Author Topic: 2013-14 Regular Season  (Read 202840 times)

Re: 2013-14 Regular Season
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2013, 01:21:31 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Curry's 9-12, and the foul.

I really hope I'm not the only one watching this game.

You aren't, my friend.

Curry's hands down the best shooter in the league.

I'd say so. This is a serious PG battle. They might both finish with 40 plus.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2013, 01:23:31 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

You aren't, my friend.

hands down indeed. him and thompson are fun to watch.

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2013, 01:25:04 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Dude's gotta watch his turnovers, though. 10 already.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2013, 01:31:16 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He's not a great a ball-handler, he's a guy that I think is a more natural fit at shooting guard, but can't play there full-time because he's undersized. He really needs to continue develop that aspect of his game. He's already devastating because of his ability to shoot, if he ever really becomes a consistent playmaker who can make his teammates better and just not be a liability on the defensive end he could be MVP caliber.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2013, 01:37:11 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

He's not a great a ball-handler, he's a guy that I think is a more natural fit at shooting guard, but can't play there full-time because he's undersized. He really needs to continue develop that aspect of his game. He's already devastating because of his ability to shoot, if he ever really becomes a consistent playmaker who can make his teammates better and just not be a liability on the defensive end he could be MVP caliber.

I think he's already a better passer than he's given credit for, but I think that he'll probably always be a bit of a defensive disadvantage for his team.

Chris Paul is the first player since 1970 to have at least 40-15-5 steals.

He now has 42-15-6, and has been guarded by Iggy, Thompson, and Curry.

But yeah, he's totally overrated. ::)

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2013, 01:41:56 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Truly an amazing performance by Paul.  Wow!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2013, 01:49:12 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
. . . and, Steph Curry; he's a great shooter, and I'm sure he's a really nice young man, but I just can't stand watching him play.  It drives me nuts watching him jack up deep, contested three after deep, contested three.  Sure, he hits his fair share, but it just makes me insane.  I'm not a fan of his game at all. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2013, 03:18:02 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
And that's why the Clippers are legit.  Paul is that good.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2013, 11:10:29 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Warriors have never relied on PG defense to win games, like the Heat.  They're known for letting PGs have better than usual nights.  They accept that in Steph Curry.  What they can't have is Griffin destroying them with easy buckets and fast break opportunities going 9-12 with 8 FTs.

They really can't have Jordan grabbing 17 boards (him and Griffin had 27 to GS's 33).  Bogut needs to return at least close to his previous 2nd best center in the league form.  His pick and roll defense and help defense overall need to come around after basically missing 2 years in the league.

That matchup could be a potentially interesting and high scoring playoff series.  If the refs didn't call the game so tight and let the Warriors play their pace they could've easily won.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

I think he's already a better passer than he's given credit for, but I think that he'll probably always be a bit of a defensive disadvantage for his team.

Love to see him do it in the playoffs and not game 2 of regular season. Still impressive though. Like Brandon jennings and Deron williams scoring 50 plus over the last few years

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2013, 12:06:36 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
. . . and, Steph Curry; he's a great shooter, and I'm sure he's a really nice young man, but I just can't stand watching him play.  It drives me nuts watching him jack up deep, contested three after deep, contested three.  Sure, he hits his fair share, but it just makes me insane.  I'm not a fan of his game at all.
I'm the opposite, I think it's inspiring and a perfectly fine shot at 45%.

It reminds me of the good old days in the 2003ish era where guys like Chauncey Billups, Ray Allen, Tracy McGrady, and Baron Davis would just pull up from anywhere within 24 feet (even behind the backboard or leaning away) if you gave them even half an inch of daylight.  Them jacking up those shots is the only reason they could get to the rim so easily (like Curry).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

You aren't, my friend.

Nah.  Best three-point shooter, yes, but not the best shooter.  His mid-range is only above-average.

vs.

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2013, 12:29:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Love to see him do it in the playoffs and not game 2 of regular season. Still impressive though. Like Brandon jennings and Deron williams scoring 50 plus over the last few years

Sort of. D-Will's 50 came against the Bobcats, and Jennings' came against the no-D Warriors--but his especially was much more in the Steph Curry mold--he was pulling up and hitting everything (7-8 from deep).

In comparison, Paul only hit a pair of threes. Dude was completely controlling the game every minute he was on the floor.

There's a big difference, to my mind, between a 55-5-5 and a 42-15-6stl. especially when you're giving up 6"+ to one solid defender (Thompson) and one elite defender (Iggy).

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I'm the opposite, I think it's inspiring and a perfectly fine shot at 45%.

It reminds me of the good old days in the 2003ish era where guys like Chauncey Billups, Ray Allen, Tracy McGrady, and Baron Davis would just pull up from anywhere within 24 feet (even behind the backboard or leaning away) if you gave them even half an inch of daylight.  Them jacking up those shots is the only reason they could get to the rim so easily (like Curry).

I've got nothing against the three point shot.  I love it when an open three comes off ball movement and penetration (what I think of as good team basketball). 

Golden State's style of basketball just doesn't appeal to me.  On the other hand, I'm sure it's the best use of their talent.  Steph Curry is very gifted, and letting him handle the ball a lot, and pull up for threes off the dribble whenever he gets a sliver of day light is probably their best bet.

In some ways they remind me of Iverson's Sixers in that respect.  I still don't like it, and while they can probably continue to be an exciting team that wins their fair share of regular season games and maybe make a little noise in the playoffs, I don't see them ever being a legitimate title contender with Steph Curry being their "main man."
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2013, 11:40:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Anthony Davis