Author Topic: Best Possible Starting Lineup  (Read 6972 times)

Re: Best Possible Starting Lineup
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 11:20:52 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Crawford may be our leading scorer..going to be a long year
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
once Rondo is back I'm going

Rondo/Bradley/Green/Olynyk/Sullinger

6th Man-Wallace.

Hump/Bass/Crawford/Lee see minutes as well as reserves.

Fav/Pressey/Bogans/Brooks- Spot minutes. garbage minutes.  Injury replacement guys.  This group will really have to beat out someone from the above group to earn playing time.  I could absolutely see Faverani winning some minutes over Bass or Hump.  I could see Lee falling out of favor and someone like Bogans or Pressey getting additional time.  It will be interesting for sure

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I'm for a Crawford-Bradley-Green-Humphries-Faverani, with Wallace, Lee, Bass, Sully and Olynyk as the bench unit to start with, then When  Rondo comes back he slots in for JCraw. On a slightly different note, I would like to see The Klynyk and Pressey do some D league time.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 12:16:40 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm for a Crawford-Bradley-Green-Humphries-Faverani, with Wallace, Lee, Bass, Sully and Olynyk as the bench unit to start with, then When  Rondo comes back he slots in for JCraw. On a slightly different note, I would like to see The Klynyk and Pressey do some D league time.

Olynyk is definitely good enough to be playing in the NBA right away, and I think that would be the best thing for his development.  He just needs to be more physical but I think he is.  He is more than skilled enough.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 12:30:43 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

No way do I think Klynyk will benefit from D-League time.  He needs to be getting minutes with the big squad and contending for Rookie of the Year honors. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 12:34:51 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Lineup for now:

Avery Crawford Green Bass Sullinger

Crawford really has to start.  He is very important as pretty much our only player who can break down the defense off the dribble and create his own shot.

I'm also giving Bass the benefit of the doubt.  I didn't like the first two games too much but I did like last game from him.  Hoping he keeps stepping up.

Humphries or Olynyk could step into the starting lineup for Bass, I'd prefer Humphries at the moment for rebounding purposes.

I want KO starting with Sully before too long, but I think it's good to hold him back for a bit and get him adjusted to the league first.

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 12:40:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Look, I think guys should earn time.  So if I didn't believe Pressey or Olynyk had played well enough so far to earn a spot in the rotation, I'd agree with you.

But I don't think that's the case.  In fact, I'd say Pressey and Olynyk have outplayed some of the veterans.

That, and the fact that this is unquestionably a player development year first and a competitive year second, makes me believe that sending Kelly and Phil to the D-League would make very little sense.

I'd prefer to bench Bass or Humphries and Brooks, Lee, or Crawford and play the younger guys more.

Pressey and Olynyk look like they have the skills to become useful role players in this league long term.  The aforementioned vets are what they are at this point, I think.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Lineup for now:

Crawford really has to start.  He is very important as pretty much our only player who can break down the defense off the dribble and create his own shot.

I'm also giving Bass the benefit of the doubt.  I didn't like the first two games too much but I did like last game from him.  Hoping he keeps stepping up.

Humphries or Olynyk could step into the starting lineup for Bass, I'd prefer Humphries at the moment for rebounding purposes.

I want KO starting with Sully before too long, but I think it's good to hold him back for a bit and get him adjusted to the league first.

If he can be a capable rebounder I'd like that too.  Either way he should be playing big minutes.  He is really possibly the second best passer on the team behind Rondo.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 01:08:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Lineup for now:

If he can be a capable rebounder I'd like that too.  Either way he should be playing big minutes.  He is really possibly the second best passer on the team behind Rondo.

The ball movement and floor spacing has definitely looked the best when Olynyk is out there with Sullinger and Wallace.

That's a very strong argument for starting a Wallace-Olynyk-Sullinger front court.

Green, Bass, and Humphries will have an easier time scoring and taking advantages of mismatches playing on the second unit. 

Originally I had thought that Humphries would be the clear-cut starter at center, but based on the preseason it doesn't look like he's likely to do well playing there.  Because of that, I think when it comes down to it, Humphries and Bass are probably competing against one another for a spot in the rotation.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Until Rondo comes back, I'm starting to think that Jordan Crawford might belong in the starting backcourt alongside AB.  Mostly, I'd like AB to be able to play off the ball a little - he's good at slashing to the basket, and we're got a couple of pretty good passing big men (Crash and KO).  Mostly, though, Crawford's been showing up as probably about as good a ballhandler as we currently have, outside of Pressey (who I don't think is quite ready yet).

So, I think I'd go with:

Crawford
AB
Jeff Green
Crash
Sully

Whoever plays the 5 on this team is likely going to be undersized.  Been impressed with Vitor so far but let's give him a little bit to get acclimated to the NBA game, the opportunity is there for him to earn the starting spot but he's got to earn it.  Bass has probably been our best rebounder so far (I just threw up a little writing that), so he's going to be in the mix somehow. 

But Sully, he's been the closest thing we'd got to a real low-post presence, and he's got the bulk at least to bang with some of the big fellas. 

Tough, through - we've got five big men who are all rotation-caliber but none of which would be automatic starters on a playoff team - but only one of them is a legit 5 and they're all flawed in their own way.  Going to be a lot of different rotations - a lot of different lineups - until they get a trade done.

Which, maybe means that Bass earns the starting spot as a (massively) undersized 5, to get an opportunity to earn himself a trade out of town.  He's been relatively impressive from what I've seen - definitely a guy who could help a lot of playoff teams - so maybe we can swap him for some salary relief/late 1st round pick/backup PG.

I think your 5 is my favorite of the non-Rondo ones I've seen thus far.  Putting Green and Wallace at the 3/4 is the best way to take advantage of their versatility and speed on both ends.  The defense of Bradley and Wallace on the floor together would also be fun.

Going big with Bradley/Green/Wallace/Sully/Olynyk would also be interesting.  Painful lack of ball-handling in the backcourt, but interesting possibilities with Sully and Olynyk's high post passing abilities matched with the cutting and slashing of the other 3.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
funny thing to me is i thought we had a log jam at power forward (we do) and shooting guard
so far this preseason we have seen good play from bradley and crawford
jeff green has been taking some flack for under playing but to me courtney lee has played himself out of a starting position which was his to loose and brooks who i thought might have what we would need and end up starting with rondo has been a big disappointment
to me if brooks continues his shoot only game (poor passing and horrible defense) he will be in europe soon enough
i'm still hoping ainge will be moving a pf and package for a legit center or top notch shooting guard.

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 05:12:17 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Best possible lineup for me, without Rondo.

Bradley
Wallace
Green
Sullinger
Humphries

Bass rebounds, defends, and scores the ball better against 2nd units.

First subs being: Crawford, Olynyk, Faverani, Bass, & Lee

You could stagger the subs in to keep a PG (Bradley/Crawford) and a scorer (Green/Wallace/Sullinger)out there on the floor at all times.

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Roster is just a mess.

I'm warming to Crawford/Bradley in the backcourt.  Crawford should start at PG; he's earned it.

Sully, of course.

Green/Wallace is a problem.  Green is perhaps more talented, while Wallace is more aggressive.  No minutes available for either at PF due to the logjam there.  Wallace looks better, but oh boy, is that a problem for Stevens to try to manage.  I want it to be Green, but frankly it's Wallace.

That only leaves one starting spot, and Hump just is not a talented basketball player.  Vitor is the natural fit, but isn't starter-ready.

So...if we're going to be undersized anyway, who gets the not out of the remaining players to start with Crawford, Bradley, Wallace, and Sully?

Options:  Olynyk (not ready), Bass, Hump...nope.

I guess I go with JGreen, move Sully to C, and pray for the best.

Starting Roster:

Crawford
Bradley
Green
Wallace
Sully

Bench Rotation:

Bass
Olynyk
Lee?
Fav

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 05:47:27 PM »

Offline Ahymes101

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • Champions are defined by their rings.
Until Rondo's return, we should have a scoring punch with defense being the compliment.

Starters:
Bradley
Brooks
Green
Sully
Humphries

Bench Subs:
Pressey
Crawford
Wallace
Bass
Olynyk

Great lineups all around, and all can compliment and be interchanged.
Boston Celtics fan living in Beverly Hills, California. I was born and raised in LA, but always a Celtic at heart.

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Until Green can show more energy and focus I would start Wallace. Plus I think Crawford (PG) and Bradely are developing some chemistry. Pressey and Brooks/Lee off the bench.

Crawford
Bradley
Wallace
Bass/Hump
Olynyk

Presey
Brook/Lee
Green
Sullinger
Vitor Fav

Whatever star caliber players we can attract will have a very competent group to work with. There is also so much redundancy that Trades will not be too painful. With exception of Rondo and poss. Bradley, Sullinger and Olynyk everyone else is expendable; but I like the new young core of Bradley, Sullinger and Olynyk (even Pressey and Faverani)