Author Topic: JSD's Off-Topic nonsense  (Read 49721 times)

Re: JSD's Off Topic Thread (Rants, Pop Culture, Music, Funny Stuff, No Politics)
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 11:24:46 PM »

Kiorrik

No politics... so let's discuss religion :')

Ouch.

Anyway; I just moved and have no internet at home - a pain in the rear-end for sure. They've taken 4 weeks already, and it's going to take even longer.

Re: JSD's Off Topic Thread (Rants, Pop Culture, Music, Funny Stuff, No Politics)
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2013, 05:00:32 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
No politics... so let's discuss religion :')

Ouch.

Anyway; I just moved and have no internet at home - a pain in the rear-end for sure. They've taken 4 weeks already, and it's going to take even longer.
There is an ever so slight difference between discussing religion and discussing the ethical process of getting one. 

I pray for your internet return.....ahhhhh!!! He said pray!   Ahhhh!

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2013, 07:06:24 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I would like to get involved with a Church or Jewish Temple to give my son a spiritual foundation and to get involved with family activities, volunteer work, networking (I'm not going to lie). I grew up Orthodox Christian, but am open to switching to whatever just to get involved in a church or Jewish that's closer to my house. I've looked at Methodist, Lutheran and Jewish Temples and all seem to have a good community feel. I'm just not sure what it would take to "convert" to one of these religions.

Usually belief is required to convert to a religion.

I believe in God. I'm spiritual. That's not enough?

No. 

Converting to a religion is based on the premise that you have conviction in that faith and its Truth.  From what you described you are selecting a religion based on social benefits and opportunism. 

Not exactly a "road to Damascus" experience.  More like trying to decide between a #1 or a #2 for a fast food religious experience.
I have to generally agree. These places don't see themselves as "whatever", community centers, or lodges

Unitarians, bro.
This.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2013, 10:42:10 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
I would like to get involved with a Church or Jewish Temple to give my son a spiritual foundation and to get involved with family activities, volunteer work, networking (I'm not going to lie). I grew up Orthodox Christian, but am open to switching to whatever just to get involved in a church or Jewish that's closer to my house. I've looked at Methodist, Lutheran and Jewish Temples and all seem to have a good community feel. I'm just not sure what it would take to "convert" to one of these religions.

Usually belief is required to convert to a religion.

I believe in God. I'm spiritual. That's not enough?

No. 

Converting to a religion is based on the premise that you have conviction in that faith and its Truth.  From what you described you are selecting a religion based on social benefits and opportunism. 

Not exactly a "road to Damascus" experience.  More like trying to decide between a #1 or a #2 for a fast food religious experience.
I have to generally agree. These places don't see themselves as "whatever", community centers, or lodges

Unitarians, bro.

Hmm... maybe that's me. Doubt there's a church up my way.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2013, 10:42:50 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Breaking Bad observation made by my wife: "Hanks wife Marie has worn purple in every single season and episode except the last 3 she's worn black because she's depressed"

She's right too.

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2013, 11:09:15 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Breaking Bad observation made by my wife: "Hanks wife Marie has worn purple in every single season and episode except the last 3 she's worn black because she's depressed"

She's right too.

That's a good observation.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2013, 11:19:28 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Every gym should have a spotter on the floor just spotting the [crap] out of people. I would lift so much heavier and go up so much sooner if I felt the comfort of knowing someone had me if I gave out on my last rep.

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2013, 11:22:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

She's right too.

I liked that the Czech liaison lady wore blue while insisting that the meth be more blue.
Yup

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2013, 11:32:06 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

She's right too.

I liked that the Czech liaison lady wore blue while insisting that the meth be more blue.

She's that big a fan of the good stuff lol

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2013, 12:07:59 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Every gym should have a spotter on the floor just spotting the [crap] out of people. I would lift so much heavier and go up so much sooner if I felt the comfort of knowing someone had me if I gave out on my last rep.
That is a really good idea

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2013, 10:00:26 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDAw7vW7H0c

The phone of the future. This is the type of innovation I would expect for Apple. But with Steve Jobs gone so might Apple's dominance. I would absolutely buy this phone.

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2013, 10:22:29 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
If this is real, it's the most ridiculous prank I've ever seen.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYSa8gRvxCg

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2013, 11:06:25 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Folks should really check out that prank video that  I posted above. viral guarantee.

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2013, 04:14:11 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
So iPhone is phasing out the iPhone 5 instead of the 4s and making the 5c the new entry level phone. And according to a recent article I just read, the only difference between the 5c and 5 is the color. Kind of interesting.

iPhone 5S vs. iPhone 5 (spec comparison)

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/09/iphone-5s-vs-iphone-5-spec-comparison.html

I found this article above and found it helpful. I'm in the market for a new phone, so it it coming down to 5S vs 5c for me. I'm going to go with 5s, for a $100 more bucks I'm getting the faster processor (x2 as fast as 5c), to me it's worth it. Plus, I want to give some of these fitness apps a try.

Does anyone know: is it really necessary to pre-order one of these phones? I was kind of planning on popping in the store a day or two after the release and snatching one.

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 04:38:35 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Folks should really check out that prank video that  I posted above. viral guarantee.

if it's real it's also a good way to get shot accidently.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!