Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: FINALS RESULTS WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION  (Read 141829 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: Regular Season Results & Playoff Matchups
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2013, 05:19:56 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I'm not going to lie I'm a bit shocked that Boston made it, it seems that this year people didn't really worry about injuries.

Im shocked that Boston didn't place higher. They're a great team.

A good team with a good amount of injury concerns.

Well, obviously. We were a 7th seed. If we were healthy we'd be a 1 seed.

No.

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2013, 05:31:06 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
I'm not going to lie I'm a bit shocked that Boston made it, it seems that this year people didn't really worry about injuries.

No.

Yeah I have to disagree with that statement. I think this team is placed where it deserves to be - with injuries not entering the conversation.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2013, 05:38:20 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

No.

My god your florish and ability to turn a phrase boggles my mind. You're like a young Daniel Webster, sure to become an orator of national renown!

This must be what kids are talking about when they reference 'being served'. And served, indeed am, sir, but served a mental meal of thoughtful and intelligent debate that will nourish my mind and soul for years to come.

'No,' he said, but it was so much more. So much.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2013, 05:43:42 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

No.

My god your florish and ability to turn a phrase boggles my mind. You're like a young Daniel Webster, sure to become an orator of national renown!

This must be what kids are talking about when they reference 'being served'. And served, indeed am, sir, but served a mental meal of thoughtful and intelligent debate that will nourish my mind and soul for years to come.

Yes.

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
All playoff threads are open and teams can start posting strategies and having their debates.

Go ahead, y'all.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=67493.msg1548069#msg1548069

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2013, 06:20:00 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

No.

Yes.

perfect reply....well played lol

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2013, 07:07:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Congratulations to everyone who made the playoffs.

And I apologize in advance for this rant, but I just feel like I have too. I'm very competitive and I find the results a bit too much.

Missing the Playoffs is fine. I didn't even think I'll make the Playoffs because everyone has a pessimistic view on Bogut, which I won't even contend because it's just going to be a longer argument. But being last in the West is something unacceptable to me. 

I don't know what or why it is, and I respect everyone here but, last place? Denver is so much better than last place. This team is TOO DEEP and has enough talent to to be competitive against anyone. The defense is stout and the coach is world class. And while I know that there's no conspiracy here, and respect the decision of everyone, I feel like I question the decision making of everyone who voted.

It was a great game, like the last two, I enjoyed it. But my competitive side of me is disappointed that Denver did not get the respect I think it deserved.

Sorry if I'm rubbing anyone the wrong way.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:19:24 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2013, 07:50:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

And I apologize in advance for this rant, but I just feel like I have too. I'm very competitive and I find the results a bit too much.

Missing the Playoffs is fine. I didn't even think I'll make the Playoffs because everyone has a pessimistic view on Bogut, which I won't even contend because it's just going to be a longer argument. But being last in the West is something unacceptable to me. 

I don't know what or why it is, and I respect everyone here but, last place? Denver is so much better than last place. This team is TOO DEEP and has enough talent to to be competitive against anyone. The defense is stout and the coach is world class. And while I know that there's no conspiracy here, and respect the decision of everyone, I feel like I question the decision making of everyone who voted.

It was a great game, like the last two, I enjoyed it. But my competitive side of me is disappointed that Denver did not get the respect I think it deserved.

Stars win in this league Yoki and you had none. You probably have the greatest collection of #3 guys ever, but this league is based on having #1's and #2's and putting complimentary pieces around them.

Trading "down" in this game, whether it be in talent or in draft position to draft the best talent, seldom pays off. You have done it every time you have played this game.

You did a fabulous job holding onto your star talent in the DKC and not being tempted with the "here's two guys with 2.5 star talent let me have your 5 star talent" and having the patience to see things through and wait. The same philosophy here might have had you in the playoffs.

I really hope you take this as the constructive criticism and good advice it is meant as. It meant in the best of ways because I really think you have a good eye for talent and good debating ability. Just need some patience and more experience.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:02:26 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2013, 07:58:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I was very surprised to see you in last, as well.  Apparently, folks aren't believers in Monroe and Lillard, which surprises me a bit. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2013, 08:04:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Stars win in this league Yoki and you had none. You probably have the greatest collection of #3 guys ever, but this league is based on having 31's and #2's and putting complimentary pieces around them.

Trading "down" in this game, whether it be in talent or in draft position to draft the best talent, seldom pays off. You have done it every time you have played this game.

You did a fabulous job holding onto your star talent in the DKC and not being tempted with the "here's two guys with 2.5 star talent let me have your 5 star talent" and having the patience to see things through and wait. The same philosophy here might have had you in the playoffs.

I really hope you take this as the constructive criticism and good advice it is meant as. It meant in the best of ways because I really think you have a good eye for talent and good debating ability. Just need some patience and more experience.

Dont worry Nick, I am taking it as such. But I would be lying if I dont say that it didn't suck the fun right out of me.

Again, missing the Playoffs is fine, I just dont get being last place. I think we are too good for that and find it unacceptable.

Oh well...

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2013, 08:11:45 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Stars win in this league Yoki and you had none. You probably have the greatest collection of #3 guys ever, but this league is based on having 31's and #2's and putting complimentary pieces around them.

Dont worry Nick, I am taking it as such. But I would be lying if I dont say that it didn't suck the fun right out of me.

Again, missing the Playoffs is fine, I just dont get being last place. I think we are too good for that and find it unacceptable.

Oh well...

I don't see any scenario in which denver would miss the playoffs in the west.  I certainly can't understand what other voters were thinking for you to wind up in last.  I really don't get it.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2013, 08:11:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I was very surprised to see you in last, as well.  Apparently, folks aren't believers in Monroe and Lillard, which surprises me a bit.
Denver had talent, but the talent wasn't particularly well balanced fit wise.

Also I downgraded them some spots due to the planned defensive and offensive schemes. Running so much of the offense through Bogut without any spacing at the other big man spot, releasing in transition with their PG and both wings and trying to run. Also defensively I'm not high on Monroe at the PF spot, while AV helps with that he hasn't made it through a season in years.

Memphis in the real NBA had a superior PF/C combo and couldn't get much better than average offense out of them. But they were defensively at the top of the league. I fear similar offensive issues with lesser defense, and I think running a transition heavy offense will create further issues with the big man rotation and also compromise their defensive schemes.

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2013, 08:13:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Oh well...

I don't see any scenario in which denver would miss the playoffs in the west.  I certainly can't understand what other voters were thinking for you to wind up in last.  I really don't get it.
I definitely did.

Oh and Kyle Lowry is bad news bears when he's the backup PG and his defense fell off massively this year. Much of his value was from being such a two way pest.

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Oh well...

Also, don't think of it as last.  Phoenix got disqualified, so you're at least ahead of them.  :D

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2013, 08:26:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Denver had talent, but the talent wasn't particularly well balanced fit wise.

Also I downgraded them some spots due to the planned defensive and offensive schemes. Running so much of the offense through Bogut without any spacing at the other big man spot, releasing in transition with their PG and both wings and trying to run. Also defensively I'm not high on Monroe at the PF spot, while AV helps with that he hasn't made it through a season in years.

Memphis in the real NBA had a superior PF/C combo and couldn't get much better than average offense out of them. But they were defensively at the top of the league. I fear similar offensive issues with lesser defense, and I think running a transition heavy offense will create further issues with the big man rotation and also compromise their defensive schemes.

I simply argued that Bogut and Monroe can co exist despite the lack of a mid range jumper. And I argued it well. I never stated that tje primary sets will run through him. Obviously nor whem Lillard is around.

Bogut also hides Montoe defensively just like he does with pretty much every PF he played with. And having Monroe brings a ton of size on the froncourt.

I get Lowry, but hes getting a ton of minutes and a huge role as a sixth man. Not to mention Riley coaching. But I get it. Still though, thats shouldnt be all it takes to drop us last place.

I guess im just venting now, but atleast I know the names to avoid next year, despite how talented they are.