Author Topic: Raptors (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Preseason Game #1  (Read 54300 times)

Re: Raptors (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Preseason Game #1
« Reply #285 on: October 08, 2013, 01:16:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Teams are going to score a lot of points on the C's.
And the C's aren't going to score a lot of points. 

On paper this team is pretty atrocious even when Rondo returns.

« Reply #286 on: October 08, 2013, 01:41:50 PM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
I just wish AB could handle the ball and play the point, hes such an asset on D.  :-\

« Reply #287 on: October 08, 2013, 02:14:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I just wish AB could handle the ball and play the point, hes such an asset on D.  :-\

Crawford totally outplayed him on the offensive end of the game, and when they were both on the floor it was really revealing that Bradley struggled to guard DeRozan--an average size spotty shooting SG.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #288 on: October 08, 2013, 02:16:44 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Crawford totally outplayed him on the offensive end of the game, and when they were both on the floor it was really revealing that Bradley struggled to guard DeRozan--an average size spotty shooting SG.

DeRozan's one of the larger SGs in the league...

But yes, spotty.

« Reply #289 on: October 08, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think DeRozan has hurt us a lot the last few years.  I think Avery is clearly uncomfortable at PG.   I'd rather see him at SG.

I thought our guys looked tired throughout the game.  A lot of our shots fell short which is the hallmark of dead legs.

« Reply #290 on: October 08, 2013, 09:36:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

When Rondo comes back, I think this team could pull off a few surprise wins during the season but we're a mid-level lottery team as constituted.  need to move some vets for young players/picks and add a very good FA in 2015 (to add to our hopefully very talented young core -- including the stud we hope to get in the next draft) and I think the C's will be on the rise sooner than people expect.
The way I see it is that any decent team that feels like playing hard on any given night will beat this team handily.  They will steall a few wins here and there with their hustle and after the trade deadline a lot of guys on last night's roster will be playing elsewhere.
that's pretty much what I said