Author Topic: LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG  (Read 18712 times)

Re: LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2013, 12:40:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Moranis what is up with your dislike about KG?

You are trying to spin in completely. Did KG ask to be traded from Boston? That's about as close to him and ray "basically doing the same thing"

If you are speculatiing that at least that makes a little more sense but every report I've seen has been close to the opposite.

I find this whole thing odd simce it is so blatantly obvious.

I guess in a tight vacuum KG is on a new team now and Ray is on a new team. Yup "bascially the same thing"

For someone who is usually on point and at least makes convimcing arguements this is just no where close
I've never liked KG.  Rooted for him like hell when he was a Celtic, but have never liked him.  He just isn't a very likeable player.  He plays with great passion, but he is so intense he crosses the line all the time.  He is dirty as they come, he talks and talks and talks with the best talkers of all time, he picks on weaker players constantly, etc.  Love the passion, love the desire, but often hate his execution.

As for this, I realize a trade and free agency are different, but for KG it is all about loyalty until it is time for him to better his position.  First, he says I'm never leaving Minnesota and then bolts for greener pastures after crippling Minnesota for years with his massive salary (he had to approve the trade out of there).  It is clear Boston is on the downside so he tries to hitch his ride with Doc out to LA.  That fails so he goes with Pierce to Brooklyn.  He easily could have retired, he easily could have said nope not waiving my no trade, but no he bolts town when the team is going to be bad.  The exact same thing he did in Minnesota.  This is all fine, but the issue is he talks about loyalty, about bleeding green, and was quite disrespectful to Allen less than a year ago for leaving.  If he was truly about loyalty, he should have backed Allen after all the crap Allen was put through in Boston, but instead he just piled on with everyone else.  In other words, he is a hypocritical dick, of course I would expect nothing less from him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »

Offline chenaren

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
KG's act of waiving the no-trade clause is interpreted as 'choosing to leave' widely by haters / Heat fans on many forums. I almost feel we're getting trolled, but there just so many people holding this view. What's the best comeback you can think of in defense of KG? I think there's no reason for him to stay on a rebuilding team that is giving him away. Waiving his clause is a more 'loyal' choice than hindering the rebuilding.

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2013, 12:51:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

You are trying to spin in completely. Did KG ask to be traded from Boston? That's about as close to him and ray "basically doing the same thing"

If you are speculatiing that at least that makes a little more sense but every report I've seen has been close to the opposite.

I guess in a tight vacuum KG is on a new team now and Ray is on a new team. Yup "bascially the same thing"

For someone who is usually on point and at least makes convimcing arguements this is just no where close
I've never liked KG.  Rooted for him like hell when he was a Celtic, but have never liked him.  He just isn't a very likeable player.  He plays with great passion, but he is so intense he crosses the line all the time.  He is dirty as they come, he talks and talks and talks with the best talkers of all time, he picks on weaker players constantly, etc.  Love the passion, love the desire, but often hate his execution.

As for this, I realize a trade and free agency are different, but for KG it is all about loyalty until it is time for him to better his position.  First, he says I'm never leaving Minnesota and then bolts for greener pastures after crippling Minnesota for years with his massive salary (he had to approve the trade out of there).  It is clear Boston is on the downside so he tries to hitch his ride with Doc out to LA.  That fails so he goes with Pierce to Brooklyn.  He easily could have retired, he easily could have said nope not waiving my no trade, but no he bolts town when the team is going to be bad.  The exact same thing he did in Minnesota.  This is all fine, but the issue is he talks about loyalty, about bleeding green, and was quite disrespectful to Allen less than a year ago for leaving.  If he was truly about loyalty, he should have backed Allen after all the crap Allen was put through in Boston, but instead he just piled on with everyone else.  In other words, he is a hypocritical dick, of course I would expect nothing less from him.

Your judgment is obviously being clouded on this matter.

I just cannot state strongly enough how wrong this take on the situation is.

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
KG's act of waiving the no-trade clause is interpreted as 'choosing to leave' widely by haters / Heat fans on many forums. I almost feel we're getting trolled, but there just so many people holding this view. What's the best comeback you can think of in defense of KG? I think there's no reason for him to stay on a rebuilding team that is giving him away. Waiving his clause is a more 'loyal' choice than hindering the rebuilding.

perfectly stated. 

The gulf between waiving a no trade clause at retirement age (coach gone, GM wants to move on, etc...), and holding "THE DECISION" in one's prime is laughably wide...

There's also a large gap between what Ray (whom I defend) and KG did.  Ray took less to play for the enemy while Doc, KG and Pierce were still in Boston and trying to win.  I never blamed ray because not fitting in or having conflicts (Doc? Rondo? Danny?) are valid reasons to go, but it's not remotely the same as KG's situation.

To argue differently is a bit hysterical, which also describes much of Lebron's behavior and Heat fans in general.. :)

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2013, 03:52:52 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

I agree with you about KG. I was never a huge fan of his for the same reasons you listed. I don't even find him that passionate. Or I should say, I find much of his "passion" to be fake or over the top.

I do not agree with your thinking about the rest of it. He left because Doc was gone. Paul was going to be traded one way or the other. And the Celtics are going to stink. He was talked into going by Paul and I'm sure Dany was giving him the nudge in the back too. 
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2013, 04:29:32 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
At end of season, he'll be back in CLE, BKN will be champs (hopefully), BOS will begin cashing in some of those Trade chips, and Bosh and Wade will be left with the remnants of MIA.

I SO hope you're right, about ALL of this.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2013, 10:13:05 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
"Tell LeBron to worry about Miami," Garnett grumbled late Thursday. "He has nothing to do with Celtic business."

Garnett punctuated his words with a pound of the podium and snarl burning straight to South Beach.

Of course, James' assault made little sense, considering the Celtics traded Pierce and Garnett to the Brooklyn Nets. The Celtics pushed Garnett to waive his no-trade clause, insisting they no longer wanted him as part of a rebuild. As a free agent, Allen turned down $12 million from the Celtics to take $6.5 million from the Heat.

When asked about James' criticisms on Thursday night, Pierce said, "I left Boston?" It was his way of simply saying: What the hell's LeBron talking about?

At 36, Pierce understands words don't carry the clout of deeds. This is why he delivered a shoulder block to James on a breakaway in the first quarter of Thursday's 86-62 victory over Miami. Garnett landed a soft blow upside James' head, too. For October, this wasn't bad theater. "That's going to be our identity," Pierce said. "That's a message to the league."

Link
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2013, 10:38:02 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Personally, I don't hold it against players when they change teams. I was bummed out when Ray Allen left, but I don't hold it against him as a person. I was bummed out when Pierce was traded and KG was either going to retire or allow himself to be traded, but I don't hold that against them, or Danny Ainge, either.

Loyalty is a fan thing. We don't know these guys, we cheer for them. If a player is treated well by an organization, then that's the icing on the cake. If a player isn't treated so well by an organization (and, let's be clear, Ray Allen was certainly being jerked around by Ainge more or less his entire Celtic tenure as trade bait), then leave. Find a job you'd rather have. The same way you would outside of the sports world.

I'll always cheer for KG and Pierce, though. A couple of my favorite Celtics. And Ray Allen, circa 2003-2012. Too bad he's dead to me, as a player, now.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2013, 12:52:50 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I think saying KG bolted is an unreasonable rewriting of history.

Minny wanted to move him. He agreed to allow the trade. The same with the Celtics. He never bolted. He agree to go along with the team's plan. For this last one, it also involved Pierce pushing him to join Pierce in Brooklyn.

I have no problem with you disliking him, but I don't think it is reasonable to put your level of spin on him acquiescing to a trade. This is not a guy who requested to be traded to compete.

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2013, 01:01:25 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Loyalty is a fan thing. We don't know these guys, we cheer for them. If a player is treated well by an organization, then that's the icing on the cake. If a player isn't treated so well by an organization (and, let's be clear, Ray Allen was certainly being jerked around by Ainge more or less his entire Celtic tenure as trade bait), then leave. Find a job you'd rather have. The same way you would outside of the sports world.
I agree.

Personally, I am rooting that these players to contribute to our team's success. If they are jerks, so what. I will admit that we have jerks or a dirty player on the team, unlike many who delude themselves into thinking that Celtics are saints. When guys leave, I typically have fondness for them if they were contributors, such as Ray, KG or Pierce. I don't usually want them back, but I'll often root for them to succeed.

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2013, 08:48:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The more Queen LeBron talks, the more petty he seems. 

I think LeBron thinks the whole world loves him.  I would never want him on the Celtics ever, period.  If he played for free, I would not want him.

It's one thing to be traded.   It's another to quit on your team and go to another team to load up because you could not win a title on your old team.

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2013, 12:39:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The more Queen LeBron talks, the more petty he seems. 

I think LeBron thinks the whole world loves him.  I would never want him on the Celtics ever, period.  If he played for free, I would not want him.

It's one thing to be traded.  It's another to quit on your team and go to another team to load up because you could not win a title on your old team.

I get the feeling that's a bit of a sliding scale.

Also, Doc weighed in;
"Paul and Kevin were traded," Rivers said on "The Dan LeBatard Show" on Wednesday. "They were traded. Paul was traded whether he wanted to be or not. Kevin was the only one who had to agree to be traded even though he had already been traded. He had to agree to the trade. That's completely different."

Rivers has also been criticized for orchestrating his departure from Boston. He thinks the Heat have a better argument there.

"You could make more of a case for me leaving than on Paul and Kevin," an animated Rivers said before reiterating that Pierce's and Garnett's situation is "completely different" from Allen's.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9871607/doc-rivers-says-kevin-garnett-paul-pierce-situation-different-ray-allen
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Your judgment is obviously being clouded on this matter.

I just cannot state strongly enough how wrong this take on the situation is.

Ha yeah its hilariously biased against KG its hard to make people see clearly with something like that.

Oh and my god how overblown and cry baby is this talk about KG picking on players during basketball games. First of all grow up. Its absolutely no different than high school or collegesports. People try and intimidate or whatever. I'm sorry I just ddon't need some happy go lucky pats people on the ass type of guy in professional sports.

But yeah KG certainly picks on players. Picks on the Europeans, white guys, smaller guys, black guys, all stars, has beens, mvp's etc. For every "weak" (is it physically or emotionally) guy you can list, i can list a "strong" (whatever that means) guy.