Author Topic: LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG  (Read 18748 times)

LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG
« on: October 17, 2013, 10:24:53 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Thought you guys might find this interesting. Saw this on RealGM Celtics board:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1278146

An article from NY Daily News entitled "LeBron James startled by hypocrisy of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce leaving Celtics for Nets"

"LeBron James, of all people, is pulling the loyalty card on his longtime enemies.

A day before his first game against the new-look Nets, James said he was startled by hypocrisy upon learning about the trade that sent Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry to Brooklyn.

“The first thing that I thought was like, ‘Wow, Ray (Allen) got killed for leaving Boston and now these guys are leaving Boston,” James told reporters on Wednesday. “I think it’s OK. I don’t mind it, but there was a couple guys that basically (criticized) Ray for leaving and everybody else is leaving.”

Although James’ logic is flawed, it does have merit regarding Garnett. It also has the potential to overshadow Jason Kidd’s jersey retirement ceremony before Thursday’s preseason game between the Heat and Nets.

When Allen signed with the Heat as a free agent last year, Garnett said he cut off contact with his former teammate. Terry took a thinly veiled shot at Allen by praising Pierce last season for “his willingness to stick through the tough times, and not jump off.”

Pierce and Terry were traded to the Nets, so there’s only a slight connection, if any. Garnett, however, had a choice — and he decided to waive his no-trade clause instead of retiring or staying with a Celtics team that was entering a rebuilding phase. Garnett had previously said he would never waive his no-trade clause, but that was before the Celtics sent Doc Rivers to the Clippers.

“If it’s up to me, I’m going to retire a Celtic,” Garnett said in February.

Dwyane Wade said Wednesday he would have to give his “media answer” when asked about the relocation of Boston’s former stars. Still, the Miami guard managed to work in a dig.

“We all know how it works,” he said. “People say things about people when they decide to do something but then people do the same thing. It’s about putting yourself in the best situation. It’s about doing what’s best for your family.”

There’s a long history between all the players involved, an admitted hatred that stems from playoff battles. James lost twice in the playoffs to the Celtics while with the Cavaliers. He then joined the Heat — amidst heavy criticism for disloyalty — and finally won that series. The Heat had also lost to Terry’s Mavs in the 2011 Finals.

Allen signed with the Heat last year for half the money the Celtics offered, and hit the biggest shot of the NBA Finals en route to his second title. The Nets play the Heat twice in the preseason. Their home opener Nov. 1 is also against Miami. “I know K.G. and all these guys are going to come with a lot of intensity because of their playoff history. It’s going to be game-like,” Nets center Andray Blatche said about Thursday’s tilt. “And I know they are going to come back at us with the same kind of intensity.”

- See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1278146#sthash.vPr3URDw.dpuf

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/lebron-startled-hypocrisy-new-nets-bolted-boston-article-1.1487927#ixzz2hzNJC92y

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/lebron-startled-hypocrisy-new-nets-bolted-boston-article-1.1487927

These guys just won an NBA title (gag) with Judas, and that wasn't enough for them, they still have to talk trash. Pretty sad.

Re: LeBroid and Wade take shots at PP and KG
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 10:38:58 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
1. Lebron is sticking up for a teammate.

2. Lebron is kind of right.  KG in particular was at least portrayed as being pretty rough on Ray, and then KG agrees to basically chase a ring? 

Now, I admit, its not the same thing, because you can certianly argue KG was going along with something that the GM felt was best for the team.  But still, it's close enough that I am not going to call out Lebron for sticking up for him teammate in that way.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 10:39:54 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
of course it's not the same

KG didn't want to leave the Celtics and was thinking about retirement. He is extremely loyal to the Celtics organization. When Danny wanted to rebuild, he traded Pierce and Pierce didn't want to go alone. KG is a loyal player to a franchise and a loyal friend. By leaving, he accompanied Pierce and also did the Celtics a favor in our rebuild process. If the Celtics were still contending, I am sure they would hold on the PP and KG.

Judas on the other hand, left when we were still trying to compete. Wade And James - don't try to twist the stories up

Lebron would never show any loyalty if he can find a team that can help him get a championship easier.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 10:57:11 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Tabloid fodder.

I've already outed myself as a fan of trash talk, but this is just a daily looking for space to fill.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 11:00:13 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

2. Lebron is kind of right.  KG in particular was at least portrayed as being pretty rough on Ray, and then KG agrees to basically chase a ring? 

.... it's close enough that I am not going to call out Lebron for sticking up for him teammate in that way.

1. Are they sticking up for a teammate or using that teammate (and their attendant hypocritical self-righteousness) to bash a two longtime foes.

2. In no way is King James right. He and Judas belong together. Judas chose to leave while KG was asked to leave. Pretty significant, dispositive difference I think.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 11:02:21 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
of course it's not the same

KG didn't want to leave the Celtics and was thinking about retirement. He is extremely loyal to the Celtics organization. When Danny wanted to rebuild, he traded Pierce and Pierce didn't want to go alone. KG is a loyal player to a franchise and a loyal friend. By leaving, he accompanied Pierce and also did the Celtics a favor in our rebuild process. If the Celtics were still contending, I am sure they would hold on the PP and KG.

Judas on the other hand, left when we were still trying to compete. Wade And James - don't try to twist the stories up

Lebron would never show any loyalty if he can find a team that can help him get a championship easier.
spot on gets you a tp!

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 11:10:54 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

.... it's close enough that I am not going to call out Lebron for sticking up for him teammate in that way.

1. Are they sticking up for a teammate or using that teammate (and their attendant hypocritical self-righteousness) to bash a two longtime foes.

2. In no way is King James right. He and Judas belong together. Judas chose to leave while KG was asked to leave. Pretty significant, dispositive difference I think.

Not a fan of free agency, I take it?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:11:40 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
lbj and dwade's false arrogance is so laughable as their insecurities scream thru so much of what they do and say

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »

Online letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
lbj and dwade's false arrogance is so laughable as their insecurities scream thru so much of what they do and say
And they can do no wrong either

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 11:25:19 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I love people who try and be "objective" and defend lebron on here.

He's just wrong no matrer how you slice it. Probably about 5-10 reasons of him being wrong. Theres actually no arguement for him except I guess KG and Pierce didn't stomp their feet and say they wouldn't leave. I mean give me a break Pierce could have been cut by the C's with his guranteed money.

Doc on the otherhand is the same if not worse than Ray.

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 11:35:55 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I don't think Lebron knows the definition of being traded. Pierce really shouldn't be anywhere in this discussion at all. He can try and take his shots at Doc (did he quit/did he not quit?) and Kg (had more of choice in an unfavorable situation) since they were more vocal about Ray leaving, but Paul had no say so in his future with the C's.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 11:42:29 AM by sed522002 »

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Not a fan of free agency, I take it?

No, its more that I am not a fan of the self-righteous hypocrisy that James espouses and his poor analogy skills twisted to serve his own petty purposes.

I love the first line of the article that states:

"LeBron James, of all people, is pulling the loyalty card on his longtime enemies."

Pricelessly accurate.

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 11:53:52 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557
“The first thing that I thought was like, ‘Wow, Ray (Allen) got killed for leaving Boston and now these guys are leaving Boston.”

“I think it’s OK. I don’t mind it, but there was a couple guys that basically (criticized) Ray for leaving and everybody else is leaving.”

This is all that Lebron said.  There is nothing in there that isn't accurate.  And that is clearly a dig at KG not PP, and KG absolutely had a choice so it isn't a whole lot different than Allen.  KG is a hypocrite, he could have retired, he could have said nope not waiving my no trade, but he left Boston after killing Allen for doing it as well.

Wade said basically the same thing though a little more poingnant.  And again, clear shot at KG not PP.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 12:08:35 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2716
“The first thing that I thought was like, ‘Wow, Ray (Allen) got killed for leaving Boston and now these guys are leaving Boston.”

“I think it’s OK. I don’t mind it, but there was a couple guys that basically (criticized) Ray for leaving and everybody else is leaving.”

This is all that Lebron said.  There is nothing in there that isn't accurate.  And that is clearly a dig at KG not PP, and KG absolutely had a choice so it isn't a whole lot different than Allen.  KG is a hypocrite, he could have retired, he could have said nope not waiving my no trade, but he left Boston after killing Allen for doing it as well.

Wade said basically the same thing though a little more poingnant.  And again, clear shot at KG not PP.

That is absolutely false! KG showed the outmost loyalty to the celtics. He was asked to accept the trade for the good of the organization so that we could get assets for him and Pierce. He could have easily said no and played out his contract or retire, either way hurting the celtics long term. He didn't, because he is loyal.

What these quotes tell me is that the Heat are legitimately afraid of the Nets this year, otherwise they wouldn't even talk about this.

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 12:18:17 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2716
Also, Wades comments are even more off he mark than Lebrons. At no point did KG or Pierce say or even imply that going to the Nets was what was best for their family. Quite the contrary. They both have said it is what it is as it's the best for the celtics going forward and they will try to deal with it.