Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: FINALS RESULTS WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION  (Read 141831 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: Regular Season Results & Playoff Matchups
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2013, 11:00:02 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My thoughts:

Indiana vs. Milwaukee - firmly Indiana
New York vs. Boston - leaning New York
Cleveland vs. Orlando - firmly Cleveland
Atlanta vs. Miami - toss up

Minnesota vs. Portland - leaning Portland
Oklahoma City vs. San Antonio - leaning Oklahoma City
Dallas vs. Houston - firmly Dallas
Los Angeles vs. Golden State - firmly Golden State

I'm really having a hard time with the Atlanta / Miami series.  I could be swayed in a handful of other series.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:58:57 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
my vote is in and my winners are:

East: IND, NY, CLE, ATL

West: MINN, OKC, DAL, GS

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2013, 05:15:26 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am leaning towards Boston, Indiana and Miami. Torn on the ORL-CLE series.

In the West - MIN, OKC, HOU and probably LAL although not quite decided on that last one yet.

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2013, 05:36:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
My thoughts:

Indiana vs. Milwaukee - firmly Indiana
New York vs. Boston - leaning New York
Cleveland vs. Orlando - firmly Cleveland
Atlanta vs. Miami - toss up

Minnesota vs. Portland - leaning Portland
Oklahoma City vs. San Antonio - leaning Oklahoma City
Dallas vs. Houston - firmly Dallas
Los Angeles vs. Golden State - firmly Golden State

I'm really having a hard time with the Atlanta / Miami series.  I could be swayed in a handful of other series.

Well, if anything good can come out of this, it's that generally whatever Roy says you can count on the opposite being true.  ;D

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2013, 07:46:51 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
out of curiosity, is there a list somewhere of when voting is due for each round? i apologize in advance if there is....just that there are so many threads.

thx

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2013, 07:49:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
out of curiosity, is there a list somewhere of when voting is due for each round? i apologize in advance if there is....just that there are so many threads.

thx
In the OP of each thread there is a link to guidelines and times. Basically its until midnight and I will process the votes then and get out an immediate results update in the OP of this thread and open up the next set of threads.

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2013, 07:51:36 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

thx
In the OP of each thread there is a link to guidelines and times. Basically its until midnight and I will process the votes then and get out an immediate results update in the OP of this thread and open up the next set of threads.

thx nick. tp

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »

fitzhickey

EAST
Indiana
New York
Cleveland
Atlanta

WEST
Minnesota
OKC
Dallas
Los Angeles Lakers

i think, unlike many, that LA can pull it off

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2013, 07:55:22 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Torn on the ORL-CLE series.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to take off my green glasses, I think both teams are very close (I ended up going with Orlando) and stats prove that. (I would also assume I.P is torn on this series as I would probably rate him up there with you when it comes to evaluating teams and matchups)

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
EVERYBODY GIVE NICK TP'S.  Thanks again for doing all this Nick its been great.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to take off my green glasses, I think both teams are very close (I ended up going with Orlando) and stats prove that. (I would also assume I.P is torn on this series as I would probably rate him up there with you when it comes to evaluating teams and matchups)

So if people disagree with you, they're wearing green glasses and aren't as good as you at evaluating teams and matchups?

I respectfully disagree.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2013, 08:01:31 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

co-sign

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2013, 08:01:45 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Ditto this. Good stuff.

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2013, 08:05:19 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

So if people disagree with you, they're wearing green glasses and aren't as good as you at evaluating teams and matchups?

I respectfully disagree.

If you would tell me that their was not a "KG Factor" in your decision or that you didn't play favorites with one team having KG and the other having Kobe, I would respectfully disagree. As for your second part, yes. (Of course I'm kidding, I never said I was a better evaluator than anyone all I said was that I.P and Who are 2 of the best at evaluatiing matchups.)

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2013, 08:10:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I respectfully disagree.

If you would tell me that their was not a "KG Factor" in your decision or didn't really like the Magic because they were being led by Kobe (or my favorite: the achilles injury is definitely going to slow him down etc.) As for your second part, yes. (Of course I'm kidding, I never said I was a better evaluator than anyone all I said was that I.P and Who are 2 of the best at evaluatiing matchups.)

Of course there's a KG factor.  That doesn't mean people are wearing green glasses.  I have a hard time believing that there's a fan of the NBA who doesn't believe there's a KG factor, after watching how he instantly infused this team with energy, and watching his passion and intensity.

With Kobe, what's a neutral or fair evaluation?  I think he's an amazing individual talent who has an amazing drive, but who no longer can consistently win games on his own.  Heck, he's never been able to consistently win games on his own.  Recently, his teams have performed poorly when he has "gone off" on scoring binges.  He needs big contributions from his supporting cast.

What part of the "the achilles will slow him down" argument don't you buy?  Guys at his age who experience major injuries are generally going to show some decline, at least initially.