Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: Northwest Division Press Conferences  (Read 49780 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: Northwest Division Press Conferences
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2013, 05:05:58 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
I totally disagree that this is a boarderline playoff team. There is no way this team can miss the playoffs. Everyone is worried about there not being enough shots but someone name one of these players that has played on a team this talented before except for maybe Joe Johnson in Phoneix but I think this team is better and more talented. I think you need to give Bynum some credit.

Lakers barely made the playoffs last season in one of the weakest Western Conferences in years. Just because you have talent doesn't exactly mean it'll come together.

This isnt the Lakers, Howard was hurt most of the hear and the Laker Bench is and was horrible. The would have loved to have Kanter and Collison off the bench.
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2013, 05:06:44 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Greg Monroe: 27% jump shooter
Andrew Bogut 27% jump shooter

Not a problem?

Bogut plays high pick and roll, and as I mentioned a bunch of times already, if he has the ball on the top of the key, he does damage outside of mid range shooting. He can find people from and with a solid supporting cast of shooters, the floor will be stretched to have Monroe being the only guy down low and all Andrew needs to do is give him a pass.

If you lay low on Bogut, he will put it on the floor, which he is good at. Now two things will happen from there.

a.) The defense collapses on him, in turn opening up Monroe, a cutter or a shooter for the pass, like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aE3pIt2he8

or...

b.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv9akgLJBzc

So spacing won't be an issue with Bogut and Monroe on the floor.

I think you should give those vids a second watch and look who is playing PF. A Sir Harrison Barnes, esquire.

All 4 of the other guys were a threat from range, nevermind 10 feet. So all those acres of space you see that Bogut cruised through? When Monroe is on the floor the C and the PF are both packing the lane, which also hurts penetration from the perimeter, hurts offensive rebounding, yadda yadda.

I think its not gonna cripple you or anything, or keep you out of the playoffs, I'm just saying you're not gonna get the most out of both players or out of your talented perimeter players by giving them time together on the floor.

First, Lee, Webster and Chanlder can stretch the floor far enough. Two, even with Monroe in the middle the point is still the same, if Bogut gets the ball on the top of the key and his man closes on to him, he just needs to dump it downlow to Monroe who now is set up one on one with his man, and I like that chance. And we both know how good of a passer Andrew is.

If the defender backs down, Bogut will dribble. The defense collapse, he pass, maybe down low where Monroe is waiting for a drop. The defense dont, he dunks it served with Australian power.

And don't underestimate Bogut's skills, you leave him one on one on an open paint he'll do damage, whether by hook (shot) or assists.

Well, you're persistent I'll give ya that. I don't think it'll work out the way you think it will, but TP for sticking to your guns.

I'll be even more persistent and say, I just don't see why not.

There's enough floor stretching on this team. I've defended and provided proof of Bogut's high PnR play.

And even if the lane is congested, just look at Monroe. He's able to finish in traffic with a tight paint. I really dont see why it's not going to work mainly because both of them have bad midrange games.

And let say it does bother Monroe, spacing wise (not that it's going to happen but just for the sake of argument). Okay fine, Riley will call Varejao in, who's a good shooter from midrange. Solved.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2013, 05:08:24 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
This isnt the Lakers, Howard was hurt most of the hear and the Laker Bench is and was horrible. The would have loved to have Kanter and Collison off the bench.

Howard was also upset about his offensive role, and Nash is miles better than any of your players at playmaking despite his advanced age. That brings me to these questions:

1. Do you feel Jennings isn't the right kind of PG to have on his roster?

2. Do you wish you were able to unload Jennings or Johnson instead (or even Melo) instead of Deng?

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2013, 05:10:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
i havent read through the questions in the thread yet, and i apologize if this has been asked, but:

to all teams....what seed do you rank your team your conference (not division) and why do you rank them there?

i am voting, so along with your rosters and pressers, this is your opportunity to try and make a case to this voter.

thx

Honestly there are better teams out there, admittedly.

I'm going realistic and say that the Nuggets are a 4th seed at best and a 7th at worst.

The Nuggets may not have the star power (only have one) but is sporting the deepest bench in the league, a tough minded and well respected coach with a great defensive philosophy and players who can implement it.

Denver has three overlooked players, two of them showed they can be special when they were inserted on long stretches of time and the other is considered one of the top 5 Centers in the league before his freak accidents. And speaking of Centers, Denver has arguably a top 5 4/5 rotation in the league, so not only this team will play defense, it will also rebound, pound and score from the bigs.

« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2013, 05:11:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
i havent read through the questions in the thread yet, and i apologize if this has been asked, but:

to all teams....what seed do you rank your team your conference (not division) and why do you rank them there?

i am voting, so along with your rosters and pressers, this is your opportunity to try and make a case to this voter.

thx

Tough question. I think the Northwest Division is so competitive, such a dogfight, that we're going to beat each other up pretty good, and all finish with lower records than our talent indicates.

I'd like to think that I'd win the NW, but it's very hard to say, especially not knowing exactly at what level Dwight and Rose return (as nick points out). Portland has a ton of firepower but also questions about fit. Imagine how things for riah might change (improve?) if someone should be lost to injury. Denver has great depth. And it's hard to argue against a team featuring LeBron.

My mind isn't made up yet, I guess.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2013, 05:14:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'll be even more persistent and say, I just don't see why not.

There's enough floor stretching on this team. I've defended and provided proof of Bogut's high PnR play.

And even if the lane is congested, just look at Monroe. He's able to finish in traffic with a tight paint. I really dont see why it's not going to work mainly because both of them have bad midrange games.

Because they'll both sag off of Bogut (much like McGee does in that vid you posted), and Monroe, and both be available to help. Spacing issues is real deals man.

And let say it does bother Monroe, spacing wise (not that it's going to happen but just for the sake of argument). Okay fine, Riley will call Varejao in, who's a good shooter from midrange. Solved.

Hm. Hmmmmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'll have to think on that. Varejao hasn't actually been a power forward since before Big Z left town, but hmmm.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2013, 05:16:19 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum

Howard was also upset about his offensive role, and Nash is miles better than any of your players at playmaking despite his advanced age. That brings me to these questions:

1. Do you feel Jennings isn't the right kind of PG to have on his roster?

2. Do you wish you were able to unload Jennings or Johnson instead (or even Melo) instead of Deng?

I don't believe any of these guys will be complaining about touches especially Melo who has played for Team USA and hasnt complained about touches then. Nash was hurt on and off all last year.

1. yes and no, i would have like more of a pg that didnt need the ball in his hand as much. Jennings can sit at three point line and look for kickouts from Melo.

2. I tried to move all three but know one was giving me quite enough value for Melo and no one really wanted Johnson or Jennings for what I was looking for.

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2013, 05:16:38 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Is it safe to say that the CB Draft Northwest Division is the same as the NFC West?

I mean talk about a tough division...

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2013, 05:17:50 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
How terrific will the games between PDX and OKC be?

PG: Brandon Jennings vs. Derrick Rose
SG: Joe Johnson vs. Ben Gordon
SF: Carmelo Anthony vs. Iman Shumpert
PF: Andrei Kirilenko vs. Taj Gibson
 C: Andrew Bynum/Enes Kanter vs. Dwight Howard

Fantastic one-on-one matchups. Really exciting, I think. Might have to bring in Budinger to cover Joe Johnson.

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Portland: Who is your primary playmaker then? If Jennings is going to assume a spot-up role, will Melo be the primary ballhandler?

« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2013, 05:21:08 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Portland: Who is your primary playmaker then? If Jennings is going to assume a spot-up role, will Melo be the primary ballhandler?

Maybe Joe Johnson.

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2013, 05:23:35 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Denver vs. OKC also looks pretty good too:

PG: Damian Lillard vs. Derrick Rose
SG: Courtney Lee vs. Iman Shumpert
SF: Wilson Chandler vs. Chase Budinger
PF: Greg Monroe vs. Taj Gibson
C:  Andrew Bogut/Andy Varejao vs. Dwight Howard

Again, might switch Budinger and Shumpert's defensive assignments, due to Chandler's strength.

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2013, 05:24:04 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum

Melo will be the primary ball handler during crunch time since he commands the most attention when the ball is in his hands. However Johnson and Jennings will have some primary responsabilies as well.

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2013, 05:25:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
How terrific will the games between PDX and OKC be?

PG: Brandon Jennings vs. Derrick Rose
SG: Joe Johnson vs. Ben Gordon
SF: Carmelo Anthony vs. Iman Shumpert
PF: Andrei Kirilenko vs. Taj Gibson
 C: Andrew Bynum/Enes Kanter vs. Dwight Howard

Fantastic one-on-one matchups. Really exciting, I think. Might have to bring in Budinger to cover Joe Johnson.

Put Taj Gibson on Melo + Shumpert on JJ + Budinger on AK-47.

« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2013, 05:27:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I think we need to hear more from Minnesota.

What is the guard rotation like?
LeBron: SF, or PF?