Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 Draft  (Read 66002 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 Draft
« Reply #210 on: September 21, 2013, 04:13:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
How about Mk trades Noel for Oladipo and that's the end of the story?

I think that's probably the fairest way to do it. 

Or, since it was the Commissioner's oversight*, I also think it would be fair to assign LB17 Oladipo, and then give him a compensatory pick next year (maybe 11th overall or something, with the pick not being tradeable).

Redoing the draft just seems unfair to all the GMs who built draft strategies and made other moves based upon how the draft actually went down.

* In fairness to Lucky, I'm not sure that sending a one person list four months before the draft is due diligence by LB17.  Certainly, it's not enough to overturn the entire draft order.

I agree with Roy here. If Mk and LB17 are good with swapping Noel and Oladipo, then that should be it, otherwise a compensatory pick to LB17 next year sounds like a good fix, and leave the draft selections for this year as is.

With all the PMs for draft lists and traded picks that Lucky gets this time of the year, I'm actually impressed that this was the only oversight to date.

A compensatory pick, depending on what it is, would work in my case to. Perhaps, we can work this out without messing up the entire draft. I will wait for Lucky's opinion.

Mk

After thinking about this some more, I believe compensatory picks should be a last resort to stopping a full blown redraft. The 2014 draft is special, so pushing off an issue this year to next isn't the best option. If it does come down to a pick, IMO it should be #13, between the lotto teams and the playoff teams. It should also be intelligible for the lottery and not tradable until the offseason.

Here are my suggestion as to fixing this in order of best to worst.

1. Keep the draft as-is and LB17 & I work out a trade, VO for Noel or a bigger deal.
2. Do the redraft 1-7, but someone and I workout a deal for Porter(or Len depending on BDubs$.
3. Comp pick to LB17 or me.
4. Draft amegedon.

Any other ideas?

Also, what is the best way to reach LB17. I never hear back on my PMs.

Mk

This may be fair to LB17 and MK - but now I get screwed out of Oladipo at #4, No?  I also made a lot of trades to get a high pick and prefer Oladipo.  I still think the way Lucky proposed to handle it is the best way.  Mk will have his choice of anyone else on the board where his pick is.

I understand that he wanted Noel, but the fact is that if everything went as it should have, noel would not be available at his pick and Oladipo would be available at mine.

I don't think your argument is valid. You're not "getting screwed out of Oladipo" at #4 because you never had him to begin with and you didn't show up for the draft or give Lucky a list of players. I think Mk and LB17 working it out between themselves is the fairest and most sensible solution.

« Reply #211 on: September 21, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Yea you didn't get screwed out of VO at #4, you were an auto pick. If you were pick#2 and then didn't get VO you might have a case.

But to trade up and not show up our give a list doesn't help your case.

But the father we let the pick changes go the more unhappy people we will have.

« Reply #212 on: September 21, 2013, 04:20:44 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
If Mk and LB17 are okay with it, they could just trade Noel for VO.

I'd suggested this yesterday and I see others feel the same way. I agree that LB17 and Mk should be given a chance to work this out among themselves instead of a do over.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281

Or, since it was the Commissioner's oversight*, I also think it would be fair to assign LB17 Oladipo, and then give him a compensatory pick next year (maybe 11th overall or something, with the pick not being tradeable).

Redoing the draft just seems unfair to all the GMs who built draft strategies and made other moves based upon how the draft actually went down.

* In fairness to Lucky, I'm not sure that sending a one person list four months before the draft is due diligence by LB17.  Certainly, it's not enough to overturn the entire draft order.

I agree with Roy here. If Mk and LB17 are good with swapping Noel and Oladipo, then that should be it, otherwise a compensatory pick to LB17 next year sounds like a good fix, and leave the draft selections for this year as is.

With all the PMs for draft lists and traded picks that Lucky gets this time of the year, I'm actually impressed that this was the only oversight to date.

A compensatory pick, depending on what it is, would work in my case to. Perhaps, we can work this out without messing up the entire draft. I will wait for Lucky's opinion.

Mk

After thinking about this some more, I believe compensatory picks should be a last resort to stopping a full blown redraft. The 2014 draft is special, so pushing off an issue this year to next isn't the best option. If it does come down to a pick, IMO it should be #13, between the lotto teams and the playoff teams. It should also be intelligible for the lottery and not tradable until the offseason.

1. Keep the draft as-is and LB17 & I work out a trade, VO for Noel or a bigger deal.
2. Do the redraft 1-7, but someone and I workout a deal for Porter(or Len depending on BDubs$.
4. Draft amegedon.

Any other ideas?

Mk

This may be fair to LB17 and MK - but now I get screwed out of Oladipo at #4, No?  I also made a lot of trades to get a high pick and prefer Oladipo.  I still think the way Lucky proposed to handle it is the best way.  Mk will have his choice of anyone else on the board where his pick is.

I understand that he wanted Noel, but the fact is that if everything went as it should have, noel would not be available at his pick and Oladipo would be available at mine.

I don't think your argument is valid. You're not "getting screwed out of Oladipo" at #4 because you never had him to begin with and you didn't show up for the draft or give Lucky a list of players. I think Mk and LB17 working it out between themselves is the fairest and most sensible solution.

Actually, it wasn't that I didn't show up - I got a very important phone call right at draft time.  Another reason why I think it is a bit crazy to have this is middle of the day.  ...and... #1 - even if I didn't show up, I would have still had VO at #4 as best available and #2 - If I was at the draft at time of my pick, I would have picked him  #3 - I have been one of the most active GM's in this league since day 1 - there is no need to call me out for "not showing up" - my apologies, I was on the phone with Steve Stevens (guitar player for Billy Idol) at the time. 

The bottom line is that if Noel was picked in the correct spot - I would have gotten VO.  So, yes, I did get "screwed" out of getting him.  I think the fairest and most sensible thing is to do a complete re-draft at this point.  No matter how it is handled, someone isn't going to be happy.  At least if we re-draft, it is basically a clean slate. 

I also propose that we do a "live" draft at a reasonable hour next year on chat or something.  9PM EST should allow everyone to "show up"
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2013, 04:46:29 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Update: seems like LB17 is fine standing pat with Oladipo.

He may or may not work something out with MK to acquire Noel. Regardless, it seems that we can let the draft results stand as is.

Thanks to all for your patience, responsiveness, and willingness to work something out. Apologies for the mixup.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #215 on: September 21, 2013, 04:56:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Mk

4. Draft amegedon.

Any other ideas?

Mk

Actually, it wasn't that I didn't show up - I got a very important phone call right at draft time.  Another reason why I think it is a bit crazy to have this is middle of the day.  ...and... #1 - even if I didn't show up, I would have still had VO at #4 as best available and #2 - If I was at the draft at time of my pick, I would have picked him  #3 - I have been one of the most active GM's in this league since day 1 - there is no need to call me out for "not showing up" - my apologies, I was on the phone with Steve Stevens (guitar player for Billy Idol) at the time. 

The bottom line is that if Noel was picked in the correct spot - I would have gotten VO.  So, yes, I did get "screwed" out of getting him.  I think the fairest and most sensible thing is to do a complete re-draft at this point.  No matter how it is handled, someone isn't going to be happy.  At least if we re-draft, it is basically a clean slate. 

I also propose that we do a "live" draft at a reasonable hour next year on chat or something.  9PM EST should allow everyone to "show up"

I apologize if my post seemed offensive in any way, it wasn't meant to be. We all have real lives and important jobs and can't be there for the fantasy leagues sometimes. I know you are a very active and great GM here, but it doesn't change the fact that you didn't give Lucky a list and then missed your pick. Re-drafting is in no way the most sensible solution. Seems like LB17 and Mk are fine with things now, and so is Lucky, so all is good imo.

I missed out on picks and deals and waiver wire pickups for work reasons before, but heck, that's life, and I will chose work over fantasy leagues every time, and am fine with the consequences.

That's why I also am fine with Lucky chosing times for the drafts that work for him. As commish, he has to be around for a 5 hour block, which is hard, so he should have final say when it takes place.

« Reply #216 on: September 21, 2013, 05:00:26 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton

Mk

4. Draft amegedon.

Any other ideas?

Mk

I apologize if my post seemed offensive in any way, it wasn't meant to be. We all have real lives and important jobs and can't be there for the fantasy leagues sometimes. I know you are a very active and great GM here, but it doesn't change the fact that you didn't give Lucky a list and then missed your pick. Re-drafting is in no way the most sensible solution. Seems like LB17 and Mk are fine with things now, and so is Lucky, so all is good imo.

I missed out on picks and deals and waiver wire pickups for work reasons before, but heck, that's life, and I will chose work over fantasy leagues every time, and am fine with the consequences.

Agreed.  I didn't have any intentions of missing my pick - which is why I didn't submit a list.  Sorry for getting a little too worked up - hope we are cool going forward, Harry.  We have always had good dealings.  Truthfully, I am a huge **** ball of stress right now and I just went a little nuts with all this. 

Glad to hear LB17 is keeping VO - a VERY good choice IMHO.  All is good in FantasyLand :-)

« Reply #217 on: September 21, 2013, 05:04:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Mk

4. Draft amegedon.

Any other ideas?

Mk

Agreed.  I didn't have any intentions of missing my pick - which is why I didn't submit a list.  Sorry for getting a little too worked up - hope we are cool going forward, Harry.  We have always had good dealings.  Truthfully, I am a huge **** ball of stress right now and I just went a little nuts with all this. 

Glad to hear LB17 is keeping VO - a VERY good choice IMHO.  All is good in FantasyLand :-)

no worries, I got a lot of respect for you and enjoy dealing with you. You gotta do what you gotta do when it comes to work. This place and the fantasy leagues should be where we come to have fun and unwind! Sorry to hear you got so much going on right now, I hope you get some unwinding time soon :)

« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton

Mk

4. Draft amegedon.

Any other ideas?

Mk

no worries, I got a lot of respect for you and enjoy dealing with you. You gotta do what you gotta do when it comes to work. This place and the fantasy leagues should be where we come to have fun and unwind! Sorry to hear you got so much going on right now, I hope you get some unwinding time soon :)

You and me both!  Business, Family, Moving, Family Health Issues...it never ends.  Foot ball tomorrow, though, so I will have at least a couple hours and a couple beers to relax then.  :-)

« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2013, 06:00:33 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Mk

4. Draft amegedon.

Any other ideas?

Mk

You and me both!  Business, Family, Moving, Family Health Issues...it never ends.  Foot ball tomorrow, though, so I will have at least a couple hours and a couple beers to relax then.  :-)

I have nothing to add. I just wanted to nest this discussion one more time.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #220 on: September 22, 2013, 06:44:17 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Now back to business, I still like to do a 2 for 1 deal..with me sending 2 players out..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2013, 02:09:46 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Robin lopez
Amir Johnson
Aaron Afflalo are all available.  Looking for some older talent back.  Prefferably a better player since I would be giving up the younger talent. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2013, 03:19:11 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

The Utah Flash announce the release of Marcus Camby. The Utah Flash front office would like to wish Mr. Camby success in all future endeavors.

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
The Utah Flash announce the release of Marcus Camby. The Utah Flash front office would like to wish Mr. Camby success in all future endeavors.

Releasing folks I believe is done by posting a full, FINAL roster in the Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery on or before Cutdown day (oct. 13) --- individual posts of released players is just a nightmare of work for Lucky.

Robin lopez
Amir Johnson
Aaron Afflalo are all available.  Looking for some older talent back.  Prefferably a better player since I would be giving up the younger talent. 

FWIW, this was the draft thread --- all other action is taking place over at the aforementioned thread, Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery

(if i could I'd lock this thread just to avoid confusion...)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!