Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: Eastern Finals: Cleveland(3) vs Atlanta(4)  (Read 104282 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: Eastern Finals: Cleveland(3) vs Atlanta(4)
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2013, 08:08:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Is IP voting for Atlanta? (IIRC, he had the Pierce-Wade combo last year.)

He had a lot more than Pierce/Wade. Jrue Holiday, Jackie Butler, Chandler Parsons, Tiago Splitter, Jarret Jack, Nikola Vucevic, Thad Young..hell did I have a player taken outside of the 5th?

Answer, yes. Alexey Shved, Jeremy Lamb. Although Im not sure.
woah....

What IP doesn't tell you is that he didn't have any confidence on those players.  Butler, Parsons, Splitter, Vucevic, etc. were all either back-of-the-rotation players, or sitting on the bench.  He was playing Brendan Haywood over them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2013, 08:16:24 AM »

fitzhickey

He had a lot more than Pierce/Wade. Jrue Holiday, Jackie Butler, Chandler Parsons, Tiago Splitter, Jarret Jack, Nikola Vucevic, Thad Young..hell did I have a player taken outside of the 5th?

woah....

What IP doesn't tell you is that he didn't have any confidence on those players.  Butler, Parsons, Splitter, Vucevic, etc. were all either back-of-the-rotation players, or sitting on the bench.  He was playing Brendan Haywood over them.
oh haha well with Haywood that team becomes less formidable

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2013, 08:23:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

woah....

I've got to tip my hat to IP, though.  His deep bench blossomed.  To some extent, I think that led him to reach on some guys this year, because he thought he had the magic touch.

I was happy with our drafting, too, though.  Mike Dunleavy, Aaron Brooks, Linas Kleiza, Tyler Zeller, Joel Anthony and Keyon Dooling all after the 9th round (and Robin Lopez and Thabo Sefolosha in the 7th).  Not quite the upside that IP had, but all rotation players.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2013, 08:31:39 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

woah....

I've got to tip my hat to IP, though.  His deep bench blossomed.  To some extent, I think that led him to reach on some guys this year, because he thought he had the magic touch.

I was happy with our drafting, too, though.  Mike Dunleavy, Aaron Brooks, Linas Kleiza, Tyler Zeller, Joel Anthony and Keyon Dooling all after the 9th round (and Robin Lopez and Thabo Sefolosha in the 7th).  Not quite the upside that IP had, but all rotation players.

Also Roy lied to you. Well maybe not lied, but mischaracterized. Stop trying to impress the young kids, Hobbs! I had confidence in Jack, Splitter, Parsons, and I kept telling people Butler would blossom this year.

The problem is that SOME guys will hammer you so often on things like experience just so they can make a point even they don't believe to get the win that you get reduced to playing safer looking choices.

Also I lied to all of you during this draft. I would've played Fournier, Beverley, and Terrance Jones all decent minutes this season, BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD PLAYERS.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:53:08 AM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2013, 10:50:32 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Bummer. Well, the lesson I learned here is that when I have no time to actually argue for my team, I excel. When I show up? Not as good. Great work, AB. For what it's worth I like your guys better than the T-Wolves in the Finals (so far). And thanks, KG's Knee, for the support, which is especially helpful given how busy my week has been. Cheers, guys.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com