Author Topic: Stephen Jackson- Who will pick him up. Why not us?  (Read 8178 times)

Re: Stephen Jackson- Who will pick him up. Why not us?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 11:32:45 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
We do need to have a veteran at every spot, but we already have them in Lee and Bogans, plus Green and Wallace.  Jackson wouldn't add much more than any of those at this point in his career.

And he's not exactly a pro role model for the other guys, either.

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Jackson would be a solid deep rotation player on a winner, but a team rebuilding has no room for a guy like him.

Jackson is probably most useful to a team with stupid fans who have a veteran fetish, so that they can sell more tickets to idiots who can be fooled into thinking their bad team isn't actually bad because "Hey, I know that guy!"
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Jackson would be a solid deep rotation player on a winner, but a team rebuilding has no room for a guy like him.

Jackson is probably most useful to a team with stupid fans who have a veteran fetish, so that they can sell more tickets to idiots who can be fooled into thinking their bad team isn't actually bad because "Hey, I know that guy!"

Dominique Wilkins in green?  Finals here we come!!

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 11:48:41 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Bucks?

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 11:55:28 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I say sign Jackson and let him split point guard duties with Jordan Crawford 50/50. That should assure the Cs of a top 3 pick.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 02:11:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I say sign Jackson and let him split point guard duties with Jordan Crawford 50/50. That should assure the Cs of a top 3 pick.

Mk

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 03:09:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZOCg_Kdvm0

"one thing led to another, my hands ended up around his neck"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 04:30:33 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Yeah, not to seem like the constant Stephen Jackson defender, But I can certainly understand getting upset and wanting to choke a dude out if he was constantly trying to press his penis to the back of my head. I'm with hin on this one.  :)