Author Topic: Knicks (0-0) at Celtics (0-1) Preseason Game 2 10/9  (Read 36293 times)

Re: Knicks (0-0) at Celtics (0-1) Preseason Game 2 10/9
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2013, 12:25:10 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
A'Mare's actually going to play?

I'll believe it when I see it.

BOLD PREDICTIONS:
Brandon Bass scores more points than Jeff Green.
Tim Hardaway Jr. shoots under .500 from the field and 100% from the line (after a pair of and-one baskets).
Courtney Lee ends up with more steals than 3pts made.
Andrea Bargiani grabs double-digit rebounds... because this is the preseason.

Also, thoughts to Crawford. Death in the family is always a hard thing to deal with.

A'mare Didn't play.

Jeff Green scored more points than Brandon Bass.

Tim Hardaway shot 6-10 from the field (and looked great). No And-1, unless I missed it.

Courtney Lee had no steals, and no three pointers.

Bargs grabbed three rebounds.

Ouch.

0%  Totally off.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2013, 02:39:26 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I looked back a couple pages and didn't see it mentioned, I will...

Marshon is a terrible defender, he was bad the entire time he was in there and his last defensive assignment missed cost us the game. He was so far away from Jr. the kid could have taken three shots before Brooks got to him! He says he worked extra hard on defense this summer... well his trainer needs to be fired b/c he still looks terrible. He got beat so many times that whatever he did offensively didn't matter! All the work everyone put in for that victory and the one guy EVERYONE knew would get the shot was left free. He was the hottest player on the floor, the guy who actually played when our better players were out there. Brooks just gives him a free shot. Credit to Jr. for hitting it but man was that some terrible defense! When you are that good offensively but can't get PT, it's time to work harder on what you can't do... any good defender will tell you that defense is mainly about effort, well it seems like Brooks' puts effort into NOT defending b/c I don't know how he is so bad at it. I had high hopes for him but if he can't play D any better, he doesn't deserve minutes! Even Crawford had to defend better last season for Doc to play him and I think for the most part he did, he will never be great at it but at least his effort is there. Brooks looks lazy out there, always well behind his man and then thinks b/c he is so long he can just reach out and contest the shot, looks like a case of counting on God given attributes w/o doing the work necessary to use them to their fullest potential! UGH!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2013, 03:18:02 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
i dont mind brooks  playing if we have a big lead, LOL..dude has that i am not going to pass face...lol...he does have bags of potential and can create his own shot... and he plays at his own pace its  not a bad thing but yes i have to agree with you on the defense....smh..

« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2013, 04:24:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Bass is digging a doghouse.

I want to see Green at PF, Sully at C.  Wallace at SF, Bradley at SG and Pressey at PG once in the preseason.   Green has a quickness advantage at the four.

« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2013, 04:48:17 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I looked back a couple pages and didn't see it mentioned, I will...

Marshon is a terrible defender, he was bad the entire time he was in there and his last defensive assignment missed cost us the game. He was so far away from Jr. the kid could have taken three shots before Brooks got to him! He says he worked extra hard on defense this summer... well his trainer needs to be fired b/c he still looks terrible. He got beat so many times that whatever he did offensively didn't matter! All the work everyone put in for that victory and the one guy EVERYONE knew would get the shot was left free. He was the hottest player on the floor, the guy who actually played when our better players were out there. Brooks just gives him a free shot. Credit to Jr. for hitting it but man was that some terrible defense! When you are that good offensively but can't get PT, it's time to work harder on what you can't do... any good defender will tell you that defense is mainly about effort, well it seems like Brooks' puts effort into NOT defending b/c I don't know how he is so bad at it. I had high hopes for him but if he can't play D any better, he doesn't deserve minutes! Even Crawford had to defend better last season for Doc to play him and I think for the most part he did, he will never be great at it but at least his effort is there. Brooks looks lazy out there, always well behind his man and then thinks b/c he is so long he can just reach out and contest the shot, looks like a case of counting on God given attributes w/o doing the work necessary to use them to their fullest potential! UGH!

I wonder when Shak will tell us how she feels about Marshon Brook's D? LOL Good take Shak.

« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2013, 05:50:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Brooks had a nice block or two.   But he reaches with his arms on D instead of sliding his feet.   Until he fixes this fact his D will suffer.  Stay in front of your man, Marshon, it is that simple.

« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2013, 05:52:41 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Is Courtney going to ever be able to shoot the ball again?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2013, 07:48:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Trade Bass for a ". Big Mac value meal"

« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2013, 07:51:28 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
M.Brooks doesn't look like he has improved at all since he joined the NBA three years ago. Quickly losing all hope in him becoming a useful rotation caliber player.

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2013, 08:44:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
M.Brooks doesn't look like he has improved at all since he joined the NBA three years ago. Quickly losing all hope in him becoming a useful rotation caliber player.
Nope hasn't gotten any better at team basketball.

« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2013, 08:45:39 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Yes. There's also a bizarre video of him at the other end of the court, lazily putting up a few shots while every other member of the team is surrounding Lee for the ceremony and song with his birthday cake. Add in his looking peeved that he Babb got the final shot last night, and I doubt Stevens have been impressed with his team attitude so far.

« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2013, 09:20:03 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
the question isn't if he'll shoot the ball again -- he's still doing that -- and missing.  the question is can he start making shots again.

« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2013, 12:16:11 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
the question isn't if he'll shoot the ball again -- he's still doing that -- and missing.  the question is can he start making shots again.
well yeah that's what I meant lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2013, 12:48:57 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Not a fan of Brooks or Lee in the rotation.  So far neither really brings much to the table.  Neither can shoot threes or make their own shots reliably.  Brooks is also a pretty bad defender and Lee is overrated, in my opinion. 

If we are going to be playing Avery we need to pair him up with a guard who can do something on offense.  Crawford, Pressey, even Jeff Green at SG are better options right now.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford