Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: Western First Round: Los Angeles(4) vs Golden State(5)  (Read 25612 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: Western First Round: Los Angeles(4) vs Golden State(5)
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2013, 03:51:27 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i submitted my vote.....Warriors

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2013, 03:51:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
As much as I like this Lakers team, and let me be clear they are very good, this is a bad matchup (I think).

Who will defend Rondo.  Can Matthews do the job?

Dirk and Gasol will need to win their matchup to pull this one out.
Think I am going Warriors here. I just think the Rondo-Calderon match up is so lopsided in the Warriors favor it will overcome any "make Rondo and Derozan shoot from the outside" type defenses that the Lakers can throw at them.

Also, after years of languishing in Portland, I think LMA would be a beast in the playoffs for the Warriors.

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I voted Warriors
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2013, 04:09:59 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I'm so taking all of you guys off my Christmas card list...
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »

fitzhickey

I voted LAL

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2013, 05:33:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think DeRozan will see his playing time slashed in favor of Lou Williams in this series.

Which would make this the main lineup in the series.

G: J.Calderon vs Rondo (Jose defends B.Rush)
G: W.Matthews vs Lou Williams
F: Q.Pondexter vs B.Rush (Pondexter defends Rondo)
F: D.Nowitzki vs L.Aldridge
C: M.Gasol vs R.Hibbert

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I think DeRozan will see his playing time slashed in favor of Lou Williams in this series.

Which would make this the main lineup in the series.

G: J.Calderon vs Rondo (Jose defends B.Rush)
G: W.Matthews vs Lou Williams
F: Q.Pondexter vs B.Rush (Pondexter defends Rondo)
F: D.Nowitzki vs L.Aldridge
C: M.Gasol vs R.Hibbert

Something Who highlights while everyone else just screams "Rondo!" is that Calderon will not be defending Rondo all by his lonesome. It will be team defense cutting off lanes and switching on to Rondo with the likes of Pondexter, Matthews, or Delfino.

Also, something else not yet brought up is worst-case scenario Calderon can simply be pulled in favor of Delfino and would leave a line up of,

Matthews
Delfino
Pondexter
Nowitzki
Gasol

Still plenty of spacing and ample playmaking/ball handeling with Nowitzki and Gasol both very capable playmakers as well as Matthews and Delfino being very solid ball handlers.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:01:22 PM by BleedGreen1989 »
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 08:49:20 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Still not sure where this idea of a phantom Rondo feasting is coming from. Our team is one of the toughest matchups for him. If GS wins solely off of Rondo, he better be putting up a ridiculous HOF playoffs performance that carries this team all the way to the top of the championships. In which case we would be helpless no matter how good our team is.

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2013, 08:54:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Still not sure where this idea of a phantom Rondo feasting is coming from. Our team is one of the toughest matchups for him. If GS wins solely off of Rondo, he better be putting up a ridiculous HOF playoffs performance that carries this team all the way to the top of the championships. In which case we would be helpless no matter how good our team is.

Doesn't Rondo put up ridiculous HOF playoff performances fairly frequently?

I agree that this series is about more than Rondo vs. Calderon, but Rondo has been a very fine playoff performer.  Most recently, he averaged 17 / 7 / 12 over 19 playoff games.  The guy can absolutely win a series almost on his own.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2013, 09:00:42 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I voted Warriors.

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2013, 09:10:43 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I absolutely agree, Roy - although my user name should give away my Rondo fandom :p

That being said, our defense is elite against dribble penetration, and Rondo doesn't have many targets to hit on the perimeter. Who mentioned playing Lou instead of Derozan, but that's an even worse matchup for GS considering Wesley's size. There's no way Lou does enough damage on offense against Wesley's stellar D to make up for Wesley's ability to outpower Lou on the offensive end.

Again, GS was my favorite matchup coming into the West playoffs. They play into all our strengths on defense, and it's way too simplistic to simply say GS wins just because of Rondo. I'm one of his biggest fan but geez... As much as I love the dude, I have no idea how he can single-handedly push GS over LA considering the context.

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I voted Golden State after a lot of consideration.  I think Dirk can still score at an elite level at his age, but I don't think he can score and defend a top guy at an elite level for 7 games.  And without SuperDirk, there's not much else there.

The Lakers' big edge in perimeter shooting gives them a chance if they can get red-hot from 3, but that tends to fall through more often than not in the long run.  Gotta give the edge to GS.

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Also, for those of you who already voted for GS, could you please explain your reasoning? I'd just like to get the other side's perspective. With this year's league, I certainly didn't expect anything, but one of the few matchups I thought would clearly favor us was GS, but clearly that hasn't been the case. And this is with all due respect to Kane - he has a great team; unfortunately it just matches up poorly with ours.

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2013, 09:19:13 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Also, for those of you who already voted for GS, could you please explain your reasoning? I'd just like to get the other side's perspective. With this year's league, I certainly didn't expect anything, but one of the few matchups I thought would clearly favor us was GS, but clearly that hasn't been the case. And this is with all due respect to Kane - he has a great team; unfortunately it just matches up poorly with ours.

No answer for rondo who will be the best player in the series
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2013, 09:23:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

No answer for rondo who will be the best player in the series

That's a really good question. Rondo/Dirk/Aldridge/Gasol all have a case to be made I could see working out.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner