Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?  (Read 251715 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Besides a starting SF, what does Cleveland need most?

Some 3 point shooters.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

Honestly, the SF you draft will determine what your team needs the most. Right now, you could use some more perimeter shooting, playmaking, and size, and whichever you don't knock out with your SF will be what you need the most.

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2013, 01:12:10 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

Like BigAl said you need some 3 point shooters. Personally, I think you also need big man depth as KG is going to miss 1/4 of the season (maybe even more as he didn't end up getting surgery on the bone spurs he had in his ankles.) and it's great you got Landry to back him up, but when KG is not playing you need someone reliable to back up Landry.

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Detroit Pistons

C: Andre Drummond
PF: Anthony Davis
SF:
SG: Bradley Beal
PG: Eric Bledsoe
6th man: Dion Waiters

Clearly this team has no realistic aspirations to make a run at the title this year. However, I believe they are set up to be contenders in the next 5 years with tremendous potential. Thoughts so far?

This team probably has TOTF locked up at this point.  That is quite a bit of U-25 talent.  In a year or two, this could be a real powerhouse.

I do wonder about the back court though.  Bledsoe, Beal and Wiaters seems like it has the potential to be a bit redundant on offense, and lacking in defense.

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Detroit Pistons

C: Andre Drummond
PF: Anthony Davis
SF:
SG: Bradley Beal
PG: Eric Bledsoe
6th man: Dion Waiters

Clearly this team has no realistic aspirations to make a run at the title this year. However, I believe they are set up to be contenders in the next 5 years with tremendous potential. Thoughts so far?

This team probably has TOTF locked up at this point.  That is quite a bit of U-25 talent.  In a year or two, this could be a real powerhouse.

I do wonder about the back court though.  Bledsoe, Beal and Wiaters seems like it has the potential to be a bit redundant on offense, and lacking in defense.

If this were the franchise I rooted for, I would be the happiest fan in the world to have a young roster like that to cheer on for the future.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Ok, we have a starting 5 now so I'm ready for some feedback.  Our current rotation:

George Hill/Jarrett Jack
Kobe Bryant/Webster/Jack
Martell Webster/TBD/Kobe (in 3 guard lineups)
Paul Millsap/Amar'e Stoudemire
Omer Asik/Stoudemire

Thoughts?  I really like the balance in the starting 5 and the flexibility off the bench.  I think we need a defensive wing and a solid 4th big to round out the rotation. 

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2013, 10:38:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ok, we have a starting 5 now so I'm ready for some feedback.  Our current rotation:

George Hill/Jarrett Jack
Kobe Bryant/Webster/Jack
Omer Asik/Stoudemire

Thoughts?  I really like the balance in the starting 5 and the flexibility off the bench.  I think we need a defensive wing and a solid 4th big to round out the rotation.

This is a really well constructed team.  However, Kobe hasn't really won without a top-tier post player.  I'm not sure that Millsap is that player.

Amare could be, but I think most voters are probably betting against him.

Really well done, though.  You didn't necessarily get great "value" on some of your picks (meaning that you took some guys higher than I think they would have been taken), but you got great fit with every pick.

I really enjoy seeing a GM who put so much thought into not only talent accumulation, but how this collection of players would function.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2013, 10:44:03 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

George Hill/Jarrett Jack
Kobe Bryant/Webster/Jack
Omer Asik/Stoudemire

This is a really well constructed team.  However, Kobe hasn't really won without a top-tier post player.  I'm not sure that Millsap is that player.

Amare could be, but I think most voters are probably betting against him.

Really well done, though.  You didn't necessarily get great "value" on some of your picks (meaning that you took some guys higher than I think they would have been taken), but you got great fit with every pick.

I really enjoy seeing a GM who put so much thought into not only talent accumulation, but how this collection of players would function.

Thanks Roy.  I agree about fit over talent, but starting with Kobe has made it tough because a lot of the BPA types need the ball a lot to thrive and would clash with his game.  I traded back a good bit to try and enhance depth, but ultimately I judge each pick on how they'd play with the rest of the roster.  Gives me more respect for what Kupchak did putting together those Laker teams.

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2013, 12:50:01 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Miami Heat:

PG: Steve Nash/ Andre Miller
SG: Gordon Hayward
SF: Chandler Parsons
PF: Josh Smith
C: Chris Bosh/ Samuel Dalembert

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2013, 12:51:12 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

George Hill/Jarrett Jack
Kobe Bryant/Webster/Jack
Omer Asik/Stoudemire

I like it, I'm just not sure if it has enough firepower to survive until Kobe gets back.

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2013, 12:51:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Miami Heat:

I like your team. Lack of a real high caliber franchise player, but there are only like 13 of those anyways. Good balance. Whitest starting lineup in the league?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Miami Heat:

I would love to watch this team play, but I feel like it'll get stuck in good-but-not-great territory in this draft.  Good perimeter play, and if you can convince Bosh and Smith to post more you'll have a very balanced attack. 

Concerns about Nash guarding top PGs - having Smith behind him can erase some mistakes, but teams with good floor spacing could pull Smoove out toward the perimeter and wreak havoc on penetration.

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2013, 03:58:19 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
CLEVELAND BAR-FIGHTERS

PG: Ty Lawson / [Craw]
SG: Tony Allen / Jamal Crawford
SF: Gerald Wallace / [Allen]
PF: Al Horford / Carl Landry / [GWall]
C: Kevin Garnett / [Horford] / [Landry]

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
CLEVELAND BARFIGHTERS

The talent is good, but I'm not a huge fan of TA and Wallace on the court at the same time.  Allows the opponent to pack the middle against post play and Lawson's penetration.  Defense should be strong but 2 guys the D can dare to shoot is very risky, especially when they're the primary wings.  And putting Crawford out with Ty and either TA/Wallace creates a whole new set of problems defensively.

Excellent big rotation though, health permitting.  Need that 4th guy for insurance there.

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2013, 04:04:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
CLEVELAND BAR-FIGHTERS

I complimented FWF earlier for putting together a team that "fits", and I feel the same way here.  I can see this team playing together perfectly.

I've been pretty vocal about my concerns regarding Wallace's decline, but he can still play defense.  So long as Cleveland isn't counting on him for 15 points per game, I think that they'll be fine.  Wallace will be the guy who can match up with Lebron and Carmelo, while blending in on the offensive end.

The only slight concern I have is spacing.  The team only has one good three point shooter in the starting lineup.  However, I think that Garnett's and Horford's ability to shoot long twos mitigates that to some degree.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes