Author Topic: Teams that may want Rondo  (Read 30693 times)

Teams that may want Rondo
« on: October 08, 2013, 05:51:11 PM »

Offline Smittymks

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Not many teams that would be a fit for Rondo...I think C's would want a first round pick in next years draft along with cap relief.
Here are the small number of teams that may make a call about Rondo and what they have to offer.

Bobcats - high draft pick - Ben Gordon expiring - Sessions.  They need an all star desperately.

Warriors - mid draft pick - H. Barnes. Rondo would make them a legit threat.

Rockets - mid/late pick - O. Asik - T. Jones. Rondo, Harden and Howard would be a BIG 3.

Kings - high pick - cap relief, B. Mclemore, - new owner wants to make flashy move.

That's all the teams that I can see even being interested in Rondo. My opinion would be to keep Rondo but what will trader Danny do??
"My favorite ring? The next one"
TB12

Re: Teams that may want Rondo
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:58:14 PM »

fitzhickey

Not many teams that would be a fit for Rondo...I think C's would want a first round pick in next years draft along with cap relief.
Here are the small number of teams that may make a call about Rondo and what they have to offer.

Bobcats - high draft pick - Ben Gordon expiring - Sessions.  They need an all star desperately.

Warriors - mid draft pick - H. Barnes. Rondo would make them a legit threat.

Rockets - mid/late pick - O. Asik - T. Jones. Rondo, Harden and Howard would be a BIG 3.

Kings - high pick - cap relief, B. Mclemore, - new owner wants to make flashy move.

That's all the teams that I can see even being interested in Rondo. My opinion would be to keep Rondo but what will trader Danny do??
If we trade Rondo to the Bobcats I want Kemba and MKG/Biyombo
but i would rather keep him

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 07:33:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
How about the Celtics wanting Rondo?   They can' happy with Bradley at the PG save defensively and its obvious that he is a one trick pony with the corner jumper and cuts to the basketball.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 01:19:46 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Rockets might want Rondo, but they don't have much to offer us for him.

I could see the Kings wanting him.  A first, McLemore, and a couple other pieces might be enough, assuming their record is really bad and McLemore is having a strong rookie season.

I'm sure the Lakers would love him.  Hard to see how that could happen though.  Maybe if they get a top 5 draft pick?

The Bucks would probably like to have Rondo much better than Brandon Knight, but again there's the issue of them not having much to offer.  Perhaps a top 10 pick and a couple of their nicer young pieces (not named Larry Sanders) would do it.

I could see the Hawks liking Rondo, but they really have nothing to offer.

Dallas would be a good landing spot for Rondo, but they don't have anything, either.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 02:02:00 AM »

Kiorrik

How about the Celtics wanting Rondo?   They can' happy with Bradley at the PG save defensively and its obvious that he is a one trick pony with the corner jumper and cuts to the basketball.
A one-trick-pony with ... two tricks.

That's tricky.

Was he hiding one up his sleeve?

Actually, that's one tricked out one-trick-pony then.

Or maybe he was just pretending, more of a one-trick-phony?

We should give him a bunny, so he can makes his third a hat-trick.

.edit: Sorry for editing this post so often, but new ideas just keep on trickling in.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:19:30 AM by Kiorrik »

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 02:07:53 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Golden State doesn't need Rondo.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:30:21 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I heard there is a team in the atlantic division that wants him to be the core of their newly begun rebuid.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 04:39:04 AM »

fitzhickey

I heard there is a team in the atlantic division that wants him to be the core of their newly begun rebuid.
I didn't know NY was rebuilding
Just kidding I want him here

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 07:38:23 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
New Jersey with Deron Williams playing the shooting guard?
THe Russian wouldn't have a problem paying both I guess.

New York wants him bad, as does Detroit.

Either Monroe or Drummond or the rookie pick will be dangled around for Rondo. Drummond being the least likely or basically impossible.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 07:40:03 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
;)
i get it
how about every team in the league except the clipper with paul

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
I want Rondo here but if we did decide to trade him, Houston is the only place I think he would be happy to go to. Harden/Howard/Rondo is a dangerous core.

What about http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=kwqd69q? It's way too big to actually happen, but not a bad return for Rondo, especially Thompson+Parsons

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 03:25:14 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Quote from: diconzo What about [url=http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=kwqd69q
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=kwqd69q[/url]? It's way too big to actually happen, but not a bad return for Rondo, especially Thompson+Parsons

I can't imagine why GS would want to downgrade at both SG and C just to take on Bass's contract.

I do think the Rockets should make a move for Rondo. It puts them over the top in the West and if they offered Beverley/Parsons/Jones/Lin for Rondo I'd have to consider it. If they moved on a pick or two I'd probably do it. That puts us in the tank and gives us 3 pretty promising prospects as well as at least one extra pick to rebuild with.

Another team I don't think gets a ton of mention in the Rondo sweepstakes is Indiana. I think Indiana needs a top flight PG to put them above Miami in east. I like Hill but he's not even top 15 in the league at PG. Rondo makes that team a serious heavyweight and while I'm not sure they have the assets to make a run at him, Indiana is in a very interesting position this season. They retained their core from last year and added a little to their bench. They don't have their 1st rounder this year (unless they bomb) but if they could put together a package using another team to get Rondo I think it moves them into the top-3 teams in the the league. Bird is wily, don't sleep on him!

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 04:10:35 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
To tons of Celtics fans who want Rondo gone as well as those that repeatedly create trade-Rondo threads:

So you guys would rather trade Rondo and in fact, want to trade Rondo instead of anyone else.

I am not specifically targeting Jeff Green, but he consistently plays poor and one day decides to show up. You don't know when he will show up and if you try to get some kind of pattern, then you don't know if he will show up.

At least we know when Rondo will show up and we know for a fact that he will deliver. The guy gets a triple double when he feels like it. For some people in the league, 1 triple double is a career highlight for them and a major achievement. This guy gets triple doubles as if they are just another thing.

Forgot those two triple-doubles he had in just one week?

#DatLogic

Good job Celtics fans...

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 04:13:36 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
To tons of Celtics fans who want Rondo gone as well as those that repeatedly create trade-Rondo threads:

So you guys would rather trade Rondo and in fact, want to trade Rondo instead of anyone else.

I am not specifically targeting Jeff Green, but he consistently plays poor and one day decides to show up. You don't know when he will show up and if you try to get some kind of pattern, then you don't know if he will show up.

At least we know when Rondo will show up and we know for a fact that he will deliver. The guy gets a triple double when he feels like it. For some people in the league, 1 triple double is a career highlight for them and a major achievement. This guy gets triple doubles as if they are just another thing.

#DatLogic

Good job Celtics fans...

+1

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 06:30:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

#DatLogic

Good job Celtics fans...

You trade Rondo because he is the only one on the team that has the value to get anything good.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip