Author Topic: rondo, ab to sac trade idea  (Read 4644 times)

rondo, ab to sac trade idea
« on: October 09, 2013, 03:21:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just adding to simmons idea
Sac new owners like nj nets owners want to win now.
Sac team is just too full of young players and need to balance with proven vets

If we cant win with rondo but rondo wants max what is danny going to do?? As well im not confident danny is going to sign ab to a contract he wants. ab is good friends with cousins

To sac: ab, rondo and either jeff green or wallace
To bos: mclemore, isiah thomas, salmons, thompson, 1st round pick

We add a potential top flight sg, decent pg and a nice off the bench pf

Celts future starting lineup

Sully-oly-2014 1st- mclemore- thomas for now

2014 pick - top sf
Next big pick - elite pg
Other pick possibility - elite big

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:32:52 PM by triboy16f »

Re: rondo, ab to sac trade idea
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 03:29:49 PM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17

If we cant win with rondo but rondo wants max what is danny going to do?? As well im not confident danny is going to sign ab to a contract he wants. ab is good friends with cousins

We add a top flight sg, decent pg and a nice off the bench pf

2014 pick - top sf
Next big pick - elite pg

Thoughts?

not interested in a Sacto deal unless Ainge can bring back an unprotected 2014 1st, McLemore AND Sacto takes back our bad contracts in exchange for expirings.  So it would have to look something like this (I haven't checked trade tracker)

Rondo/Lee/Wallace/Bass/Brooks
For
2014 1st (unprotected), McLemore, Salmons, Vasquez, Patterson

It's essentially Rondo for a lottery pick, McLemore and cap space.  that's a good haul for Rondo.  not sure Sacto does it though. 

Rondo/Lee/Wallace/Landry/Cousins
Thomas/Thornton/Mbah a Moute/Bass/Thompson
Jimmer/Brooks/Hayes

that's probably still not a playoff team in the West unless Rondo/Cousins really take off together

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:38:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Sac wont give up and take on that much for rondo.

Also patterson and cousins are good friends which is a big reason why sac brought him in last year. He is not going anywhere.

Im not a big fan of vasquez and rather have thomas.

Unprotected 2014 likely wont be an issue. If sac gets rondo the team should be playoff bound anyways. Unless they are sure of this , rondo wont be even brought in. The situationis they are hanging around 7th-9th and need a boost for the next steps

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:40:15 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
horrible trade for us, we will run out of assets to trade. Only one left is Green. Maybe Sullinger. KO has not proven himself in the regular season yet so, if you trade Rondo AND Bradley, you are making this team even harder to rebuild.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
I want Rondo to stay.

Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sully/KO with some draft picks and cap space is a nice foundation that can grow into something awesome.  Especially if Ainge can supplement that core with a nice trade or two.

Just watching 1 preseason game I left intrigued by what this team could look like with Rondo

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 04:07:12 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
you make it sound like its easy to get an elite pg and an elite big. or even a top 5 pick in the 2014 draft.

Lol.

This ain't NBA 2K14.

I'd rather build around what we have, and trade the bad contracts away, and have an idea of what we're gonna be like in the future, than throw away our assets for an unproven rookie SG, an undersized back up PG, and an underachieving PF.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

We add a top flight sg, decent pg and a nice off the bench pf

2014 pick - top sf
Next big pick - elite pg

Thoughts?

not interested in a Sacto deal unless Ainge can bring back an unprotected 2014 1st, McLemore AND Sacto takes back our bad contracts in exchange for expirings.  So it would have to look something like this (I haven't checked trade tracker)

Rondo/Lee/Wallace/Bass/Brooks
For
2014 1st (unprotected), McLemore, Salmons, Vasquez, Patterson

It's essentially Rondo for a lottery pick, McLemore and cap space.  that's a good haul for Rondo.  not sure Sacto does it though. 

Rondo/Lee/Wallace/Landry/Cousins
Thomas/Thornton/Mbah a Moute/Bass/Thompson
Jimmer/Brooks/Hayes

that's probably still not a playoff team in the West unless Rondo/Cousins really take off together

I am more on board with something like this. I am not giving up Rondo unless we get a very good pick, very good prospect, and unload some long term salary. I would also consider dealing Rondo in Cousins trade, but I don't think Sac really has the desire to trade him anymore. McLemore looks alright, but he fell in the draft because of holes in his game.

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 04:13:37 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't think that Sacramento is focused on winning now the same way the Nets are. I think their goal is to end the playoff drought, and build a fun team that will keep fans in the arena. Think of the last five or so years of the Warriors.

Also, after watching the Warriors/Kings preseason game, I'm hesitant to lust after Cousins. Dude, you're 6'11 260 lbs... why on earth are you 16 feet away from the basket on every offensive possession?

Related:I think a player like McLemore would be a great compliment to a player like Rondo, and would probably swap him for Bradley (as much as I like AB).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 04:16:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
you make it sound like its easy to get an elite pg and an elite big. or even a top 5 pick in the 2014 draft.

Lol.

This ain't NBA 2K14.

I'd rather build around what we have, and trade the bad contracts away, and have an idea of what we're gonna be like in the future, than throw away our assets for an unproven rookie SG, an undersized back up PG, and an underachieving PF.

So u will give rondo near max right??

That is a deadly situation especially if he cant be a difference maker for the team.

Again im talking about by trade deadlibe rondo marginally improves the team. U cant keep blaming everyone else, he has to be a difference maker

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 04:34:55 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Lol.

This ain't NBA 2K14.

So u will give rondo near max right??

That is a deadly situation especially if he cant be a difference maker for the team.

Again im talking about by trade deadlibe rondo marginally improves the team. U cant keep blaming everyone else, he has to be a difference maker

Rondo, not a difference maker for the team?
Rondo will always be the difference maker for any team he is on.

Who knows if Rondo demands the max deal, maybe he doesnt, or maybe he negotiates for a fair contract so he has a chance to win again, who knows?

I'd rather keep a top 5 point guard, than lose him over some unproven players and a pick.

I'd only trade Rondo for a legit star.