Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: Eastern Finals: Cleveland(3) vs Atlanta(4)  (Read 104268 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: Eastern Finals: Cleveland(3) vs Atlanta(4)
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2013, 09:12:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I think the Finals will be pretty similar. I think that Finals matchup looks pretty one-sided for Minny over Cleveland. I think that thread could be a quite one too.

I agree and think that Indiana would have beat the Cavs. (Not trying to spark controversy, but I've found it funny that alot of the great teams have been going out and it seems like teams are trying to eliminate other teams just so they won't have to face them.)

I like ATL over Cavs though, but this one is much closer than if it was Pacers over Cavs.

I voted Indi, and I think Cleveland would have beaten them.

And the finals won't be as one-sided as you both think (if it is CLE-MIN). I've been working on a game-plan for the Timberwolves for a little while now. If people have an open mind going in, you might see why Cleveland could knock them off.

I'm interested in seeing what you cook up.  Gonna try and go in with an open mind.  Good luck if you get there.

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Also I just want to say one thing. We have never voted for the weaker team in a matchup in order to better our chances of getting further in the playoffs. If you check Nick's spreadsheet...
- We voted NY over Boston for the second round, knowing we'd likely face NY. Public opinion had NY as the better team.
- We voted Indi over Atlanta. Public opinion chose Atlanta, but Ron thinks Indi is the better team, and I happen to agree.
- I have voted Minnesota over OKC, knowing full well that LeBron will be extremely difficult to knock off.

Now, I have no idea whether Ron is insinuating that Cleveland is one of those teams to vote for a weaker team, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't talking about us.

And I wouldn't bring this up if I hadn't noticed my own voting pattern from Ron: he has voted against Cleveland in every series except for when he got himself stuck with this post...
In another note I definitely see Cleveland beating New York/Boston.
...and then (conveniently?) he didn't vote in that round.

I'm not sure if that's just coincidence or if there's something else at play here. I'll let other folks connect the dots if they want to.

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 09:20:53 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

I think the Finals will be pretty similar. I think that Finals matchup looks pretty one-sided for Minny over Cleveland. I think that thread could be a quite one too.

I agree and think that Indiana would have beat the Cavs. (Not trying to spark controversy, but I've found it funny that alot of the great teams have been going out and it seems like teams are trying to eliminate other teams just so they won't have to face them.)

I like ATL over Cavs though, but this one is much closer than if it was Pacers over Cavs.

And the finals won't be as one-sided as you both think. I've been working on a game-plan for the Timberwolves for a little while now. If people have an open mind going in, you might see why Cleveland could knock them off.

Indy would have beaten you guys, Deron would have outplayed Lawson and Butler and Wallace can't stop Durant.

Same thing I was thinking for the Orlando series.

That's your opinion.

You'll never change Ron's opinion.  He's already indicated that he attacks KG (and Rondo) because he thinks that Pierce doesn't get enough respect.

No, I just don't overrate KG like people here do.

Also Roy you think Cavs might beat the Wolves, any chance that you just don't want Wolves to win?

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 09:24:35 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Also I just want to say one thing. We have never voted for the weaker team in a matchup in order to better our chances of getting further in the playoffs. If you check Nick's spreadsheet...
- We voted NY over Boston for the second round, knowing we'd likely face NY. Public opinion had NY as the better team.
- We voted Indi over Atlanta. Public opinion chose Atlanta, but Ron thinks Indi is the better team, and I happen to agree.
- I have voted Minnesota over OKC, knowing full well that LeBron will be extremely difficult to knock off.

Now, I have no idea whether Ron is insinuating that Cleveland is one of those teams to vote for a weaker team, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't talking about us.

And I wouldn't bring this up if I hadn't noticed my own voting pattern from Ron: he has voted against Cleveland in every series except for when he got himself stuck with this post...

I'm not sure if that's just coincidence or if there's something else at play here. I'll let other folks connect the dots if they want to.

Woah those are fighthing words and if you wanted to bring up a "theory" of yours pm me.  I don't understand why you made this personal, like I said before pm me. That was extremely rude.

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

And the finals won't be as one-sided as you both think. I've been working on a game-plan for the Timberwolves for a little while now. If people have an open mind going in, you might see why Cleveland could knock them off.

Indy would have beaten you guys, Deron would have outplayed Lawson and Butler and Wallace can't stop Durant.

Same thing I was thinking for the Orlando series.

That's your opinion.

You'll never change Ron's opinion.  He's already indicated that he attacks KG (and Rondo) because he thinks that Pierce doesn't get enough respect.

No, I just don't overrate KG like people here do.

Also Roy you think Cavs might beat the Wolves, any chance that you just don't want Wolves to win?

Um, no?

I've announced publicly that I voted for the Twolves to advance.

Perhaps your grasping at conspiracy straws reflects something about your own voting strategy?

I mean, I don't mean this personally, but allow me to be candid:  I doubt that it's a secret that you're not my favorite poster, but I announced publicly that you were a "lock" to advance.  I was wrong, probably due in part to some GMs being a bit less scrupulous in allowing personal dislike to reflect in their votes.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 09:27:48 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Woah those are fighthing words and if you wanted to bring up a "theory" of yours pm me.  I don't understand why you made this personal, like I said before pm me. That was extremely rude.

Not fighting words, just a list of facts. Your theory of teams voting for weaker opponents - at least in my case - is just that: a theory.

I don't want this to escalate into an argument, so I'll stop here.

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 09:30:30 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Not fighting words, just a list of facts. Your theory of teams voting for weaker opponents - at least in my case - is just that: a theory.

I don't want this to escalate into an argument, so I'll stop here.

PM me once again. THANKS. Also I never said you were one of them so don't know why you are getting hurt.

(AB got my pm on his theory so if anyone wants to know what I said ask him as I've matured a bit and don't see a reason to take two steps back.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:55:40 PM by ronaldo943 »

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2013, 09:35:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
OKAY KNOCK IT OFF....RETURN THIS CONVERSATION TO THE MATCHUP NOW

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2013, 09:36:53 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well that kicked up a notch. 

So who does everybody like in the imaginary basketball series?  I think I'm going for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2013, 10:25:32 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Hey, everybody.  Sorry for being off the grid for awhile -- school has been absolute hell.

Good thing I made it just in time for the fight.  (I kid, I kid.)

Let's see...who is Kevin Stallings?

Is IP voting for Atlanta? (IIRC, he had the Pierce-Wade combo last year.)

Can Ty Lawson be THAT guy for the Cavs?

Can Linsanity rise again?

All interesting questions...but I gotta go with Cleveland.  KG and Horford in the front court is ridiculous.

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2013, 10:35:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
KG and Horford in the front court is ridiculous.
And something that has very seldom been brought up is Carl Landry is the first big off the bench. If he gives this Cleveland team what he gave GSW last year in real life(11 PPG, 6 RPG, 60% TS% and good defense) that is a fantastic front court no matter what two guys are out there.

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2013, 11:04:25 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
KG and Horford in the front court is ridiculous.
And something that has very seldom been brought up is Carl Landry is the first big off the bench. If he gives this Cleveland team what he gave GSW last year in real life(11 PPG, 6 RPG, 60% TS% and good defense) that is a fantastic front court no matter what two guys are out there.

Yeah. Landry as the 3rd big, with Gerald Wallace getting the remaining minutes, I assume, makes for a really nice four-man frontcourt rotation. I like it more than what Atlanta can offer up.

OTOH, I love the Wade-Pierce combo.

But, I have a lot more faith in Lawson/Allen and the rest of the Cavs' guards than I do in the Hawks'.

I might be leaning to the Cavs here. I'll still think more about it.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2013, 11:18:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

He had a lot more than Pierce/Wade. Jrue Holiday, Jackie Butler, Chandler Parsons, Tiago Splitter, Jarret Jack, Nikola Vucevic, Thad Young..hell did I have a player taken outside of the 5th?

Answer, yes. Alexey Shved, Jeremy Lamb. Although Im not sure.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2013, 11:23:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Chris Bosh?!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2013, 11:34:23 PM »

fitzhickey

He had a lot more than Pierce/Wade. Jrue Holiday, Jackie Butler, Chandler Parsons, Tiago Splitter, Jarret Jack, Nikola Vucevic, Thad Young..hell did I have a player taken outside of the 5th?

Answer, yes. Alexey Shved, Jeremy Lamb. Although Im not sure.
woah....