Author Topic: JSD's Off-Topic nonsense  (Read 49505 times)

Re: JSD's Off Topic Thread (Random Rants ect.)
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
"I like everything BUT country" said everyone 10 years ago going to ContryFest now. Country music sucks.
I've been saying it for over 10 years and I'm still saying it.  Country sucks
I may have to cut you off my list of friends, slam!   >:(
sorry to hear that TB -- guess we won't be swapping Ipods anytime soon.  I'll have to turn you on to some AC/DC

good thing I've got my charming dispostion to continually win you over   ;D
ha ha...yeah, good thing!  I really like all kinds of music...all kinds.   :D
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abQEoUByL04&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVRDkRZl9UY34DjT6FaobpA

This was a video some friends and I put together for a music class project in college to the song "Good Day" by some band called The Click Five.  Video actually starts at 55 seconds.

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I'm not really a fan of country music as a whole but it has to be said, Hank Williams was a genius/legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19vApPwWqh8
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
if you like heavy metal, big waves; or both -- this video is for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D4O8rD057Y

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmxikXUXFvA

Not a fan of Rick Ross,  but I have been listening to The Game since 2003, the YouKnoWhatItIs Vol. 1 days with DJ Ray.  Like this track from 2010 off the "Brake Lights" mix-tape.

Kiorrik

Love this thread already.

Re: JSD's Off Topic Thread (Rants, Pop Culture, Music, Funny Stuff, No Politics)
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:25 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I would like to get involved with a Church or Jewish Temple to give my son a spiritual foundation and to get involved with family activities, volunteer work, networking (I'm not going to lie). I grew up Orthodox Christian, but am open to switching to whatever just to get involved in a church or Jewish that's closer to my house. I've looked at Methodist, Lutheran and Jewish Temples and all seem to have a good community feel. I'm just not sure what it would take to "convert" to one of these religions.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: JSD's Off Topic Thread (Rants, Pop Culture, Music, Funny Stuff, No Politics)
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 09:25:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I would say this for country music.....I don't like it much, but I would take a lot of country songs over the elevator music made by the James Taylors, Bob Denvers, and late era Eric Claptons of the world.   Although some of that stuff is nice if you want to take a nap or something

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »

Offline celticdog

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 28
I would like to get involved with a Church or Jewish Temple to give my son a spiritual foundation and to get involved with family activities, volunteer work, networking (I'm not going to lie). I grew up Orthodox Christian, but am open to switching to whatever just to get involved in a church or Jewish that's closer to my house. I've looked at Methodist, Lutheran and Jewish Temples and all seem to have a good community feel. I'm just not sure what it would take to "convert" to one of these religions.

Usually belief is required to convert to a religion. 

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

I believe in God. I'm spiritual. That's not enough?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 10:23:23 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I somewhat agree with this because I am philosophically opposed to shopping for a religion or church.  I would think it would take a certain period of time to choose a religion based on what you believe. A guy who is indifferent to a Jewish or Christian church might not belong in either one. A guy who believes in God and is spiritual might be a better fit for Hinduism or Bhuddism.

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 10:27:51 PM »

Offline celticdog

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 28

No. 

Converting to a religion is based on the premise that you have conviction in that faith and its Truth.  From what you described you are selecting a religion based on social benefits and opportunism. 

Not exactly a "road to Damascus" experience.  More like trying to decide between a #1 or a #2 for a fast food religious experience.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:33:27 PM by celticdog »

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 10:35:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

No. 

Converting to a religion is based on the premise that you have conviction in that faith and its Truth.  From what you described you are selecting a religion based on social benefits and opportunism. 

Not exactly a "road to Damascus" experience.  More like trying to decide between a #1 or a #2 for a fast food religious experience.
I have to generally agree. These places don't see themselves as "whatever", community centers, or lodges

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 10:39:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

No. 

I have to generally agree. These places don't see themselves as "whatever", community centers, or lodges

Unitarians, bro.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 10:44:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

No. 

Unitarians, bro.
Or maybe Wicca I guess?