Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: Central Division Press Conferences  (Read 117417 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: Central Division Press Conferences
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Let me just say i fully expect George to be in contention for DPOY and possibly MVP this season.

Very bold claim. I think George is a solid player but I feel like too many people are overrating him after his postseason last year. He still has many holes in his game and remains wildly inconsistent on a nightly basis. He's certainly on the right track to stardom, but I'm not sure he's at the point where he'll be in contention for a DPOY/MVP.

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I'm back. Ask away.

And cosign on the "bold claim" stuff for Paul George.

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2013, 12:52:33 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Unfortunately my time is up.  The "top dog" in the division will try to make more time later.

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2013, 12:53:06 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Well...you heard it here 1st then.  I have no problem saying I told you so.

If we are bold then I will say that Jeff Green will put up very similar number to George this year with more minutes. Less steals and assists, better shooting percentage. No DPOY or MVP considerations.

« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Let me just say i fully expect George to be in contention for DPOY and possibly MVP this season.

Very bold claim. I think George is a solid player but I feel like too many people are overrating him after his postseason last year. He still has many holes in his game and remains wildly inconsistent on a nightly basis. He's certainly on the right track to stardom, but I'm not sure he's at the point where he'll be in contention for a DPOY/MVP.

I think DPOY candidate is justifiable -- Paul George is as good of a perimeter defender as anyone in the league -- but I think P.George is a very long, long, long ways away from MVP contention.

Needs to show massive improvement offensively as a shot creator, ball-handler and playmaker. Needs to become much more efficient offensively. That is a lot of things to change in a short space of time. Seems like a couple of years work to me ... to change/improve that much (if he can even pull it off).

« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2013, 12:54:39 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Milwaukee's depth is what has me ranking them the best regular season team of the division. Bayless, Ellington, Ariza, Gee, Evans, Smith... all solid rotation pieces. Come playoffs, I'm not sure if they have enough A-level talent though.

Haha, Funny that the reason you are ranking them first and I am ranking them 3rd are the same set of players.  TP

Which of those players do you disagree with? All of them have shown that they can be fine bench players.

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Now im confused, you think Paul George in wildly inconsistent but are still ranking Milwaukee ahead of Cleveland and Indiana because of Wayne Ellington, Jeryd Bayless and Greg Smith?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2013, 01:07:06 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Now im confused, you think Paul George in wildly inconsistent but are still ranking Milwaukee ahead of Cleveland and Indiana because of Wayne Ellington, Jeryd Bayless and Greg Smith?

Fallacies are wonderful, aren't they? Anyway, to explain my reasoning:

The starters complement each other greatly and they have a very cohesive first unit that maximizes everybody's talent. The bench is filled with capable contributors. Considering Cleveland will likely be employing a lot of minute restrictions, I think Milwaukee is going to finish the overall race ahead of Cleveland. However, come playoff time, Milwaukee will give ground because like I said earlier, it lacks the top tier talent to get far in the postseason - one of the reasons being George not being quite there yet.

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen

The starters complement each other greatly and they have a very cohesive first unit that maximizes everybody's talent. The bench is filled with capable contributors. Considering Cleveland will likely be employing a lot of minute restrictions, I think Milwaukee is going to finish the overall race ahead of Cleveland. However, come playoff time, Milwaukee will give ground because like I said earlier, it lacks the top tier talent to get far in the postseason - one of the reasons being George not being quite there yet.

So just to clarify, in a 7-game series between Cleveland and Milwaukee, who would win?

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2013, 01:09:35 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I'm just not sure how many teams win their respective divisions when their best player is wildly inconsistent.  I'm going to do some research and try to find one.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
So just to clarify, in a 7-game series between Cleveland and Milwaukee, who would win?

With all due respect to Milwaukee, Cleveland.

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2013, 01:11:45 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I'm just not sure how many teams win their respective divisions when their best player is wildly inconsistent.  I'm going to do some research and try to find one.

...How about Paul George's own team? Indiana led their respective division last season despite George having games scoring 0 points, 2 points, 4 points, etc.

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen

...How about Paul George's own team? Indiana led their respective division last season despite George having games scoring 0 points, 2 points, 4 points, etc.

... and Derrick Rose being out. And Cleveland and Detroit in full rebuild mode. And the real Bucks just being terrible.

There's much more competition in this Central division than in last years' IRL Central.

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2013, 01:15:53 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
... and Derrick Rose being out. And Cleveland and Detroit in full rebuild mode. And the real Bucks just being terrible.

Indiana had the third best record in the league last year, and obviously demonstrated they could take down the elite teams in the league. Even if you swapped out the bottom-dwellers in their division, they'd still be putting up a very solid record.

« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Well yes, this several times over.  but also, im not sure I see somebody on that team capable of putting together the superb seasons that Hibbert and West put together.  West was out of his mind for most of the year, shooting at just under 50% while rebounding/defending and distributing.  Neither Anderson nor Okafor are in his class IMO