Author Topic: NBA 2k14?  (Read 31257 times)

Re: NBA 2k14?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Started playing the game, Assoc. Mode.

Simming the first season. Traded Bass and a pick for Asik.

Traded Jeff Green and Crash for Rudy Gay and Austin Daye.

Traded Avery Bradley to Charlotte for a pick and and McRoberts. Also Traded Marshon Brooks and Jordan Crawford to Utah for Brandon Rush and Jeremy Evans.

Did not make the Playoffs, went to the draft with three 1st rounders. Traded two of them along with KO and Asik for Aldridge. They bit. (LOL)

So this game already has us with NJ's first? Curious to know how accurate it is?

No I activated trade override and gave the picks to whoever they belong. At least up to 2015.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 09:37:50 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Why does Phil Pressey and Vitor Faverani not even look like themselves?

Anyways before the roster update, I've did some interesting changes. Traded Jeff Green, Sullinger, Brandon Bass for Matt Bonner, Kawhi Leonard, Boris Diaw.

With one first round pick and a second one I got Ricky Ledo. Traded Humphries, for Perkins and Adams with the addition of another first round pick. Picked up Terrence Williams from FA, made him my sixth man, SG/SF, and then grabbed Kendall Marshall too.

Traded Perkins for Gobert, and I think someone else.

My roster was basically Rondo, Bradley, Leonard, KO, and Steven Adams.

I don't exactly remember what I did. In the off season is where I made most of my splash. I had about 19-21 mil in cap space.

Retained Bradley/Leonard with qualifying offers. Picked up Kobe/Isiah Thomas/Michael Beasley, Anderson Varejao, and Lance Stephenson.

Traded Kobe/Bradley/Anderson Varejao after it changed into counter offer for James Harden. Traded Isiah Thomas, KO, and Courtney Lee for Larry Sanders. Michael Beasley and someone else I don't remember for Faried.

I did a few more roster changes, and made some smart trades. I also abused the FA agent pool by putting them on reserve with chemistry on. They would get mad due to not being played at all, but I didn't care. I don't remember who I picked up, but I had 3 young prospects with one and half stars. I packaged them, and someone else to grab Chandler Parsons along with Franciso Garcia who was heated so it made it an easier trade. Picked up Ish Smith, and then traded him for Kenyon Martin.

Eventually it came down to this

PG Rondo, SG Harden, SF Leonard, PF Faried, and C Sanders.

PG Marshall/T-Will
SG Ricky Ledo/T-Will
SF T-Will/Parsons
PF Parsons/Martin
C Adams/Gobert

So far on Hall of Famer, I'm 37-9. I enjoy playing games, and at times the only losses were against a re-vamped OKC/and Bobcats which surprisingly got LBJ, and John Wall lol.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:58:08 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 09:57:27 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Why does Phil Pressey and Vitor Faverani not even look like themselves?

They aren't going to have accurate faces on two undrafted players.  It takes time to make the game.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2013, 10:12:47 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
T - 2 days until my ps4 arrives...can't wait to try the next gen 2k14!

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 10:31:11 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Yeah its going to be sick! Have you ever seen the NBA Live ones? They look somewhat solid.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 10:47:25 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas

Yeah its going to be sick! Have you ever seen the NBA Live ones? They look somewhat solid.

I don't know, the preorder already killed my wallet cuz the only bundle left was the Killzone with PS plus membership. And 2k is a must have...

I practically gave up on Live since 2k came out with the myplayer mode, I was quite disappointed in 2k13's myplayer mode, my favorite was 2k11/2k12's my player mode, physics was so much better. You can NEVER block a dunk in 2k13 and players run through you. Not to mention, recovery time sucks so I end up missing rebounds

I have high hopes for 2k14 for my ps4 though

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

I don't know, the preorder already killed my wallet cuz the only bundle left was the Killzone with PS plus membership. And 2k is a must have...

I practically gave up on Live since 2k came out with the myplayer mode, I was quite disappointed in 2k13's myplayer mode, my favorite was 2k11/2k12's my player mode, physics was so much better. You can NEVER block a dunk in 2k13 and players run through you. Not to mention, recovery time sucks so I end up missing rebounds

I'm jealous man!  Enjoy.  It has tested my resolve to buy a system.

The MyPlayer this year is hopefully better.  From what I saw it has a new kind of story mode to it which looks really goofy but honestly I could see it being hilarious.  It looks like an extension of how they handle the post game press conference stuff which to me has always been so bizarre (in how the responses are written and delivered) that I have loved it.

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 02:52:56 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
So I caved and bought it, here's my thoughts:

The improvements remind me of the year that Kobe was on the cover (when they stopped letting you just huck the ball from side to side) in that the 'fluidity' improvements might sound subtle, but they're actually pretty big upgrades to gameplay.

Not getting 'stuck' after a physical contact make guys like Josh Smith and Dwight Howard more effective. This year on a break if J-Smoothe gets the ball in transition and a smaller guys in the way, he more or less powers his way to the basket. In year's past, you'd get that awkward animation when he gets hit further from the basket and obviously doesn't hit the shot. Same with Howard: His post moves, realistically, aren't all that good - but you can definitely use his size and speed on the block to get him easy hoops.

Another positive I noticed is that 3's seem to be a lot less easy. I couldn't do that old trick where you just push the ball up with the pg and hit a wing at the elbow. Even good three point shooters need to be closer to the line, and generally more in rhythm. Feels like they made a conscious effort to have a more balanced approach to offense. 

There are a few things I hate: It might be one of those things where it just takes time, but I freaking hate the new post system controls. In my first game it legit took me like 15 attempts to get either Drummond or Monroe to take a shot attempt. And  even after I did, it wasn't very pretty. I liked 2k13's post system a lot: Thought it was easy enough, while allowing creativity. So far, this one just stinks.

Also, they changed the pick and roll button to the 'b' button on 360 (i'm sure it'll be circle for ps3) which might seem minor, but to me it's super obnoxious. Holding the LB and operating pick system always felt fluid, this is really awkward (and I don't htink just because it's 'new', more to do with what your fingers have to do).
The pick and roll button used to be B.  The one with KG, 2K9?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 03:22:21 PM »

fitzhickey

The MyPlayer this year is hopefully better.  From what I saw it has a new kind of story mode to it which looks really goofy but honestly I could see it being hilarious.  It looks like an extension of how they handle the post game press conference stuff which to me has always been so bizarre (in how the responses are written and delivered) that I have loved it.
MyGm looks pretty darn cool too IMO. whole next gen game looks amazing

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

MyGm??? Do elaborate :D, sounds awesome, how is it?

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2013, 04:18:16 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
By the way, if any of you get the next gen version, if you could let me know if all the classic players and teams are carried over I would really appreciate it.  I know some are but I'm hoping all the ones from last years game are still there.

Yeah, MyGM is top notch.  It's the deepest franchise mode I've seen, even deeper than Madden used to be.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

MyGm??? Do elaborate :D, sounds awesome, how is it?

It looks like franchise mode and an owner mode all rolled into one.  It has those crazy features Madden used to have like setting concession stand prices.  And then it has some kind of dialogue system to talk with players and stuff that looks kind of like an RPG.

Check this video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQmstfz2vn0

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 11:13:33 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
so, 2k14...I really like how they upgraded the myplayer mode overall this year. The graphics are amazing on the ps4. Everything looks realistic, including my own player!! Though I was disappointed you don't have much options on the ps4 to customize your player. There's only like 3 heads you can really choose that looks like an Asian. One looks like an Asian gangster, the other two just looks retarded

As for the gameplay...love the physics of the game and how realistic it is this time. Everything is easier to upgrade, started as a 65 player and now I'm 71...and that's just the span of 10 games.

I was drafted by the Pistons at 8 even though I want to be with the Celtics and I have yet to request a trade (for some odd reason I cannot request yet). Surprise surprise!, Josh Smith is my mentor and best friend and Chauncy Billups is the bully.

I got into a fight with him at practice where the coach had to step in...thought this was pretty cool. 2k really went out of their way to make this as realistic as possible and you have full control of your character's personality and fate in the league. I don't know why, but I am always p---ed off in the league. Constantly starting trouble with everyone haha

Best thing was, I dropped 44 pts and 12 rebounds on Lebron

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Wait wait wait wait.

So in 2k14, only in next-gen consoles, there's a mentor thing?

And not on the 360 or PS3?

Oh that is a load of bull crap right there. Hol-ly crap.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
Wait wait wait wait.

So in 2k14, only in next-gen consoles, there's a mentor thing?

And not on the 360 or PS3?

Oh that is a load of bull crap right there. Hol-ly crap.

well it's not really a mentoring thing...one game I was 2-8 from the free throw line and Josh Smith (yes I know, of all people), came to me and helped me work on my free throws...then I had an off night shooting, he also worked with me on that...

Chauncy Billups on the other hand did nothing but trying to ruin my career. Had me party with the team and was late for practice (the coach yelled at me and cut my minutes because of that), made me carry his luggage and started a fight in practice...

overall, the myplayer mode was AWESOME lol

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Ok, I laughed

(Warning: NSFW audio)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5okb9Vc8SY

It's like having Joey Crawford in your living room!  Truly we are living in wondrous times.