limit him to spot up jumpers and cutting to the rim.  The guy is barely capable of throwing passes because he's so unsure of his handle.

« Reply #437 on: November 03, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Oh, and by the way, kudos to coach Stevens for having the stones to bench Jeff Green down the stretch in that game.

I sure didn't miss him.  Wake up, Jeff.

Huh? The guy shot 60% tonight. Don't quite understand the criticism, sorry.

On 5 shots.

If he's our best player he should take more than five.

I did not see the entire game but happy enough to see the third to back up this claim.

Three possessions, he did nothing but stand up. He could at least, i don't know, ask for the ball. Or maybe he could at least move around and position himself better. Or maybe he could have move around and try to get open.

But no, he was just there, like a fan watching the game, only he's on the playing court.

Stevens has got to be tanking and showcasing. Wallace playing over Green is absurd. Wallace was terrible. Sullinger and Faverani are our two best big men, yet we get Bass and Olynyk for most of the game. I see Olynyk getting packaged with a pick and/or other players by February. Bradley is playing too poorly to get moved, but not giving him an extension made him much more tradeable to a team that needs a defensive guard down the stretch this season.

In tonight's game Klynyk and Thumper were clearly our best bigs.  I don't even see how that's debatable. 

Honest question--not trying to be a jerk--but, did you watch the game tonight?

I'm starting to wonder if you actually watched the game tonight

Yes, I did.  Anyway, sorry about that comment.  I honestly just wanted to know.  I guess I'll have to accept that you did, and just saw things differently than I did. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #438 on: November 03, 2013, 08:45:55 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Too bad he can't pass the ball to himself when he is in the post.  He is our best post passer as well.

KO is definitely the 2nd best passer on the team and the best passer currently in uniform.
I agree.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #439 on: November 03, 2013, 08:46:53 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Bradley SPAZZED this game away....what a Dork.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #440 on: November 03, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
There's no reason to play Bradley at point guard.  It does him no good to handle the ball at all.  How is it helping his development to be put into a position to make so many mistakes?  He doesn't have a long history of success to draw back on him.  He's still trying to settle in going into his fourth season.  Just put him off the ball and limit him to spot up jumpers and cutting to the rim.  The guy is barely capable of throwing passes because he's so unsure of his handle.

there is an excellent reason for playing Bradley at PG.....

« Reply #441 on: November 03, 2013, 08:51:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bradley has made some really big plays in the 4th quarter.

Too bad they won the pistons the game.

« Reply #442 on: November 03, 2013, 08:51:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Bradley killed us down the stretch.  Bad pass by Courtney Lee and he didn't step towards it (it was on Lee too)  but layup.   Two back to back TO's.   The PG experiment should end and hide him in a corner where he can drill the shot.   I realize we need his D but he is not a PG.

Is Humphries hurt?

the celtics have a bad offense, but they have absolutely no fourth quarter offense. a number of posters predicted this before the season started. there is no go-to player during crunch time anymore.

when the other team buckles down defensively, the celtics cannot move well enough off the ball to generate space and they do not have a single player capable of consistently winning against his defender in an iso situation.

as for bradley, i confess i admire his attempt to carry the team. but he just doesnt have the offensive skills to pull it off. he is trying so hard. rebounding, defending, stepping up and shooting, but as a pg he just is miscast.

i dont blame bradley for his poor pg skills. he is being asked to do something he just cant do well.

at this stage neither bradley nor crawford are pg material. cripes, if i had to watch crawford play point for 30 minutes ago i would have a seizure.

by process of elimination we may see pressey walking through that door. i dont have faith in an undrafted rookie to lead this team, but it would be worth seeing him play 10-15 minutes a night.

maybe stevens wants him to get more practices and learn more plays before throwing pressey to the lions. but i hope to see pressey soon.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #443 on: November 03, 2013, 08:52:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Oh, and by the way, kudos to coach Stevens for having the stones to bench Jeff Green down the stretch in that game.

On 5 shots.

I did not see the entire game but happy enough to see the third to back up this claim.

Three possessions, he did nothing but stand up. He could at least, i don't know, ask for the ball. Or maybe he could at least move around and position himself better. Or maybe he could have move around and try to get open.

But no, he was just there, like a fan watching the game, only he's on the playing court.

Stevens has got to be tanking and showcasing. Wallace playing over Green is absurd. Wallace was terrible. Sullinger and Faverani are our two best big men, yet we get Bass and Olynyk for most of the game. I see Olynyk getting packaged with a pick and/or other players by February. Bradley is playing too poorly to get moved, but not giving him an extension made him much more tradeable to a team that needs a defensive guard down the stretch this season.

In tonight's game Klynyk and Thumper were clearly our best bigs.  I don't even see how that's debatable. 

Yes, I did.  Anyway, sorry about that comment.  I honestly just wanted to know.  I guess I'll have to accept that you did, and just saw things differently than I did.

pretty much. I watched the whole game, as I do almost every game regardless of how good or bad the team is. I saw some things I liked, but I also try to see things in the long term, and Green, Faverani, and Sullinger to me look clearly more talented than everyone else but Olynyk. Olynyk has his limitations though, and Wallace is a clueless malcontent who has lost a few steps over the years. Bradley is clearly not a PG. We badly needed a player who can create his own shot, and two of them, Sullinger and Green, rode the bench. Instead Lee and Bass and Wallace played major minutes. Go figure. Faverani is not only or best center, he is our only legit center, and yet Olynyk played center down the stretch. Showcasing imo.

« Reply #444 on: November 03, 2013, 08:52:31 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

KO is definitely the 2nd best passer on the team and the best passer currently in uniform.

Agreed.

He is such a heady player.  Does tons of things that won't show in start book.  I mean, little things like redirecting opposing guards with position defense and such.  He definetly understands angles.

« Reply #445 on: November 03, 2013, 08:53:29 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Right now we're killing AB's confidence by being a PG.

« Reply #446 on: November 03, 2013, 08:55:06 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Bradley
Lee
Wallace
Bass
Olynyk

The closing lineup and minutes distribution of the last 3 games tells me that Stevens is favoring effort over skills at this point.

Faverani's probably still recuperating from the preseason injury he had, the NBA workload, and the 37 minutes he played against the Bucks.

Also, I think Bass and Lee are going to continue to be showcased because they need their stats inflated for potential trades down the line.

« Reply #447 on: November 03, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Bradley
Lee
Wallace
Bass
Olynyk

The closing lineup and minutes distribution of the last 3 games tells me that Stevens is favoring effort over skills at this point.

Faverani's probably still recuperating from the preseason injury he had, the NBA workload, and the 37 minutes he played against the Bucks.

Also, I think Bass and Lee are going to continue to be showcased because they need their stats inflated for potential trades down the line.

that's a downright horrible lineup to closeout games if you are trying to win

« Reply #448 on: November 03, 2013, 09:01:43 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

On 5 shots.

pretty much. I watched the whole game, as I do almost every game regardless of how good or bad the team is. I saw some things I liked, but I also try to see things in the long term, and Green, Faverani, and Sullinger to me look clearly more talented than everyone else but Olynyk. Olynyk has his limitations though, and Wallace is a clueless malcontent who has lost a few steps over the years. Bradley is clearly not a PG. We badly needed a player who can create his own shot, and two of them, Sullinger and Green, rode the bench. Instead Lee and Bass and Wallace played major minutes. Go figure. Faverani is not only or best center, he is our only legit center, and yet Olynyk played center down the stretch. Showcasing imo.

Olynyk was our best center tonight.  Not only offensively, but more importantly, defensively.  I love what Hombre has shown so far in his short NBA career, but I absolutely agreed with coach Stevens' lineup to close out tonight's game. 

Brandon was solid as well.  Sully may be more talented, but Bass has been playing better out there. 

In retrospect, I would have liked to see Crawford finish out the game instead of Lee.  On the other hand, as well as he played for most of the game, he was making some bone headed plays towards the end of his stint.  Lee and Bradley were really hustling all night.  I thought they gave us a chance of turning defense into offense.

Jordan might have committed some terrible turnovers down the stretch as well. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

I Beens. Preach n. dis very point .....