Author Topic: Sactown trade idea for DeMarcus Cousins  (Read 5550 times)

Re: Sactown trade idea for DeMarcus Cousins
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 10:35:16 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
you know...The DMC trade ideas have always been fascinating to me.  There's a large population of Celtics fans that HATE the idea of trading young talent (Sully/KO/etc) for a "troubled" young Star (Cousins).  But I'm in the minority here.  I like the idea of making a move like this.  Sure, it's risky....But if there wasn't risk involved there would be a -10% chance of Sacto even considering moving DMC.  For all we know, they AREN'T considering moving him despite his issues. 

Think of it this way.  DMC has the size, ability and talent to be THE MOST DOMINATE CENTER IN BASKETBALL!!!  The environment he's been in over in Sacto has been toxic!  a revolving door of coaches, systems, teammates and even front office execs.  There's been ZERO consistency in that organization.  And for young player like DMC who clearly needs mentoring and guidance, that's a horrible combination.  In my opinion, if DMC ever got the opportunity to start fresh via trade in an organization like Boston, Dallas, LA, etc I'm confident we'd not only see a well behaved DMC, but a DOMINATE DMC. 

These are the type of risks that great GM's make.  The upside outweighs the risk.  If he starts causing trouble he's still a young, dominate Center with trade value.  Ainge could swing him elsewhere.  Organizations are always willing to give these guys opportunities.  There's always at least a few GM's who think they can "save" players.  So at the end of the day it's really not even that risky.

I can see the ads now.  RUN DMC (Rondo/Cousins/Green, etc)   

I would do this trade in a heartbeat.

I'm with you!!!

Run baby run!   
Diggles

Re: Sactown trade idea for DeMarcus Cousins
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 11:54:31 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
you know...The DMC trade ideas have always been fascinating to me.  There's a large population of Celtics fans that HATE the idea of trading young talent (Sully/KO/etc) for a "troubled" young Star (Cousins).  But I'm in the minority here.  I like the idea of making a move like this.  Sure, it's risky....But if there wasn't risk involved there would be a -10% chance of Sacto even considering moving DMC.  For all we know, they AREN'T considering moving him despite his issues. 

Think of it this way.  DMC has the size, ability and talent to be THE MOST DOMINATE CENTER IN BASKETBALL!!!  The environment he's been in over in Sacto has been toxic!  a revolving door of coaches, systems, teammates and even front office execs.  There's been ZERO consistency in that organization.  And for young player like DMC who clearly needs mentoring and guidance, that's a horrible combination.  In my opinion, if DMC ever got the opportunity to start fresh via trade in an organization like Boston, Dallas, LA, etc I'm confident we'd not only see a well behaved DMC, but a DOMINATE DMC. 

These are the type of risks that great GM's make.  The upside outweighs the risk.  If he starts causing trouble he's still a young, dominate Center with trade value.  Ainge could swing him elsewhere.  Organizations are always willing to give these guys opportunities.  There's always at least a few GM's who think they can "save" players.  So at the end of the day it's really not even that risky.

I can see the ads now.  RUN DMC (Rondo/Cousins/Green, etc)   

I would do this trade in a heartbeat.

I'm with you!!!

Run baby run!

I 3rd that - I remember a few games where he went up against Dwight - stopping Alley-oops, and just being very physical with him. Can kind of shoot the ball but I'm not worried about that as much. He can rebound the ball and do all the little things.

I definitely want him on my team. A core of Rondo/Green/DMC could be a great core to build around