Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 9323 times)

Re: Grand Theft Auto V
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm going to wait, I have a large backlog of games and honestly prices fall so quick best to just wait for a 40% or more markdown.

Yeah, this is the model for me.  On a related note, Mass Effect 3 is pretty fun (yes I already know about the ending). 

Not sure if I'll ever pick this one up, though - I haven't beaten a GTA since the first one.  And not the first GTA 3, the actual original.  Just such a huge time investment for one game that I get sidetracked sooner or later.
Yeah unless its multi-player getting it at full price isn't worth it, too many games I never finish or have yet to even really dig into.

I just finally bought Bioshock Infinite.

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 09:44:06 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'm going to wait, I have a large backlog of games and honestly prices fall so quick best to just wait for a 40% or more markdown.

Yeah, this is the model for me.  On a related note, Mass Effect 3 is pretty fun (yes I already know about the ending). 

Not sure if I'll ever pick this one up, though - I haven't beaten a GTA since the first one.  And not the first GTA 3, the actual original.  Just such a huge time investment for one game that I get sidetracked sooner or later.
Yeah unless its multi-player getting it at full price isn't worth it, too many games I never finish or have yet to even really dig into.

Any diamonds in the rough I've horribly missed out on?

I keep meaning to play Alan Wake, and never do.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 01:11:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Any diamonds in the rough I've horribly missed out on?

I keep meaning to play Alan Wake, and never do.

Cookie Clicker

What you do is you click the cookie, y'see, and then you get helpers who make more cookies, which helps you get better helpers to make more cookies to get even better cookie makers...long story short, the next thing you know you've fused the world's grandmas into a ruthlessly efficient cookie-making hivemind.  Then it gets weird.

Xbox option - go download Bastion for like 5 bucks.

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 01:24:58 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Bioshock Infinite is the BEST

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 02:26:11 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
The budget for Grand Theft Auto V is the highest of any video game, it has been revealed ahead of the keenly-awaited title’s release next week.

It is also is more than any movie bar Pirates of the Caribbean 3, with the game expected to make $1.57 billion in just one year.

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. ?!??!?!?!?!?!

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 02:45:10 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Bioshock Infinite is the BEST
I am a little past half way through. I was going to wait to buy, but when I heard that the DLC would be separate stories, I decided to buy it during the Steam summer sale. I love the entire Bioshock series.

Multiplayer doesn't add much value for me because it is so repetitive. I feel like multiplayer games are a dime a dozen, unlike games with great narratives, like the Bioshock games, and great open worlds, like Fallout or Elder Scrolls games.

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I am playing it right now...

Time to disappear from existence for a week!  ;D
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
One billion in a day, thats insane. I just wish the online wouldn't crash every time I started it up  :'(