Author Topic: Anyone noticing a pattern the first 4 games? Jumpshot after jumpshot ?  (Read 6454 times)

Re: Anyone noticing a pattern the first 4 games? Jumpshot after jumpshot ?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It seems to me that the fact that we can have both of our bigs be jump shooting threats at all times is currently one of of our biggest weapons.  I like the fact that so far Olynyk, Sullinger, and Faverani have all been given the green light to shoot it from beyond the arc.

It helps that none of our jump shooting bigs are exclusively jump shooters.  Hopefully, we can mix it up so that the opposition won't be able to know who is going to pop and who is going to roll on any given high pick play. 

This should really be able to spread the floor for us and allow more driving lanes for our guards and wings.  With Rondo sidelined, we don't have any top level penetrators on the team.  They will need all the help they can get. 

If we can fine tune this spread offense (along with some well timed cuts and off the ball screens) while Rondo sits and watches, it could really open up an offense where he could end up being deadly at getting in the lane and picking out open guys on the perimeter or cutting to the basket when he returns.

I look forward to seeing how this all works out as the season progresses, particularly once Rondo gets back.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 12:54:19 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
A little concerned....to much street ball. But its early...

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 01:50:01 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Jump shooting? Classic 21st-century Celtics basketball.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 03:26:25 PM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
Classic reactionary celticsblog talk.  Jeff's penetration will be fine.  Anyone who has seen him drive knows he often barrels to the basket pretty recklessly, in my opinion he's opting not to do that and risk injuring himself during the preseason.  Now I am a bit concerned with the low percentage of jumper that are going down for him, but that'll even itself out.