Author Topic: LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG  (Read 18721 times)

Re: LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 09:52:05 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol...Lebron just trying to stir the pot.

Doesn't matter.

At end of season, he'll be back in CLE, BKN will be champs (hopefully), BOS will begin cashing in some of those Trade chips, and Bosh and Wade will be left with the remnants of MIA.

That will be a story right there.

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013, 10:21:11 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Its funny cause after the Heat doesnt win this year.
LBJ is gonna bolt to another team.

I firmly believe that LBJ goes to the Lakers next year to backfill for 50 million dollars in cap space available after Kobe and Gasol's deals expire.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2013, 10:29:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
LBJ talking about loyalty. Wow. I also heard there was a recent story about a speech by Vladimir Putin about the importance of being nice to orphans and a statement by the head of the NSA about the need for privacy.  But at least those guys didn't make themselves into Scottie Pippins.

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2013, 06:23:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
LBJ talking about loyalty. Wow. I also heard there was a recent story about a speech by Vladimir Putin about the importance of being nice to orphans and a statement by the head of the NSA about the need for privacy.  But at least those guys didn't make themselves into Scottie Pippins.
He wasn't talking about loyalty, he was talking about hypocrisy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2013, 07:13:11 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
He's absolutely in the right. We eeked out three wins while they were without Chris Bosh. Once he came back we got rocked.

We had a puncher's chance of beating them while they were Boshless, but the fact that we were up is kind of like bringing up the Rondo MVP votes--there's some major asterisks involved.
You mean asterisks like not having Avery Bradley, a guy who would have made life hell for Dwayne Wade? Like not having Jeff Green? Like having an injured Ray Allen and Paul Pierce? Yeah, I get that they didn't have Bosh until late, but we weren't exactly doing great ourselves. Had both teams been at full strength, I have no doubt we would have won. Hell, we would have won as-is had the refs not made those two hilariously bad calls in Game 2.

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2013, 08:55:04 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

the fact that he did it himself to Cleveland, he is in no position to talk

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2013, 09:57:43 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

But that wasn't he said or was saying.  His issue was the way KG and Doc just leveled into Allen about loyalty when Allen left and then they turn around and do basically the same thing.  Thus, they were hypocrites.  His statement had nothing to do with loyalty, had nothing to do with switching teams, etc., and everything to do with the hypocrisy from some of the Celtics former employees.  Nothing more, nothing less.

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2013, 10:02:05 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

But that wasn't he said or was saying.  His issue was the way KG and Doc just leveled into Allen about loyalty when Allen left and then they turn around and do basically the same thing.  Thus, they were hypocrites.  His statement had nothing to do with loyalty, had nothing to do with switching teams, etc., and everything to do with the hypocrisy from some of the Celtics former employees.  Nothing more, nothing less.

that's just not true regarding KG and Pierce. They didn't ask to leave, they were pretty darn upset that Ainge asked them to leave, and in the end they reluctantly accepted for the good of the celtics franchise. HUGE, HUGE difference. You cannot ignore or spin that into something else.

As for Doc, yes, it is the same thing and he is as bad as Ray if not worse.

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2013, 10:15:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

that's just not true regarding KG and Pierce. They didn't ask to leave, they were pretty darn upset that Ainge asked them to leave, and in the end they reluctantly accepted for the good of the celtics franchise. HUGE, HUGE difference. You cannot ignore or spin that into something else.

I never said anything about Pierce and neither Lebron nor Wade used names so you can't exactly pin their statements on Pierce either.  Garnett had a no trade clause.  He actually pretty much had one in Minnesota as well (remember he refused to come to Boston till after the Allen trade).  So Garnett has basically moved to better situations, not once, but twice and each time he didn't have to.  There is a ton of hypocrisy there. 

Look I get that James and Wade aren't exactly liked characters in these parts, and both have done and said some unlikeable things in their past, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with their statements here and there was a ton of truth in them. 

The reality is KG is one of the least likeable people in basketball.  He is and always has been a giant dick, especially to those he thinks won't do anything back, and he is a gigantic hypocrite on the concept of loyalty, especially with his statements regarding Allen's departure.

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

I never said anything about Pierce and neither Lebron nor Wade used names so you can't exactly pin their statements on Pierce either.  Garnett had a no trade clause.  He actually pretty much had one in Minnesota as well (remember he refused to come to Boston till after the Allen trade).  So Garnett has basically moved to better situations, not once, but twice and each time he didn't have to.  There is a ton of hypocrisy there. 

Look I get that James and Wade aren't exactly liked characters in these parts, and both have done and said some unlikeable things in their past, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with their statements here and there was a ton of truth in them. 

The reality is KG is one of the least likeable people in basketball.  He is and always has been a giant dick, especially to those he thinks won't do anything back, and he is a gigantic hypocrite on the concept of loyalty, especially with his statements regarding Allen's departure.

I understand you clearly dislike KG, but you are trying hard to spin this into something that it's not. Pierce clearly stated the other day on CSNNE that KG was going to retire, and Pierce had to work hard to convince him to go to the Nets. KG did this out of loyalty to Pierce and to the celtics. Every single person that knows him well describes him as the most loyal person they know, to a fault.  He has nothing to prove to himself or anyone else by going to the Nets, and he doesn't need the money.

I think Lebron and Wade's statements came out of their legit fear of the Nets this year and their frustration that KG and Pierce did not fade into the night and are an even more legit threat to them this year than ever.

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2013, 10:39:39 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

If you read this short thread you'll find at least 10 indisputable arguments about how what they did wasn't even close to the same thing.

This is why people are dissing LeBron.  If he's going to call people out as hypocrites he needs to at least get his facts straight.  And if you're going to agree with him you should either do the same or revisit the definition of hypocrite.

I'll give my Robert Parish analogy from my previous post a little context.  Imagine if he signed with the LA Lakers after the '85 season when they lost to the Lakers in the Finals.  He had met the Lakers in the previous 2 Finals, he had already won 2 titles with the Celtics, and yet decided to leave an (obvious) championship contender in the '86 Celtics to have a better shot with the Lakers now that Worthy was entering his prime.

Now how can anybody seriously agree with LeBron in thinking that Bird and McHale (Pierce and KG) should say, "Hey, he just did what was best for himself."  That's obviously what LeBron would have said if Wade had left Miami for Dallas in 2011 right?  He himself couldn't possibly be a hypocrite, especially when he complains about the refs not calling fouls for him, or not calling other players for a travel, etc.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Moranis what is up with your dislike about KG?

You are trying to spin in completely. Did KG ask to be traded from Boston? That's about as close to him and ray "basically doing the same thing"

If you are speculatiing that at least that makes a little more sense but every report I've seen has been close to the opposite.

I find this whole thing odd simce it is so blatantly obvious.

I guess in a tight vacuum KG is on a new team now and Ray is on a new team. Yup "bascially the same thing"

For someone who is usually on point and at least makes convimcing arguements this is just no where close

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »

Offline kgfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2013, 11:21:16 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Pierce and KG respond...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/10/18/kevin-garnett-paul-pierce-fire-back-at-lebron-james-video/

Haha.

“I left Boston?” Pierce said incredulously after the game.

Also funny, this is the second article I've seen since this started where LeBron shows respect for and basically compliments the Celtics or their fans.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think Lebron and Wade's statements came out of their legit fear of the Nets this year and their frustration that KG and Pierce did not fade into the night and are an even more legit threat to them this year than ever.

This is clearly what is at the heart of the matter.  LeBron and Wade know all too well the warrior mentality of KG and Pierce, and likely are none too pleased they again have to deal with them, this time on a loaded Nets team.

Garnett, Pierce, Williams, Lopez and Johnson is an absurd amount of talent.  Throw in Kirilenko, Blatche, Evans and Terry, and you have one of the most loaded rosters I've ever seen assembled.

You'd have to be clearly delusional to think the manner in which KG/Pierce were sent to Brooklyn is in any way similar to the manner in which Allen left for Miami.  One player left of his own free will, as a free agent, while the other two were forced, by trade.  KG's no-trade clause only matters in that he could have told the C's "screw you, you don't want we anymore, then you get nothing".  Based on Ainge's actions this off-season, it was clear he had no intention of allowing KG or Pierce to play for the C's this season.

But I love all of this.  It is clear the rivalry between the C's and Heat has now transferred to Brooklyn.  Just look at last night's preseason tilt between the two teams.  That foul by Pierce on James was clearly made with the intention of letting James know Miami is going to have to reckon with the Nets.  KG and Pierce clearly intend on bringing the same ferocity and swag to Brooklyn they had here in Boston.