Author Topic: Trade with Wizards??? [idea]  (Read 2105 times)

Trade with Wizards??? [idea]
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:22:33 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
From Grantland article today, and also mentioned on the BS/Jalen previews, apparently there is a lot of motivation for Washington to get real results, and a lot of question marks at SF.

But Wittman needs to win now, Emeka Okafor is hurt, and Ernie Grunfeld is in the final year of his contract. Bad combination, unless Snakey the Snake really steps up. Casey has a new GM who hired two high-profile assistants, which isn't a coincidence. Corbin isn't a good bet to last beyond this season, but Utah has no expectations of winning. I'm taking the field.

Now, we have 2 SF's on long term contracts, and they may be willing to give up okafor (expiring) for a SF, especially one that could do time at the PF spot. Would they be willing to include a draft pick? And if so, would you do:

Gerald Wallace and Courtney Lee for Okafor?

or

Jeff Green and Courtney Lee for Okafor and a first?

Re: Trade with Wizards??? [idea]
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 09:40:15 PM »

fitzhickey

I like the 2nd one. Green has potential but his consistency is shoddy at best. With Crash you know what you're gonna get night in night out.
We also get a big I like in Okafor both in fit on this team and I just generally like him.
And that Washington pick could be okay

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 09:50:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Okafor > Gerald Wallace ... so I don't think the first one makes sense for Washington. Not basketball wise and certainly not financially.

I think you need to drop C.Lee from the 2nd package to get the Wizards draft pick. An expiring and a mid first round pick for Jeff Green? Not a great return but it does free up some extra cap space. I wonder if Ainge couldn't get something better elsewhere. A young player in return.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 10:49:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Not sure why they would want Green when they drafted Otto Porter. Unless they want to go small and play Green and Porter at F spots, with Nene in the middle.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 12:52:46 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think someone out there is going to benefit from a Wizards desperation play, because as noted above, the Wiza need to make the dance this year, and without Okafor, that is likely going to be pretty tough.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 07:53:21 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
if we are doing a trade it has to involve humphries, bass, sully, ko am i forgetting any power forwards?

we have 4 good players for one position, even if we are considering hump starting center there still aren't enough minutes for all those guys, especially with sully being ready to go and ko looking like he deserves quality minutes

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 09:31:31 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
They have Ariza, Porter, Webster, Childress, Singleton, and Vesely all of which can play some SF.  I don't see Wallace or Green as being significant clear upgrades worth giving up Okafor for especially if you are talking about including a first round pick.

I think you could make some moves with them and I think Bradley would be a bigger need for them, but I'm not sure there is a trade there that makes sense for both teams.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip