Author Topic: How many championships would Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and KG win if..?  (Read 10011 times)

Re: How many championships would Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and KG win if..?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 03:26:05 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
If Pierce, KG and Ray got together as young as Bird, McHale and Parish did and assuming relative health over a 10 year period like they all had in their careers?

Five to six rings on the low side.
Maybe 7-8 rings on the high side.

LeBron, Wade and Bosh could "barely" handle a completely banged up Celtics team with those three guys in their mid 30's.

KG's intensity would have made Pierce's maturity arc develop in warp speed.

It would have been crushing defeats in my opinion, similar to the Celtics dominance of the Lakers in Bill Russell days.       

This is also why if you think Rondo is special and he just needs another 1-2 two true superstars around him for us to win again, you have to move heaven and earth to get them ASAP, fill in the pieces afterwards...

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Make Rondo and Perk three years younger. Trade Antione Walker for KG, trade Delonte West and Sczerbiak for Ray Allen three years earlier. Keep Tony Allen, Posey, Eddie House, Acquire the Shaqmiester five years sooner. YOUZERS we win four to six titles. Perhaps the Lakers get one or two and Lequit tries to team up with Kevin Durant, Westbrook, and Jeff Green in Seattle (not Oklahoma) and still loses to the Celtics under my watchful eye  ;)
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 08:49:01 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Prime KG + Prime Pierce would have been a perennial contender in this era and the previous one. But prime KG, PP and RA would have been a sure dynasty.
- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 10:18:01 PM »

fitzhickey

Prime KG + Prime Ray + Prime Pierce + Prime Rondo + Prime Perk > Heat

I don't think it's all that close.  The only question would be whether all of those guys would be willing to sacrifice touches for the greater good of the team.  I think they would have.

Yeah.  Man, those guys were freaking _goooood_ in their primes!

That would have been just ridiculous.

speaking of fantasies

how about

Prime Rondo + Prime Ray Allen + Prime Pierce + Prime KG + Prime Shaq - now that will be a dynasty
Imagine trying to drive on that team  :o
That's a good 7-8 championships

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 10:22:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I don't think it's all that close.  The only question would be whether all of those guys would be willing to sacrifice touches for the greater good of the team.  I think they would have.

Yeah.  Man, those guys were freaking _goooood_ in their primes!

That would have been just ridiculous.

speaking of fantasies

how about

Prime Rondo + Prime Ray Allen + Prime Pierce + Prime KG + Prime Shaq - now that will be a dynasty
Imagine trying to drive on that team  :o
That's a good 7-8 championships

Gimme some prime Michael Finley

You can keep the prime Starbury
Yup

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 08:44:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yeah but if you are going primes, you would also have to have the primes of the Heat and that starts to get a lot closer.  Wade during the Shaq title run was a much better player than he is today.  James, Bosh, and Chalmers are similar, but the real kicker is if you start adding the prime years for guys like Rashard Lewis, Haslem, Battier, etc.  All of a sudden the Heat are a juggernaut.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 09:14:51 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Yeah but if you are going primes, you would also have to have the primes of the Heat and that starts to get a lot closer.  Wade during the Shaq title run was a much better player than he is today.  James, Bosh, and Chalmers are similar, but the real kicker is if you start adding the prime years for guys like Rashard Lewis, Haslem, Battier, etc.  All of a sudden the Heat are a juggernaut.

It's still not that close, Wade (or James) would still be much less effective without the ball in his hands. Making Wade somewhat better doesn't negate the fact that they don't complement each other very well.

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 09:16:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
What bench are we giving the C's? PJ Brown and Cassell were the real deal in their primes too. PJ would be starting I'd imagine, maybe Cassell too.

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 09:18:43 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Prime Shaq himself could destroy almost every team out there. Add that to our prime big 3, and not even the Heat could take us (even if all their players are in their prime).

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 12:15:08 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
For me the Heat are overrated. They are beating teams to get out of the East and to get rings that are either:

A) Old and at the end of their runs (Boston, San Antonio)
or
B) Young and inexperienced (OKC)

The last team they played that was somewhat in their prime still, was Dallas -to whom they lost.

Forget about KG, Pierce and Ray in their prime. The '08 team that crushed the Lakers, would absolutely maul Miami these last two years.

KG: already 31 / 32
Ray: already 30/31
Pierce: already 29 / 30

Whatever their ages were, they were not all still considered in their prime - they were just past it, and all had a tone of mileage on them, as well, for their ages.     

The you have a young Center in Perkins and a very inexperienced point guard in Rondo.

This year and last year, Boston beats Miami 4-1, 4-2...both years.

Miami could barely get past Boston the last two years when KG, Pierce and Ray were all 34, 35+ and our team each year was already beat to crap.

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
Pierce in his prime, every bit as dangerous as LeBron, in his own way, mostly because he is so clutch. LeBron even said Pierce was his toughest rival. In his prime, Pierce had the foot speed to largely stay in front of LeBron and he's always had the muscle and toughness to deal with him.

KG in his prime versus Bosh? Is that a real question. KG's intensity and a still young motor would have Bosh crying in a corner. Absolute beat down every game.

Ray would run wade "ragged". Ragged...

I say if Pierce, KG and Ray got together in their prime - 24-32, and had relative health, which they all did. 6-8 rings and mentioned as one of the great all time dynasties.

Not only were they all "that good' at their positions. In their own ways, they were all "incredibly clutch" in their own ways; Pierce as a flat out scorer when needed it, Ray as a long ball shooter and KG defensively, as well as offensively at times as well. But KG has always been incredibly clutch on D.