Author Topic: AB could possibly miss start of training camp  (Read 6048 times)

Re: AB could possibly miss start of training camp
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »

Offline celticdog

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 28
This kid has a lot on his plate. His mom just passed and he has a baby due any day (he'll be a first time dad). Plus add the fact that he could possibly be a restricted free agent. This season may be very tough for him.

"He's going through a very difficult time," Ainge told CSNNE.com. "His mother passed away and they were very close and he's expecting a baby any day. He's got a lot going on."

Asked if Bradley might miss the start of training camp, Ainge said, "I don't know. We're just taking it day-by-day right now."

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/09/avery_bradley_going_through_a.html#incart_river_default
Its called LIFE...deal with it..no one said life would be easy..Im not being mean but we all lost loved ones and had to keep on living

A good employer will give an employee some time off after a personal loss.  I hope AB gets the time he needs and then gets into the season right.

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 08:48:21 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
This kid has a lot on his plate. His mom just passed and he has a baby due any day (he'll be a first time dad). Plus add the fact that he could possibly be a restricted free agent. This season may be very tough for him.

"He's going through a very difficult time," Ainge told CSNNE.com. "His mother passed away and they were very close and he's expecting a baby any day. He's got a lot going on."

Asked if Bradley might miss the start of training camp, Ainge said, "I don't know. We're just taking it day-by-day right now."

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/09/avery_bradley_going_through_a.html#incart_river_default
Its called LIFE...deal with it..no one said life would be easy..Im not being mean but we all lost loved ones and had to keep on living

A good employer will give an employee some time off after a personal loss.  I hope AB gets the time he needs and then gets into the season right.

exactly - training camp haven't even started yet, why are you so critical of Bradley? His mom just passed away and his gf/wife is giving birth very soon. Any employer will and WOULD give him time off to deal with his problems. Bradley is a strong kid. I believe he'll bounce back

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 06:52:09 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Any employer will and WOULD give him time off to deal with his problems.

Many employers wouldn't if not required by law.  Some employers fight strongly against proposed laws that guarantee some sort of bereavement leave.  There's probably something in the CBA covering this that was negotiated by the players' union.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 07:53:03 AM »

Offline celticdog

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 28

Many employers wouldn't if not required by law.  Some employers fight strongly against proposed laws that guarantee some sort of bereavement leave.  There's probably something in the CBA covering this that was negotiated by the players' union.

I think the Celts org are classy enough to recognize the situation and do the right thing despite what the CBA may or may not say.  I'm just hoping though.  But youre right, most employers would probably behave the way that you described.

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 08:02:29 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

At my state job we get three days off for the loss of immediate family.

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:58 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

Here's the full quote of what Ainge said

I think I speak for everyone when I say "Avery, please take all the time you and your family needs right now.  The basketball will be here when you need it."