Author Topic: Celtics (0-2) at Pistons (1-1) Game #3 11/3  (Read 61936 times)

Re: Celtics (0-2) at Pistons (1-1) Game #3 11/3
« Reply #420 on: November 03, 2013, 08:36:15 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Oh, and by the way, kudos to coach Stevens for having the stones to bench Jeff Green down the stretch in that game.

I sure didn't miss him.  Wake up, Jeff.

Huh? The guy shot 60% tonight. Don't quite understand the criticism, sorry.

On 5 shots.

If he's our best player he should take more than five.

I did not see the entire game but happy enough to see the third to back up this claim.

Three possessions, he did nothing but stand up. He could at least, i don't know, ask for the ball. Or maybe he could at least move around and position himself better. Or maybe he could have move around and try to get open.

But no, he was just there, like a fan watching the game, only he's on the playing court.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #421 on: November 03, 2013, 08:38:09 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Bradley killed us down the stretch.  Bad pass by Courtney Lee and he didn't step towards it (it was on Lee too)  but layup.   Two back to back TO's.   The PG experiment should end and hide him in a corner where he can drill the shot.   I realize we need his D but he is not a PG.

Is Humphries hurt?

Yeah what's wrong with Hump??

Can we get atleast a 10 day contract while waiting for Pressy to comeback... fish is available i think he's serviceable PG
Is Pressey hurt?

Ankle injury and is Day-to-Day basis
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #422 on: November 03, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Another respectable loss.  We kept it under 20.  2 out of 3 objectives complete.  I'll take it.

#1 - Hard-fought loss.  CHECK!

#2 - Good development out of Oly (15 points 8 boards), Bradley (13, 8, 3, 3) and Fav (8 points, couple boards and a block in 19 minutes).  CHECK!

#3 - The bad contracts failed to perform tonight.  Wallace, Bass and Lee all stunk it up.  No trade-value increasing stat padding from those losers.   

2 out of 3 aint bad, but I need to see more production from the overpaid vets so we can trade those sacks of crap out of here.

Also want to see more from Obese SUllinger.  He hasn't been impressing me at all. 

Overall, not a bad game.  B-

« Reply #423 on: November 03, 2013, 08:38:49 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I think Stevens is still experimenting with the lineups.

« Reply #424 on: November 03, 2013, 08:39:07 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Oh, and by the way, kudos to coach Stevens for having the stones to bench Jeff Green down the stretch in that game.

Sorry, I haven't seen the box score yet.  I felt like he had the right guys on the floor to close out that game.  Maybe Crawford for Lee would have been nice, but hindsight's 20/20.

I'm not sure how or why Wallace plays over Green.

That was confusing to me too.

Because Crash was giving effort on both ends of the floor.  I don't know, maybe I'm nuts, but I thought Jeff needed to be on the bench down the stretch of that game.  He's our most talented player, but he needs a wake up call. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #425 on: November 03, 2013, 08:39:15 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I really didn't think Rondo would make that much of a difference because of the shooting and defensive deficiencies but seeing as how the Celtics could be undefeated if they didn't dissolve into a puddle of turnovers late in the fourth quarter, he really might.  This team might be really solid with him back because he's sure not going to commit the same dumb turnovers that Bradley has in the 4th quarters. 

« Reply #426 on: November 03, 2013, 08:39:25 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Olynyk earned the minutes at center.  He was our best interior defender.  Coach Stevens did a lot of good things out there.  He took some risks and they almost paid off.

He had his fighters out there down the stretch.  You can't fault Brad for that.

+1

« Reply #427 on: November 03, 2013, 08:39:33 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

On 5 shots.

I did not see the entire game but happy enough to see the third to back up this claim.

Three possessions, he did nothing but stand up. He could at least, i don't know, ask for the ball. Or maybe he could at least move around and position himself better. Or maybe he could have move around and try to get open.

But no, he was just there, like a fan watching the game, only he's on the playing court.

Stevens has got to be tanking and showcasing. Wallace playing over Green is absurd. Wallace was terrible. Sullinger and Faverani are our two best big men, yet we get Bass and Olynyk for most of the game. I see Olynyk getting packaged with a pick and/or other players by February. Bradley is playing too poorly to get moved, but not giving him an extension made him much more tradeable to a team that needs a defensive guard down the stretch this season.

« Reply #428 on: November 03, 2013, 08:40:33 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
The starting front court should be Olynyk and Fav.

« Reply #429 on: November 03, 2013, 08:40:46 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
Olynyk earned the minutes at center.  He was our best interior defender.  Coach Stevens did a lot of good things out there.  He took some risks and they almost paid off.

He had his fighters out there down the stretch.  You can't fault Brad for that.

+1

Thank you.  Somebody else actually watched the game. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #430 on: November 03, 2013, 08:40:50 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Sorry, I haven't seen the box score yet.  I felt like he had the right guys on the floor to close out that game.  Maybe Crawford for Lee would have been nice, but hindsight's 20/20.

I'm not sure how or why Wallace plays over Green.

That was confusing to me too.

Because Crash was giving effort on both ends of the floor.  I don't know, maybe I'm nuts, but I thought Jeff needed to be on the bench down the stretch of that game.  He's our most talented player, but he needs a wake up call.

If that's the reason, maybe I guess.  Could be argued.

Wallace is really bad though.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #431 on: November 03, 2013, 08:43:03 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

On 5 shots.

Stevens has got to be tanking and showcasing. Wallace playing over Green is absurd. Wallace was terrible. Sullinger and Faverani are our two best big men, yet we get Bass and Olynyk for most of the game. I see Olynyk getting packaged with a pick and/or other players by February. Bradley is playing too poorly to get moved, but not giving him an extension made him much more tradeable to a team that needs a defensive guard down the stretch this season.

In tonight's game Klynyk and Thumper were clearly our best bigs.  I don't even see how that's debatable. 

Honest question--not trying to be a jerk--but, did you watch the game tonight?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #432 on: November 03, 2013, 08:43:54 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Oh and by the way.  KO is probably our best shooter passer and screener.
I really think he should make in bound passes at end game situations.

Too bad he can't pass the ball to himself when he is in the post.  He is our best post passer as well.

« Reply #433 on: November 03, 2013, 08:44:11 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

On 5 shots.

In tonight's game Klynyk and Thumper were clearly our best bigs.  I don't even see how that's debatable. 

Honest question--not trying to be a jerk--but, did you watch the game tonight?

I'm starting to wonder if you actually watched the game tonight

« Reply #434 on: November 03, 2013, 08:44:49 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Oh and by the way.  KO is probably our best shooter passer and screener.
I really think he should make in bound passes at end game situations.

Too bad he can't pass the ball to himself when he is in the post.  He is our best post passer as well.

KO is definitely the 2nd best passer on the team and the best passer currently in uniform.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford