Author Topic: [IDEA] Let`s get out from under Jeff Green`s contract whilst we still can!  (Read 6275 times)

Re: [IDEA] Let`s get out from under Jeff Green`s contract whilst we still can!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Jeff Green is the future Celtics wingman, hands down

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
@NeuroticFan Precisely. This thread is to spotlight the massively emotional handling of Jeff Green's pre-season. Frankly I do not know why he, of all the guys on the roster is under such intense glare?   
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 01:24:22 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
@NeuroticFan Precisely. This thread is to spotlight the massively emotional handling of Jeff Green's pre-season. Frankly I do not know why he, of all the guys on the roster is under such intense glare?

Because we've been waiting for 2 1/2 years to see if he was worth breaking up our championship winning starting 5.

Nevermind that we've only got one of those guys left now. That glare is probably always going to be on Jeff Green until he leads us to a 60 win season, racking up a scoring title and one joins Simmons's coveted 50/40/90 club.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 06:25:51 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Some reasons for all the Jeff Green beating:

- We're forgetting the Celtic approach to winning, TEAM ball. In this me-first Star, highlight era, we're supposed to wait for a "chosen one" to carry everyone else to titles. If Jeff isn't that, we don't need him.

- The grass is always greener on the other side.

- People bought into the "we've never lost with our starting 5" and think the Perk trade was the reason for the 2011 fiasco.

I think we should be patient this year with our guys. Some of them (Hump, Bass, Lee, Crawesome...but not only them) might be traded soon, some of them could be future building blocks, but we won't have a team at least until the end of the season, maybe next season after the Draft. Right now we have an unbalanced roster, with talented kids and capable vets, and that will mean lots of losses. We better don't get worked over this or that player, it's the TEAM what they're building right now.

We're not contenders anymore, there's no need to blame a player or look for a trade that can turn this team into contenders, because right now we're more like 3 or 4 trades away from that.

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 07:41:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No one would want him as poorly as he has played in preseason.   I think trading him now would get us low market value.

Not having PP and KG to draw the double has caused him an adjustment period.   I wonder how many on this board have ever warranted a double or triple team and know what he is going through.   It's a big adjustment folks, give it some time.