Author Topic: Multiple Team Trade -Ideas-  (Read 7356 times)

Multiple Team Trade -Ideas-
« on: August 30, 2013, 11:28:09 PM »

Offline vc.1116chona

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Was thinking about out mediocre team and wondered, why not get rid of our unproven/useless players (by useless, I do not mean they "suck". I mean that they have no use being on this rebuilding team) for a few players with potential? I am not a fan of tanking, but I'm hoping these trades can happen as LATE as possible for a few reasons. 1) Will give our players a little more value to see how they play this season & 2) I think this will help our team, so I hope we just suck the beginning of the year to give us a good chance at the lottery.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mgmz42k

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=logdl54

I know Minny has been looking for some shooters and some D players, Lee fills that quite well. They also (IMO) aren't using Williams right nor giving him enough minutes, thus giving him his "bust" status. Williams can be a huge bench piece in a few years if he can do what he's capable of doing. 2ND ROUNDER TO BOSTON 2014.

Bass can be somewhat of that stretch 4 the Rockets have been eager to acquire. They could probably do better and go after Ryan Anderson, but the Pelicans look hesitant to trade him. We add Crawford to get rid of one of out many G and to help the deal out (salary and talent wise.) Asik will most likely be around 30 when we compete for the playoffs once again, and he reminds me of a early Perkins- no offense to go along with great rebounding and excellent defense. 2ND ROUNDER TO HOUSTON 2016.

Wallace can't be traded with another player, which is why this trade is separate. Sac-town has a log jam, and these 2 players are pretty useless to them. Jimmer doesn't get any opportunities and Salmons just isn't the same player he was with the Bulls and Bucks. We get rid of Wallace and save 10 mil in 2016 in cap space. We also get Jimmer, who can shoot from anywhere and would be a nice 2 guard or even a backup PG. Sacramento gets a good hustle player, similar to Luc Mbah. Can play both of them at the 3 and 4 and have a decent defense cause of them mainly. 2ND ROUNDER TO SACRAMENTO 2015.

Re: Multiple Team Trade -Ideas-
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 12:20:29 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Bass hasn't show the ability to shoot threes, so he's a non-starter for Houston (if they play the same way they did last year).

Plus they'd be paying him a ton of money to be Chandler Parson's backup.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 12:46:04 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
are you kidding me? noone is going to trade for our garbage. also, we're not contenders so why the rush to trade?

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 01:55:11 PM »

Offline filmexec

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I like the trade with the Wizards:

BOSTON CELTICS     (2013-2014)

F-Jeff Green-Gerald Wallace-Trevor Ariza(G)
F-Jared Sullinger-Kelly Olynyk*-Brandon Bass
C-Emeka Okafor-Vitor Faverani-[Colton Iverson**]
G-Rajon Rondo-A.J.Price-Phil Pressey-Jordan Crawford
G-Avery Bradley-MarShon Brooks-Keith Bogans(F)

To Boston: Emeka Okafor (C)
                Trevor Ariza (F/G)
                A.J. Price/Garrett Temple (G)  (S&T)

To Washington: Kris Humphries (F/C)
                    Courtney Lee (G)
                    Donte Greene (F)    (Released)

WASHINGTON WIZARDS

F-Otto Porter-Chris Singleto-Jan Vesely 
F-Kris Humphries[/b]-Al Harrington-Tomas Satoransky
C-"Nene" Hilario-Kevin Seraphin- Trevor Booker(F)
G-John Wall-Eric Maynor+-Garrett Temple
G-Bradley Beal-Courtney Lee-Martell Webster(G)

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 03:33:24 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Well neither of the first two trades make sense, especially the Houston deal. We get a starting caliber center and a former number two pick and give up what exactly?

I love the trade with the Wizards but again. The Wizards have built a nice squad that has a good chance at a 5-8th seed this year. Why would they break that up for scrubs?

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Well neither of the first two trades make sense, especially the Houston deal. We get a starting caliber center and a former number two pick and give up what exactly?

I love the trade with the Wizards but again. The Wizards have built a nice squad that has a good chance at a 5-8th seed this year. Why would they break that up for scrubs?

I will be STUNNED if the Wiz make the playoffs, much less the 5th seed!!!  This makes sense for the Wiz in some ways.  They really need a rebounder.  Nene is weak at this.  Okafor is solid, but not a great rebounder.  Ariza won't be missed that much with them signing Martell Webster and drafting Otto "the bust" Porter.  AJ Price won't be terribly missed with them signing Eric Maynor and the fact that Wall will play 40+ minutes usually.  I would bet we would HAVE to throw in a future first rounder for them to consider this though.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

I will be STUNNED if the Wiz make the playoffs, much less the 5th seed!!!  This makes sense for the Wiz in some ways.  They really need a rebounder.  Nene is weak at this.  Okafor is solid, but not a great rebounder.  Ariza won't be missed that much with them signing Martell Webster and drafting Otto "the bust" Porter.  AJ Price won't be terribly missed with them signing Eric Maynor and the fact that Wall will play 40+ minutes usually.  I would bet we would HAVE to throw in a future first rounder for them to consider this though.

Smitty77

Best prepare to be stunned, I guess?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 05:53:10 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Best prepare to be stunned, I guess?

I will gladly eat my words on this.  Otto Porter is a WASTED draft pick.  There simply is NOT a culture of winning in D.C.  It will take some time for that attitude to develop.  I just don't see it happening overnight!!  I would bet a LOT of money that Washington does NOT sniff the 5 seed!!!  (I know Roy, no betting allowed.  I am just talking.)

Smitty77

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 06:12:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Agreed on the lack of winning culture. Gonna hold off on Porter until I see him play in the NBA.

I don't see them making the 5th seed either, but I do see them landing in 6, 7 or 8.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I doubt that we'll be able to trade our role players, some of them are bad, for expiring contracts or really good role players that the two trades that are presented.

I like the trade but it doesnt make sense to the other teams to do.

With that in mind, I have an idea. I don't know how good or bad this is but it just popped in my mind.

Green + Humphries for Rudy Gay and a pick.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 07:24:09 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Agreed on the lack of winning culture. Gonna hold off on Porter until I see him play in the NBA.

I don't see them making the 5th seed either, but I do see them landing in 6, 7 or 8.

You and I will have to agree to disagree:-))  Feel free to rub this in my face later though DOS:-))  I say they will NOT be a playoff team this year. (That and $1.50 will get you a Pepsi:-))

Smitty77

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 01:49:09 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

You and I will have to agree to disagree:-))  Feel free to rub this in my face later though DOS:-))  I say they will NOT be a playoff team this year. (That and $1.50 will get you a Pepsi:-))

Smitty77
Washington was a .500 team with Wall playing last year.  They are young and added more talent.  They will have a significantly better record next year if Wall stays healthy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 05:49:38 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Smitty77
Washington was a .500 team with Wall playing last year.  They are young and added more talent.  They will have a significantly better record next year if Wall stays healthy.

The Wizards are also depending a lot on the Nene/Okafor frontcourt staying healthy....

Oops.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 08:57:36 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Bass and Brooks for Ariza's expiring? Personally I'd like to see what Brooks has but with Okafor going down, the Wiz need a big and it would clear out our logjams at the SG and PF positions, in addition to giving us an expiring.

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 10:27:33 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

The Wizards are also depending a lot on the Nene/Okafor frontcourt staying healthy....

Oops.

Did you know this when you typed this LooseCannon??:-))

http://www.nba.com/wizards/okafor-diagnosed-herniated-disc-neck