Poll

Until Rondo returns, who do we turn to for a crunch time bucket?

Jeff Green
11 (23.9%)
Jared Sullinger
14 (30.4%)
Jordan Crawford
6 (13%)
Gerald Wallace
5 (10.9%)
Other
10 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: November 09, 2013, 11:20:18 AM

Author Topic: Who will be our go-to guy?  (Read 6821 times)

Re: Who will be our go-to guy?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 07:27:18 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
When was Rondo ever our crunch time bucket maker ??

Outside of a few unexpected games/playoff games, if Rondo is the guy you want to have as your game closer than your in trouble.

I agree and would also say that he is 'mostly' not ideal because of erratic free throw shooting. He can certainly create a shot and draw contact though cant he? A closer has to be a high percentage free throw guy with few exceptions.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 11:07:36 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
There is no go-to guy.  The sooner we all get used to that the better.

At times it will be enjoyable -- there will be games where 6 or 7 guys score in double digits.

Other games, the team will head into the fourth quarter with fewer than 50 points and it will be excruciating to watch this team try to put the ball in the basket.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I guess Green's going to lead the team in shots but I don't think it's going to be by a big margin.  One, he doesn't have the ball skills or the history of being a great scorer to where he's going to control the ball a lot and be able to dictate how many chances he gets.  Two, there are a lot of guys on this team who like to shoot and aren't shy about it--  Bradley, Bass, Sullinger, Crawford, Wallace, etc. I mean whenever the ball freaking touches Bass' hands, he almost always holds it and seems to at least think of shooting.  With Pierce and KG gone and Bass being one of the elder statesman on the team, I think he's going to take even greater offensive license.  He's one of the sneakiest ball-stoppers in the league.

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
rondo is our only go to guy but since it was until he gets back
i went with jeff green and other being KO

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 06:03:04 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Bass

when did a preseason *practice* game show a players worth?

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 06:12:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Bass

when did a preseason *practice* game show a players worth?

Usually, I'd agree with this sentiment.

But what's the difference between a preseason game and a regular season game, this season?  Are the objectives any different?  Is the rotation going to be much tighter or any more consistent?

We might all have an easier time this season if we just look at it like an entire 82 game preseason.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 07:16:45 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
There is no go to person. That is the one obvious conclusion looking at this team so far. We just need to sit tight until we can land a "go to player". Right now we have a bunch of role players and mid-level or rising talent.

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 07:33:19 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I don't think we have one here. It may be a long season where we only win 30 games (or less maybe) but I look for improvement and learning of our future core as a measure of this season's success.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Bass

OP. say  go-to ......not. Goat too

Messin.  ;)

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Jeff Green...he won us a few games last year with the last shot. I guarantee his number gets called the most for the last shot and leading up to it in the 4th...Don't let this preseason fool you...
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 09:00:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Stevens will go to whomever is hot.   I say this because the NYC game he went to Babb for the last shot.  Babb was the hot hand.

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
We don't have one.  That's why this team finishes under .500.

bingo! this thread is just a trick question, right? the celtics have no go-to guy right now.

they have plenty of guys who will dribble into double teams or toss up a prayer with 5 seconds left on the shot clock.

after watching the past few games, it is clear the celtics are far better at the fast break than the half court game. in the waining seconds of a close game the celtics will have a LOT of trouble scoring baskets...unless babb can continue shooting 3s at 80% or so.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 12:29:48 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Don't laugh.......Crawford.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 12:32:48 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Question: Who will be our go-to guy?

Answer: It will be a bum-fight over a steak between Marshon Brooks and Jordan Crawford, and it will be GLORIOUS.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 12:33:02 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Don't laugh.......Crawford.

More likely to cry.
- Mark Twain