Author Topic: Is it me or this team is more enjoyable that last years'?  (Read 4366 times)

Re: Is it me or this team is more enjoyable that last years'?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 10:54:47 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Our team is trying for and getting more offensive rebounds, which is more exciting than them running back to stop the break (not nearly as enjoyable because if it works than you're just watching nothing happen).

A great point too.  Watching offensive rebounds is way more fun than not.  And of course Doc's style slows down the game like you say.

It helps that Olynyk, Sullinger, and Bass are good offensive rebounders.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
no its not you.

You actually have players playing the ball does not stop. There is ball movement. You do not have a coach that relies heavily on over the hill vets, and doing his best to play them to death.

Remember when we would never play our young players, and the other team would come in and get young players burn and toast us? Yeah, we are doing that to teams now.

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 11:30:07 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
They are to a degree because they have a coach that cares about developing a team and not giving minutes to players.  We have a real coach not just a figurehead.  While I enjoyed watching last years team, Doc stupid predictalbe coaching was frustrating to watch.

agreed.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 12:08:21 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Watching a team over-achieve is a lot more fun than watching a team under-achieve.

There is also something to be said for expectations relieving the stress of watching the game. We don't expect anything from this team, so we are just watching a basketball game and enjoying the natural development of young players.

Also... Doc Rivers system was a snooze fest, and when it wasn't winning us titles. It was very hard to watch.

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 12:12:48 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
You're high.  I like watching good basketball players.  This team doesn't have more than a couple.   

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
watching a young overachieving team with potential is often more fun than watching an old underachieving team on their last legs.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 03:36:28 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 01:11:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Docs. System was easy......put the most experienced players you have on the court  as much as possible .....stand back.....get out of the way and let them do,their thing.

Doc was a manager of personalities in the locker room and off the court ........Doc was a fancy baby sitter for egos , like Phil Jackson....... Somebody good  at double talk  To,the press,  the rookies , the public........

Doc is a politican first ......snake oil salesman ......and a part time coach.

Good riddance Doc Rivers .