Poll

Which CB Draft teamdo you think has the best future and deserves the Team of the Future Award

Boston
2 (11.1%)
Philadelphia
2 (11.1%)
Brooklyn
1 (5.6%)
Chicago
1 (5.6%)
Detroit
10 (55.6%)
Milwaukee
0 (0%)
Orlando
0 (0%)
Washington
1 (5.6%)
San Antonio
0 (0%)
Memphis
0 (0%)
Houston
0 (0%)
Los Angeles Lakers
0 (0%)
Los Angeles Clippers
1 (5.6%)
Phoenix
0 (0%)
Portland
0 (0%)
Denver
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: September 15, 2013, 12:47:34 PM

Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: Team of the Future Poll  (Read 32857 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: Team of the Future Poll
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 08:59:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
What's not to like about Boston? 1 top tier prospect, 2 second tier prospects (Hayward, Jonas), promising young bench players (Isaiah Thomas, Patrick Beverley, Fournier, Bazemore, Terrance Jones)

Sleeping on Boston...AGAIN!

Detroit has two top tier prospects, two second tier prospects and a boatload of other tier three prospects.

Two first tier (if you buy Drummond whole), 1 second tier, 2 third tier. Hayward/Jonas=Beal>Bledsoe/Waiters

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
What's not to like about Boston? 1 top tier prospect, 2 second tier prospects (Hayward, Jonas), promising young bench players (Isaiah Thomas, Patrick Beverley, Fournier, Bazemore, Terrance Jones)

no one is saying they don't like Boston. they just like Detroit more, which I agree with

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 09:04:24 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think Boston is the best constructed of the three serious TOTF teams (along with Philly and Detroit).  They've got the best complementary pieces, in my mind.

But, outside of Irving, the upside is a little bit lower, I think.

Interesting that you didn't include Gallo in your analysis, IP.  He's only 25 y.o.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
What was the criteria to be eligible. Not saying the Knicks should be a front runner by any means. but a line up consisting of Rubio, Green, Sanders,Lopez and Derrick Williams has no mention? Strange.

With that being said I think it has to be Detroit.
If your team made it to a conference semi-final then your team was ineligible.

Gotcha. Thanks!

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Detroit has two top tier prospects, two second tier prospects and a boatload of other tier three prospects.

Two first tier (if you buy Drummond whole), 1 second tier, 2 third tier. Hayward/Jonas=Beal>Bledsoe/Waiters

I was including Burke as a tier 2 prospect,  I think his ceiling is all star Devin Harris, but consistently that level. And even if you didn't buy Drummond whole his ceiling as a player would be hyper athletic Mutumbo.

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 12:12:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I was including Burke as a tier 2 prospect,  I think his ceiling is all star Devin Harris, but consistently that level. And even if you didn't buy Drummond whole his ceiling as a player would be hyper athletic Mutumbo.

You're including Burke as tier 2?

Let's do it like this

Tier 1: MVP Caliber player
Tier 2: Perennial All-Star Caliber Player
Tier 3: Fringe 1 or 2 time all-star, above average long-term starter
Tier 4: Average starter, elite role player

Boston's got 1 top tier guy (Irving) and the best prospect of the bunch, Detroit's got 1 top tier guy (Davis)

Detroit's got probably the only tier 2 guy as well (Drummond).

Boston then has 3 tier 3 guys in Hayward, Valanciunas, Gallinari. Honestly, I think Hayward or especially Valanciunas have a really good shot at tier 2, but I get that not everybody is on board with that. Detroit has 1 for sure tier 3 guy in Beal. I'm not high on Bledsoe, but I could see why you'd put him in tier 3.

Tier 4 guys: Isaiah Thomas for sure. I dunno. I'm high on Beverley, Fournier, Thomas, and Jones, but I picked them, so....

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 12:20:07 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Let's do it like this

I still have Drummond in tier 1, even with this ranking and so that automatically puts Detroit in a  class above Detroit. As for tier 3,  Burke, Waitors, Bledsoe, Beal all belong in that category, and if you can make the Hayward argument for tier 2 then the Beal argument can be made also.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 01:52:13 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Hopefully this doesn't matter, but I actually just clicked on the wrong team accidentally.  Meant to vote for Detroit.  Stupid me.

IMHO, Detroit should win this in a land slide.

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 01:57:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hopefully this doesn't matter, but I actually just clicked on the wrong team accidentally.  Meant to vote for Detroit.  Stupid me.

You just made that Chicago vote right?

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 02:04:40 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Let's do it like this

I still have Drummond in tier 1, even with this ranking and so that automatically puts Detroit in a  class above Detroit. As for tier 3,  Burke, Waitors, Bledsoe, Beal all belong in that category, and if you can make the Hayward argument for tier 2 then the Beal argument can be made also.

I'm really disappointed that you took my Joss Whedon comment to heart like this. I know you can hide behind 'opinion' and 'uncertainty regarding young players' and 'a genuine love for Andre Drummond nobody really understands', but we all can see this for what it is; a thinly veiled personal attack because I made fun of Joss Whedon.

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 02:09:25 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yes

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 02:13:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yes
Okay I will take that into consideration when I announce a winner