Author Topic: LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG  (Read 18723 times)

Re: LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 12:23:27 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
What a couple of horses asses.

Pierce was traded and though KG has a no-trade clause, he knew the Celts wanted to move him to start "rebuilding."

Couldn't be any more different then pinhead Ray Allen taking less money to leave Boston and go to Miami.

Is there some sort of alternate universe or reality in the NBA that I am not aware of?

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 12:24:52 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Its funny cause after the Heat doesnt win this year.
LBJ is gonna bolt to another team.

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
“The first thing that I thought was like, ‘Wow, Ray (Allen) got killed for leaving Boston and now these guys are leaving Boston.”

“I think it’s OK. I don’t mind it, but there was a couple guys that basically (criticized) Ray for leaving and everybody else is leaving.”

This is all that Lebron said.  There is nothing in there that isn't accurate.  And that is clearly a dig at KG not PP, and KG absolutely had a choice so it isn't a whole lot different than Allen.  KG is a hypocrite, he could have retired, he could have said nope not waiving my no trade, but he left Boston after killing Allen for doing it as well.

Wade said basically the same thing though a little more poingnant.  And again, clear shot at KG not PP.

That is absolutely false! KG showed the outmost loyalty to the celtics. He was asked to accept the trade for the good of the organization so that we could get assets for him and Pierce. He could have easily said no and played out his contract or retire, either way hurting the celtics long term. He didn't, because he is loyal.

What these quotes tell me is that the Heat are legitimately afraid of the Nets this year, otherwise they wouldn't even talk about this.
throw in the rumor of KG and PP making the argument to keep Ray at the trading deadline of his final year here and the feeling his FA departure was traitorous is hard to argue with.  KG and PP weren't left with much choice but to accept a trade.  Big difference from Ray's situation.

Bron and Wade just being turds

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 12:38:38 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
2. Lebron is kind of right.  KG in particular was at least portrayed as being pretty rough on Ray, and then KG agrees to basically chase a ring? 

Now, I admit, its not the same thing, because you can certianly argue KG was going along with something that the GM felt was best for the team.  But still, it's close enough that I am not going to call out Lebron for sticking up for him teammate in that way.

You surely can not be serious?

KG was traded.

We were coming off of a 7 game battle with the Heat in the playoffs and then Ray takes a discount to go to that exact team. These guys are supposed to be brothers, and KG obviously felt that they were. Leaving a team that was CONTENDING and leaving a team that was swiftly eliminated in the playoffs(and was going to trade Pierce anyways!)are on different planets.

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 12:47:45 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
2. Lebron is kind of right.  KG in particular was at least portrayed as being pretty rough on Ray, and then KG agrees to basically chase a ring? 

Now, I admit, its not the same thing, because you can certianly argue KG was going along with something that the GM felt was best for the team.  But still, it's close enough that I am not going to call out Lebron for sticking up for him teammate in that way.

KG was traded.

We were coming off of a 7 game battle with the Heat in the playoffs and then Ray takes a discount to go to that exact team. These guys are supposed to be brothers, and KG obviously felt that they were. Leaving a team that was CONTENDING and leaving a team that was swiftly eliminated in the playoffs(and was going to trade Pierce anyways!)are on different planets.
Amen, completely different situations LeBron is a mental midget idiot.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 12:48:42 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
While I never agreed with all the anti-Ray sentiment, there is a fundamental difference between allowing a trade and leaving as a free agent.

Ray Allen did a smart move - leave when he can set the terms. He probably ends up at some mediocre team if he hadn't left for Heat. Ray Allen could not control the decision of Celtics to tear it apart, but he could control his destiny.

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
KG and Paul don't owe Ray anything.
The only thing they had in common with each other were that they left the Celtics and went to another team and that's where it ends.
-Paul and KG didn't leave in free agency on their own, they were traded. KG was put into a difficult spot and don't even get me started on Paul and how he left.
-They said upfront why it happened and understood that this was best for the team and for the near future.

Maybe if they had their facts straight before saying something they wouldn't look as foolish.
If I were KG and Paul I wouldn't even give a response to this because all this will do is just give more drama for the media.

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 12:55:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
While I never agreed with all the anti-Ray sentiment, there is a fundamental difference between allowing a trade and leaving as a free agent.

Ray Allen did a smart move - leave when he can set the terms. He probably ends up at some mediocre team if he hadn't left for Heat. Ray Allen could not control the decision of Celtics to tear it apart, but he could control his destiny.

he is not wrong for thinking about himself and wanting another ring. But to the fans, it feels like betrayal. I'm sure time will eventually make us forget about this.

BUT, the biggest difference, is to a die-hard fan, we want to see our idols play and retire on the the same team. That's why we were so sentimental towards the departure of PP and KG and not angry vs the Ray Allen scenario.

If KG and PP really really REALLY had a choice, I am sure they would want to stay and retire a Celtic, maybe 8-9/10 times, the result will be the same. Heck, KG given 10/10 times would choose to stay

Ray Allen on the other hand, I cannot speak the same

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
“The first thing that I thought was like, ‘Wow, Ray (Allen) got killed for leaving Boston and now these guys are leaving Boston.”

“I think it’s OK. I don’t mind it, but there was a couple guys that basically (criticized) Ray for leaving and everybody else is leaving.”

This is all that Lebron said.  There is nothing in there that isn't accurate.  And that is clearly a dig at KG not PP, and KG absolutely had a choice so it isn't a whole lot different than Allen.  KG is a hypocrite, he could have retired, he could have said nope not waiving my no trade, but he left Boston after killing Allen for doing it as well.

Wade said basically the same thing though a little more poingnant.  And again, clear shot at KG not PP.

Ha these are the lebrom defenders I'm talking about.

The celtics wanted ray back and offered him twice as much money.

The celtics asked KG to leave and didn't want to pay him his money or want him on the team.

I'm sorry that is a very different situation. KG's options were to hold the franchise hostage or retire earlier than he wanted to and leave 20 or so more million on the table.

I dont get it. 95% of people understand why celtics fans (and the organization to an extent) were ticked at Ray and Doc for how they left and not ticked at Paul pierce for being traded or KG waiving (not asking) his trade clause.

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 01:44:55 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
LeBron and Wade are idiots. The situations are not remotely the same. Ray left his team in Boston for less money to go the team that barely beat us (when he and others were not close to 100%). KG and Pierce basically agreed to a trade that helped the Celtics and gave them a shot to stay together. I expect both of them to end up back in Celtic green in some way or another before too long, either as players (less likely) or in some management/coaching position (more likely). Granted, what would you expect from a moron and ultimate ring-chaser like LeBron or the dirtiest good player in the game like Wade? I look forward to watching the Nets battle the Heat this year

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Stephan A. Smith lays out pretty well the difference between the two scenarios, and says Lebron has his facts wrong. There's however some "class personified" blah blah about RA, just a warning.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9837874/miami-heat-call-former-boston-celtics-players-coach

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
You can spin this in a few directions.   You can get mad at LeBron and Wade.  You can get mad at Ray.  You can defend Pierce/KG.  You can pinpoint specific facts to argue the difference in the situations.  But let me break this down for you real simple.  Here's the bottom line and the big takeaway...

It's time to forgive Ray.  Get over it.  Dude helped us win a championship.  This team was painfully mediocre last year.  Don't hold a grudge about the guy choosing his own situation.  The Celtics have been dead as a contender for a couple years... they supremely overachieved in the 2011 playoffs, but they were never a legit contender.  I personally have nothing against Ray Allen.  He saw what some fans refused to accept... it was over.  He picked a better situation and ABSOLUTELY VINDICATED himself by hitting the biggest 3 pointer in NBA history.   Enough is enough... Ray is a big part of Celtics history.  Hating him is like hating Larry Bird for being a part of the Pacers.

And honestly, they have a partial point here.  Doc, KG, Pierce and Ainge all mutually agreed this was the time to end it.  If they were desperate to stick in Boston, they could have stuck in Boston.  It was the best move for all parties involved.  Boston wants to tank and rebuild.  Pierce/KG/Doc want to be involved with winning teams.  No bad blood towards any of those guys... and no bad blood towards Ray for leaving a year earlier.

I don't get the outrage towards Ray at all.  Option 1:  Back up Avery Bradley on a 41 win 8th seed team... then become trade fodder a year later.  Option 2:  Sign with a contender that you can contribute to.   History proves he made the right move.  Bottom line.  He's a vindicated man.  Show some respect for what he helped us accomplish here and move on.  The grudge is lame.  If Ray had left Boston this offseason... or any of the multiple times Ainge tried to dump him since 2009, I don't think anyone would have given a crap.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:05:44 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

KG was traded.

TP.

Huge difference from leaving a ECF team that lost a tough 7 game series to the team that beat you, while taking less money, and having a GM say he wants to trade you and stop trying to win now.

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 02:54:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No, no reason to forgive Ray really. I don't think people should downplay what he did for Boston, but getting spurned in FA after a tough playoff series remains.

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 03:03:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
No, no reason to forgive Ray really. I don't think people should downplay what he did for Boston, but getting spurned in FA after a tough playoff series remains.
It's silly.  Had Boston lost in the 2nd round against Chicago, I don't think anyone would have cared.  But since we supremely overachieved vs the 8th seed 76ers and made it to a flukey ECF series, that means Ray can't play for the Heat?

Whatever man.  Boston was done.  The Heat rivalry was totally overblown.  Ray was told he was traded to Memphis a few months prior, but the deal fell through.  Ainge had been shopping Ray since 2009.  There was no loyalty to Ray Allen.  He was treated like a hired gun.  Our star PG didn't get along with him.  Our coach had benched him for an unproven undersized 21 year old.  We signed Jason Terry...  there was nothing here for Ray.  He made a smart move to leave.   

We don't win our title in 2008 without him.  He was part of the Big 3.  For 3.5 years, they were a serious threat for a title.  Things fell apart.  Everyone eventually left.  Let's move on and celebrate what they were able to accomplish.  Doc, Ray, KG and Pierce are gold in my book.  I also shall not hold any grudges against Rondo if he gets traded.