Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: FINALS RESULTS WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION  (Read 142548 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: CONFERNCE SEMI FINAL RESULTS & Finals Matchups
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2013, 01:43:24 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Lol one vote?... Three years and in all three eliminated in the semis.

Thanks to all those who voted for me.

Congrats to minny.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2013, 07:10:38 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Congrats to champ.  Just wish more than one person was able to articulate a reason as to why my team would lose the matchup out of the 10 that voted against me.  (Hat tip Roy Hobbs)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2013, 07:26:17 AM »

fitzhickey

Lol one vote?... Three years and in all three eliminated in the semis.

Thanks to all those who voted for me.

Congrats to minny.

cursed much  :-\
that is poor luck.

« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2013, 07:28:21 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Congrats to champ.  Just wish more than one person was able to articulate a reason as to why my team would lose the matchup out of the 10 that voted against me.  (Hat tip Roy Hobbs)

If i would have voted you would have made it to the next round, sorry.

« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2013, 07:33:19 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Deep down I knew it was all your fault. :)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2013, 07:33:51 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
Not quite...

Home court advantage has it's perks.  ;)

Heck of a series GSW - that was a close one. Congratulations on a job well-done.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2013, 07:36:52 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Ignore this if the wound is too fresh, but what are your thoughts on Champ's absence in terms of how it affected the vote?

nick thinks that teams that don't participate have an advantage.  I disagree, and think that sitting a series out is generally going to be suicide (although Champ is proving to be the exception).

Thoughts?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2013, 07:42:04 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Ignore this if the wound is too fresh, but what are your thoughts on Champ's absence in terms of how it affected the vote?

nick thinks that teams that don't participate have an advantage.  I disagree, and think that sitting a series out is generally going to be suicide (although Champ is proving to be the exception).

Thoughts?

I just wish that if he had commented he found time to do it before 10:45 last night.  I may be a bit old manish but I go to bed around 10PM (which coincidentally would make me fit in well on Atlanta).  Just stunk that he put out his strategy when I was already asleep so I couldnt respond and then when you look at the thread there were clearly people that hadnt voted at that point.

But oh well.  Not his fault.  My fault for being an old turd at age 26

« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2013, 09:01:57 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Thoughts?

with regards to this....I think it could be suicide if there is no dialogue, but in the case of rondo, he was getting hit left and right from people who were debating his team.  champ had people debating for him and didn't address anything until the last hour before voting.

overall I think it hurts ur team if you don't defend your team, but in this case I feel it was an advantage.

just my two cents, not that it matters since im a voter, not a gm

« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2013, 10:04:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

If you had voted this round and voted Pacers, the Pacers would have gone on to the next round. I waited for about 5 minutes after 12 for your vote because I saw you post in one of the threads very late that you were going to vote Minny, but when the vote didn't come I published the results

« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Apologies for not rockin' the vote this year.  The past few weeks have been hectic (especially the past two at work) and I just haven't had any time to dissect much of this draft at all and certainly not the matchups.  IMO, its not really fair for me to vote if I really can't throw the effort into reviewing things over.

It blows getting older...   :P

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2013, 11:13:47 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Thoughts?

I just wish that if he had commented he found time to do it before 10:45 last night.  I may be a bit old manish but I go to bed around 10PM (which coincidentally would make me fit in well on Atlanta).  Just stunk that he put out his strategy when I was already asleep so I couldnt respond and then when you look at the thread there were clearly people that hadnt voted at that point.

But oh well.  Not his fault.  My fault for being an old turd at age 26

Yeah, sorry man. Been a tough week on my end in terms of finding free time. Didn't mean to put you at a disadvantage. If it makes you feel any better, I wrote that argument instead of catching up on this week's Breaking Bad...and I still haven't seen what apparently was a mind blowing episode.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Thanks to PJ for a good series. For the record, I really really really liked his Knicks team and had them as the best East team in the regular season. Rubio with weapons like Martin, Green, Z.Bo and Lopez would be so fun to watch.

« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Interesting to see Atl make it this far while Mil got bagged in the first round.

« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2013, 11:55:05 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Again, I appreciate the kind words rondoallaturca.  Sadly, this opinion was obviously a minority one.  The again, being in the minority does not inherently make one wrong, just, in the minority.

But that's the game.  Oh well.