Author Topic: Bucks (0-1) at Celtics (0-1) Game 2 11/1  (Read 36458 times)

Re: Bucks (0-1) at Celtics (0-1) Game 2 11/1
« Reply #210 on: November 01, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Every single time the opposing team decides to play defense, this team will fold like a tent.
No ball handlers (minus Rondo of course). No shooters, no one who can create their own shot and not enough passers among your guards and small forwards.

I think we go 0 for next week.  Ugh.

« Reply #211 on: November 01, 2013, 10:18:43 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
At least Vitor looked good  #lottery#Wiggins

Vitor is really looking like a nice role playing piece at the center. I really want to see this guy play with a good point guard and better 3 point shooters.

« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2013, 10:18:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
It's bad when Pachulia is killing us.
I can't believe the number of flops he got away with.  shameful officiating to allow that blatant garbage

« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2013, 10:20:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Without Rondo on the court in the last five minutes .....it s going to be terrible

No lead  will be big enough  :'(

This was a blow out game to win.......no offense when offense is needed to stop runs

Got to have a superstar,  top five player on the team....DA said as much

Wow .....guys played their hearts out ......no star to bring them home.

« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2013, 10:21:26 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
A tale of two halves, (typical Celts, unfortunately) ... but still things to be encouraged about, especially Sully's glass-work and Vitor, that guy's just a joy to watch, much higher BBIQ than I expected.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2013, 10:21:42 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
If we are going to lose games, we might as well develop players. Pressey is a true pg. He can keep the offense running when Rondo goes to the bench, gets in foul trouble, or gets suspended.  ;) He needs to be developing now. Why waste time with the Bradley/Crawford experiment?

PS-Where is Jason Kidd's egg timers? Kg has been out there way more than 5 minutes.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2013, 10:23:36 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
Tommy was complaining about the lack of ball movement in 4Q.  He was right.  But he neglected to point out that the reason was that Milwaukee started hustling on defense.  When that happens the limitations of your players get exposed......and our guys have tons of limitations.....

Good luck Brad keeping this outfit together......

« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2013, 10:26:22 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Without Rondo on the court in the last five minutes .....it s going to be terrible

This was a blow out game to win.......no offense when offense is needed to stop runs

This loss was not about not having a star to bring the game home. This loss was about guys handling the ball that had no business trying to set up the offense. It was about bad shots leading to easy fastbreaks and leakouts. You didn't need a star to win this game.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Tommy was complaining about the lack of ball movement in 4Q.  He was right.  But he neglected to point out that the reason was that Milwaukee started hustling on defense.  When that happens the limitations of your players get exposed......and our guys have tons of limitations.....

Good luck Brad keeping this outfit together......

Good points by both tommy and kuber.  :)

A number of posters noted before the season that with no real passer or go to scorer the final minutes in a close game would be painful. Today confirms this.

The celtics team needs to run, run, run. Their half court offense is  really weak.

The bright note is that there is talent on this team. But currently it is mismatched.  I am hopeful for the next few years.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2013, 10:30:41 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald

This loss was not about not having a star to bring the game home. This loss was about guys handling the ball that had no business trying to set up the offense. It was about bad shots leading to easy fastbreaks and leakouts. You didn't need a star to win this game.
No stars, just guys who can handle the ball, run an offense and knock down shots when the opposition decides to try.

« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Without Rondo ,  might as well let Pressey try and make something happen ....

No stars , no banners

« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2013, 11:08:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Phenomenal.  Another fantastic game.  We pulled out another loss, got very promising results from Fav and got trade-value-boosting minutes from Wallace, Bass AND Lee.  Couldn't have asked for a better result tonight.  Very pleased. 

I hope the entire season goes like this... hard-fought losses. 

« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2013, 11:12:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Phenomenal.  Another fantastic game.  We pulled out another loss, got very promising results from Fav and got trade-value-boosting minutes from Wallace, Bass AND Lee.  Couldn't have asked for a better result tonight.  Very pleased. 

Oh of course you're pleased. I mean, you love every single second the Celtics are being losers.

I mean that's who we are supposed to be right? Cheat the system so we'd have a shot (not a guarantee, a shot) to win in the future in the cheapest possible way. Let's be delighted that we're losers.

Yay Celtic Pride.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2013, 11:19:49 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71

Absolutely. While the losses are good for the betterment of the franchise, I don't want them to be complete lopsided or 48 minute sludgefests.  The Celtics looked fantastic for 3/4th of the game.  They looked more energetic and entertaining than about 95 percent of the games last season WITH Pierce and KG.  In a regular year, the fourth quarter would've been unbearable but in this strange season, it doesn't erase all the shine.   

« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2013, 11:23:34 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Can someone explain to me how we lost?

I missed the whole second half.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.