Author Topic: 2013-14 Regular Season  (Read 202756 times)

2013-14 Regular Season
« on: October 29, 2013, 11:30:40 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
LA derby is on ATM.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

Re: 2013-14 Regular Season
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 12:01:38 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The Bulls are hardly any different than before.  Not enough to beat Miami.  The defense can close in around Rose, Rose isn't great at actually being a PG, and there's not enough to step up to help him.

As I've said!

I really do like Indy's chances better.  West, Hibbert, Scola can all score on the block.  Paul George is very dynamic.  Stephenson still showing play making potential.  George Hill is a reliable shooter.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 12:23:58 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
doc genius getting outrebounded again. some things will never change. ;D

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 12:33:47 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Very close game in LA. Barely been more than 2 points in it for the whole match.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 12:58:09 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
looks like the lakers built a scrappy squad this year.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 01:03:28 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
How embarrassing for Doc. The Lakers don't have Howard or Kobe (Addition by Subtraction?), with nothing coming in to replace either of those guys, and it looks like the Lakers will still win.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 01:03:59 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Weird seeing Rivers on another team's sideline.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 01:06:55 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
How embarrassing for Doc. The Lakers don't have Howard or Kobe (Addition by Subtraction?), with nothing coming in to replace either of those guys, and it looks like the Lakers will still win.

Lakers are running a much more "classic D'Antoni" offense without Kobe and Dwight.

And I'm pretty sure the Clippers came in more than expecting to win this game.

I'm actually kind of... rooting for the Lakers to win? :-X

They're playing hard, and it's almost... fun(?!) watching these dudes torch Doc and Co.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 01:15:25 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
It's only one game. So I won't take too much from it. But the Clippers didn't really look that great to me tonight. And now they will play the Warriors soon.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 01:49:41 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
The Lakers bench scored 76 points tonight.  If people want to bet that this wasn't an fluke I am game.

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 09:11:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Looking forward to the next Bulls vs Heat game.

Chicago had a rough night. Joakim Noah only played 5 of the first 18+ minutes. Deng and J.Butler were on the bench in foul trouble. And they got toasted by Miami's second unit while those three guys were on the bench. The only period in the game where Miami really outplayed Chicago.

I don't think yesterday's game will prove a true reflection of how close these two teams are.

Thibs might need to go away from Nazr Mohammed in that 2nd unit though. Makes them too slow against Miami's small ball lineup. Chris Andersen's superior quickness and mobility beating Nazr to too many rebounds. They should play Taj Gibson at center versus C.Andersen instead. Go small themselves when Booz + J.Noah are resting.

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Looking forward to the next Bulls vs Heat game.

Chicago had a rough night. Joakim Noah only played 5 of the first 18+ minutes. Deng and J.Butler were on the bench in foul trouble. And they got toasted by Miami's second unit while those three guys were on the bench. The only period in the game where Miami really outplayed Chicago.

I don't think yesterday's game will prove a true reflection of how close these two teams are.

Thibs might need to go away from Nazr Mohammed in that 2nd unit though. Makes them too slow against Miami's small ball lineup. Chris Andersen's superior quickness and mobility beating Nazr to too many rebounds. They should play Taj Gibson at center versus C.Andersen instead. Go small themselves when Booz + J.Noah are resting.
The Bulls aren't setup to handle foul trouble at all, Hinrich worries me for their backup guard position too.

Rose needs more time to get back into the NBA game too.

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 10:21:37 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
This season reminds me of that Kinks song "Lola" Girls will boys and boys will be girls - mixed up bundled up world.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
I wanted him on draft night and last night couldn't help but be sad we didn't take Norris Cole.  Looked very good.  I really like his game.

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 10:24:48 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm actually kind of... rooting for the Lakers to win? :-X

They're playing hard, and it's almost... fun(?!) watching these dudes torch Doc and Co.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL.

Given that some places have picked the Lakers for dead last, I can understand rooting for them to win enough games to not get a top five draft pick while also rooting for them to lose enough games to miss the playoffs.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference