Author Topic: LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG  (Read 18714 times)

Re: LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 03:10:35 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
2. Lebron is kind of right.  KG in particular was at least portrayed as being pretty rough on Ray, and then KG agrees to basically chase a ring? 

Now, I admit, its not the same thing, because you can certianly argue KG was going along with something that the GM felt was best for the team.  But still, it's close enough that I am not going to call out Lebron for sticking up for him teammate in that way.

You surely can not be serious?

KG was traded.

We were coming off of a 7 game battle with the Heat in the playoffs and then Ray takes a discount to go to that exact team. These guys are supposed to be brothers, and KG obviously felt that they were. Leaving a team that was CONTENDING and leaving a team that was swiftly eliminated in the playoffs(and was going to trade Pierce anyways!)are on different planets.
TP.

Huge difference from leaving a ECF team that lost a tough 7 game series to the team that beat you, while taking less money, and having a GM say he wants to trade you and stop trying to win now.
Yeah but that GM told said player that he was not only on the block that he was actually traded.  I mean come on, how many times does a player need to get dicked around by a franchise before it is ok for them to leave in free agency and for the fans not to feel butt hurt about it.

Lebron and Wade's statement aren't about the trade, weren't about them leaving the Celtics, they were really about the way they treated Ray after he left and the hypocrisy of Doc forcing his way out and KG waiving his no-trade seeming a little hypocritical.  Had KG not made such a huge stink about Ray, Lebron and Wade don't say a thing, it was the hypocrisy they have an issue with.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 03:13:13 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Ray Allen's situation:
Danny Ainge says:  "I'd like for you to stay here.  Here is some $"
Ray responds:  "No thanks, I prefer to leave."

KG and Pierce's situation:
Danny Ainge says:  "I think our franchise would be better off if we make this trade that sends you away.  You can hold this deal up if you want or you can allow it to happen."
KG and Pierce respond with:  "OK, we'll leave"

I do find the 2 situations to be different.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 03:14:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
There isn't any hypocrisy about it unless you're talking about Doc. But then again when the C's have been done for 3+ years in your POV it all makes sense to you two I guess.

Just pot shots by rivals when the facts aren't the same.

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 03:15:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ray Allen's situation:

Danny Ainge says:  "I think our franchise would be better off if we make this trade that sends you away.  You can hold this deal up if you want or you can allow it to happen."

I'd add to the fact that Danny likely also said, "we're not adding any short term pieces as we have in the past to try and get better".

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Good job, good effort, LeBron. No cigar, though, I'm afraid.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »

Offline JohnBagleyValueMeal

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 176
  • It's not hard to work hard.
All this says to me is that Pierce & KG are STILL in LeBron & Wade's heads. Why say anything if you're so much above these guys?

LeBron is a historically great player, but the idea that he is disliked by anyone still gets at him. A true millenial!

Wade is the same level of Pierce & KG, trying to pretend like he's better. He's not. He's about 2 years away from getting dealt just like Pierce did.
McHale's favorite ruse is putting paper in the mouths of sleeping teammates. "Try using one of these cocktail napkins," he said. "When just the edge sticks out of a guy's mouth, it looks like he's got fangs. The best part is when he wakes up."
-- Sports Illustrated, 12/19/1983

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 04:37:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Ray Allen's situation:

Ray Allen's situation.

2008 - Ray is the 3rd best player on our first champion in 22 years.

2009 - Ainge tries to trade him and Rondo to the Suns for Amare.

2010 - Ainge tries to trade him to Golden State for Monta Ellis

2012 - Ainge tells Ray he's been traded for OJ Mayo... deal falls apart. 

2012 - Doc benches Ray for an unproven undersized role player.

2012 - Ainge signs Jason Terry

2012 - Ray decides he'd rather contribute for a contender than share backup minutes with Jason Terry on a 41 win also-ran.

2013 - Ray hits biggest shot in NBA history.  Key part of a champion.   Boston putters to a 41 win 1st round exit.

KG/Doc/Pierce situation: 

2013 - Doc, KG, Pierce and Ainge all mutually agree to blow up the Celtics... a move long overdue.

Meh.  I got nothing against Ray.  There were trade ideas on this forum weekly.  At one point I STRONGLY felt we needed to cash in on his expiring contract and trade him... so did a lot of people on this forum.  Let's not be hypocrites here and act burned that he left for a better situation.  Had we been eliminated in the 2nd round by Chicago in 2012... or if any of Ainge's intended trades worked, I think this would have been a non-issue.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 04:43:46 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 04:56:04 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Ray Allen's situation:

Ray Allen's situation.

2008 - Ray is the 3rd best player on our first champion in 22 years.

2009 - Ainge tries to trade him and Rondo to the Suns for Amare.

2010 - Ainge tries to trade him to Golden State for Monta Ellis

2012 - Ainge tells Ray he's been traded for OJ Mayo... deal falls apart. 

2012 - Doc benches Ray for an unproven undersized role player.

2012 - Ainge signs Jason Terry

2012 - Ray decides he'd rather contribute for a contender than share backup minutes with Jason Terry on a 41 win also-ran.

2013 - Ray hits biggest shot in NBA history.  Key part of a champion.   Boston putters to a 41 win 1st round exit.

KG/Doc/Pierce situation: 

2013 - Doc, KG, Pierce and Ainge all mutually agree to blow up the Celtics... a move long overdue.

Meh.  I got nothing against Ray.  There were trade ideas on this forum weekly.  At one point I STRONGLY felt we needed to cash in on his expiring contract and trade him... so did a lot of people on this forum.  Let's not be hypocrites here and act burned that he left for a better situation.  Had we been eliminated in the 2nd round by Chicago in 2012... or if any of Ainge's intended trades worked, I think this would have been a non-issue.

those are all good points, but honestly, thinking back, if 2009 happened, what are our chances?? 2009 Amar'e was relatively healthy and was a beast for the Suns

besides that - another major difference is

Ray Allen left on bad terms with the C's organization, when he got to Miami, he bad mouthed Danny, and Doc, that didn't sit well with me

KG and PP had nothing but good things to say about the Celtics which is another reason why we respected them despite them not being on our team anymore. Yes they were traded and Ray Allen left, but it is what happens post-departure that also matters a lot. We read these things a lot. I go between yahoo sports, espn, and celticsblog. I read these things. Ray Allen who I idolized since his Seattle days quickly became a hated character to me because of what he said. Like Lebron when he left Cleveland, leave - fine, but leave quietly. 

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'm sorry, but Chris Bosh is the only man on that gang that is the Miami Heat.

LeBron, Riley, Karate Hamster aka Wade and the whole horde of fans of any of them and their disgraceful organization can go where the sun doesn't shine and stay there.

There's no way to compare the Ray situation, as some of you have shown, to the PP or KG situations. KG and PP (and even Doc) brought something back to the Cs with their departure. KG and PP were Celtics until the end (and to me they're still Celtics) and worked with Danny to find the best solution for them and the organization. Ray Allen did what he though was best for him, taking a shot at KG and PP who wanted him to stay.

Now, I don't care about Ray, congrats to him for giving the enemy another ring after losing to them and the refs in the 2012 playoffs. After all, he wasn't a Celtic, there's no need to feel anything for him, good riddance. I don't Heat the Hate either, we're not contenders anymore, and in a couple of years, the Three Stooges (Ray, LeBron and the Hamster) will be too old or too far from South Beach, while the Cs will have a young and upcoming team fighting for contention.

But I still care for KG and PP, and those disgraceful Stern pets LeBrick and LeHamster should show some respect for two guys who earned their ring on the court, with no help from the refs unlike them. Never forget game 2 of the 2012 ECF. And I hope KG and PP make LeBrick and LeHamster's lives miserable again this year in the playoffs. Only a Celtic title would make me happier than watching the Nets crushing the Hate.

KG and PP deserve to be defended by Celtic fans because they stayed loyal to the organization. The Three Stooges should shut up and enjoy their "dynasty" while it lasts.

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
2013 - Ray hits biggest shot in NBA history.  Key part of a champion.

This is a bit off topic, but ... biggest shot in NBA history? Really?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2013, 06:22:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Well... unquestionably the biggest 3 pointer in NBA history.  No doubt.

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2013, 06:31:48 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
No, no reason to forgive Ray really. I don't think people should downplay what he did for Boston, but getting spurned in FA after a tough playoff series remains.
It's silly.  Had Boston lost in the 2nd round against Chicago, I don't think anyone would have cared.  But since we supremely overachieved vs the 8th seed 76ers and made it to a flukey ECF series, that means Ray can't play for the Heat?

Whatever man.  Boston was done.  The Heat rivalry was totally overblown.  Ray was told he was traded to Memphis a few months prior, but the deal fell through.  Ainge had been shopping Ray since 2009.  There was no loyalty to Ray Allen.  He was treated like a hired gun.  Our star PG didn't get along with him.  Our coach had benched him for an unproven undersized 21 year old.  We signed Jason Terry...  there was nothing here for Ray.  He made a smart move to leave.   

We don't win our title in 2008 without him.  He was part of the Big 3.  For 3.5 years, they were a serious threat for a title.  Things fell apart.  Everyone eventually left.  Let's move on and celebrate what they were able to accomplish.  Doc, Ray, KG and Pierce are gold in my book.  I also shall not hold any grudges against Rondo if he gets traded.

We may habe overachieved and I'm sure you are in denial but we were up 3-2 agaimst miami going back to Boston. Lebron played an epic game and we lost.

Also, and I'm sure you will someone justify it or twist it around but we got absolutely screwed in Game 2 (?) I believe.

You make it sound like we got to the ecf and got spanked

You do like going against the grain though so whatevs

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2013, 06:38:27 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Well... unquestionably the biggest 3 pointer in NBA history.  No doubt.

I guess I'd have to review some stuff to see if I agreed. I presume that part of the reason for your belief is that his shot came in the clinching game? That certainly adds to its importance. I remember that Robert Horry had one or two key threes in the Finals, but I'm not sure if any of them was in a clinching game.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
No, no reason to forgive Ray really. I don't think people should downplay what he did for Boston, but getting spurned in FA after a tough playoff series remains.
It's silly.  Had Boston lost in the 2nd round against Chicago, I don't think anyone would have cared.  But since we supremely overachieved vs the 8th seed 76ers and made it to a flukey ECF series, that means Ray can't play for the Heat?

Whatever man.  Boston was done.  The Heat rivalry was totally overblown.  Ray was told he was traded to Memphis a few months prior, but the deal fell through.  Ainge had been shopping Ray since 2009.  There was no loyalty to Ray Allen.  He was treated like a hired gun.  Our star PG didn't get along with him.  Our coach had benched him for an unproven undersized 21 year old.  We signed Jason Terry...  there was nothing here for Ray.  He made a smart move to leave.   

We don't win our title in 2008 without him.  He was part of the Big 3.  For 3.5 years, they were a serious threat for a title.  Things fell apart.  Everyone eventually left.  Let's move on and celebrate what they were able to accomplish.  Doc, Ray, KG and Pierce are gold in my book.  I also shall not hold any grudges against Rondo if he gets traded.

We may habe overachieved and I'm sure you are in denial but we were up 3-2 agaimst miami going back to Boston. Lebron played an epic game and we lost.

Also, and I'm sure you will someone justify it or twist it around but we got absolutely screwed in Game 2 (?) I believe.

You make it sound like we got to the ecf and got spanked

You do like going against the grain though so whatevs

He's absolutely in the right. We eeked out three wins while they were without Chris Bosh. Once he came back we got rocked.

We had a puncher's chance of beating them while they were Boshless, but the fact that we were up is kind of like bringing up the Rondo MVP votes--there's some major asterisks involved.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
For a guy that has been recorded saying some of the dumbest things in the history of our planet, this has the rank up there.

Nobody had a right to "[expletive] on Ray for leaving," but they certainly had a right to [expletive] on Ray for joining our enemy...joining the team that played dirty and dislocated Rondo's elbow to win a title.

Nobody cares if Robert Parish (coincidently the 'Ray Allen' of the original 3) leaves Boston for Charlotte once the era is over and the Celtics are losing, but if he left for the LA Lakers, or even if he left in the mid-80s before Bird and McHale, it would be a whole different story.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:59:23 PM by mgent »
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale