Author Topic: Celtics (0-2) at Pistons (1-1) Game #3 11/3  (Read 62255 times)

Re: Celtics (0-2) at Pistons (1-1) Game #3 11/3
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Put Humph in 2nd half, and make a run!

« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2013, 07:07:05 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Bradley is starting to look like he doesn't deserve to start anymore.  Not that we have a real starting backcourt.

Rondo+ who?

« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2013, 07:07:56 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Are the C's overmatch or just not playing hard?

They are a bit overmatched--particularly against those two studs on the interior.  They are playing hard, they just aren't playing very well. 

They can make this a close game in the second half. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2013, 07:08:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
How good to you think Drummond can get in his prime?  He's 20.  When he was drafted they suggested his ceiling might be "bigger Amare in his prime".

I feel a little foolish for suggesting we could potentially trade Rondo + Wallace for Charlie V (expiring), Stuckey (expiring) and Drummond.  In retrospect, that's laughable.  THere's no way the Pistons would give up Drummond.

« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2013, 07:08:20 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
This is going to be a fun season...

The Pistons have a monster frontcourt, obviously we're going to struggle against them. If you can't make a shot for your life either, there's no secret why they're losing. Of course, they should try harder.

But yeah, Bradley's terrible, Wallace is right, Stevens isn't an NBA coach and Crawesome is poison. Really.

Go Celtics! Show some heart!

« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
How good to you think Drummond can get in his prime?  He's 20.  When he was drafted they suggested his ceiling might be "bigger Amare in his prime".

I feel a little foolish for suggesting we could potentially trade Rondo + Wallace for Charlie V (expiring), Stuckey (expiring) and Drummond.  In retrospect, that's laughable.  THere's no way the Pistons would give up Drummond.

I don't want to be rude, but why are you trolling a game thread?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2013, 07:09:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

They are a bit overmatched--particularly against those two studs on the interior.  They are playing hard, they just aren't playing very well. 

They can make this a close game in the second half.

Overmatched.  The roster is set up to fail.  When Rondo gets back, we might putter along to 25 wins, but until then we're going to be horrible.  When we start playing competent teams, it's going to be ugly.  Major blowouts. 

« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2013, 07:09:58 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Pressey, green, Wallace, fav and humphries PLEASE

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Neither. I mean, we're overmatched but the rotations have left a lot to be desired. We're getting killed on the boards and yet one of our best rebounders (Humphries) has yet to see minutes. And Avery, in spite of being useless on both ends of the floor, is still getting minutes. Lee and Crawford have both outplayed him, bench him and let him watch.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Meanwhile, the Patriots are down 5 starters on defense and are about to go to 7-2.

« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2013, 07:13:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

who's trolling? He made a very valid observation about a player on the opposing team.

« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2013, 07:14:16 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

hahaha... no, it's just that according to LarBrd33 we'd rather have anyone but Rondo, who isn't a very good player.

I strongly disagree... If Dumars wants Rondo, he must give us Drummond, Monroe AND a an unprotected first rounder. Rondo is that good.

« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2013, 07:14:22 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

I've noticed that's kind of his thing.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2013, 07:15:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Are we watching the same game?  Drummond is beasting.  I'm not sure if the dude actually has post moves yet, because all we're seeing is dunks.  But I suggested multiple times over the summer that we could possibly net Drummond for Rondo.  A few people disagreed and said there was no way the Pistons would give up Drummond.  They were clearly right.  I admit when I'm wrong.  No way would Detroit swap Drummond for Rondo.  He's their future.

« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2013, 07:16:41 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Meanwhile, the Patriots are down 5 starters on defense and are about to go to 7-2.

Coaching.