Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?  (Read 251676 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 04:31:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I guess I'll start:

Jrue Holiday
Danny Green
Shawn Marion
David Lee
Tyson Chandler

Sixth Man: J.R. Smith

I'll echo what a lot of people are going to say:  you've got a lot of talent, but it lacks that go-to star-quality player.  I don't think that Jrue can be that guy consistently, and neither can Lee.  Green, Marion, and Chandler are role players (all of whom are good, but none can take over a game offensively.)

I'm disappointed, because this team was built to contend.  You had the elite defenders at SF and C, with good perimeter defense from Green and Holiday.  You had the inside / outside game with Aldridge, who can carry a team's offense.

Sacrificing Aldridge for a downgrade at PF and a talented but injured malcontent seems like a misstep. 

I don't like harping on this, because it causes hurt feelings.  However, the only way I can see you contending again is finding somebody to take that fourth quarter go-to guy role that Aldridge had.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Landry has been traded pending confirmation, so that's pretty much the team right there.

I want to hear this Landry trade.  Disappointed you moved him, but I understand why playing him as a 4th big man was a luxury.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I guess I'll start:

Jrue Holiday
Danny Green
Shawn Marion
David Lee
Tyson Chandler

I'll echo what a lot of people are going to say:  you've got a lot of talent, but it lacks that go-to star-quality player.  I don't think that Jrue can be that guy consistently, and neither can Lee.  Green, Marion, and Chandler are role players (all of whom are good, but none can take over a game offensively.)

I'm disappointed, because this team was built to contend.  You had the elite defenders at SF and C, with good perimeter defense from Green and Holiday.  You had the inside / outside game with Aldridge, who can carry a team's offense.

Sacrificing Aldridge for a downgrade at PF and a talented but injured malcontent seems like a misstep. 

I don't like harping on this, because it causes hurt feelings.  However, the only way I can see you contending again is finding somebody to take that fourth quarter go-to guy role that Aldridge had.

I'll try not to disappoint you and find that guy.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 04:34:20 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Landry has been traded pending confirmation, so that's pretty much the team right there.

I want to hear this Landry trade.  Disappointed you moved him, but I understand why playing him as a 4th big man was a luxury.

Yeah, i went BPA at that 5th round, that's one blunder I would admit I did this year. Should have just rounded out my starting 5 instead of it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 04:35:00 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
PG: Ty Lawson / [Crawford]
SG: Tony Allen / Jamal Crawford
SF: __________ / [Allen]
PF: Al Horford / Carl Landry
C: Kevin Garnett / [Horford]

Gonna go for a run but I'll comment on anyone who comments on Cleveland.

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

That SF gap is a big one right now, but I love this team.  It's definitely a top-tier contender.  Everyone has clearly defined roles.  Somebody might say you don't have a "go to" scorer, but I disagree.  I think Lawson, Crawford, and Horford can carry the scoring load.

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 04:42:05 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Washington
PG: Wall
SG: Thompson
SF: TBD
PF: Amir Johnson
C: Noah
6th man: Toby Harris

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 05:12:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

That SF gap is a big one right now, but I love this team.  It's definitely a top-tier contender.  Everyone has clearly defined roles.  Somebody might say you don't have a "go to" scorer, but I disagree.  I think Lawson, Crawford, and Horford can carry the scoring load.
Said something really similar in the draft thread. The construction of this team is excellent with balanced scoring and elite defense. Come the playoff this team will kill in matchups and go deep, IF Cleveland can fill that SF hole because that will kill them if they can't get that reliable player to hold down opposing star SFs.

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 05:16:40 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Jeff Teague
OJ "I get buckets" Mayo
Jimmy Butler
David West
Tim Duncan

Vet front court with proven toughness. Up in comer at the 3 in Butler. Young athletic backcourt that can score and play defense.

I was building a defensive minded team overall but full of scrappers and guys who can score at will, not just a defensive pillar.

Haven't thought about upcoming picks but I'm thinking more scoring for now.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
No takers while I was on my run? Very well, I'll get things started.

Jeff Teague
OJ "I get buckets" Mayo
Jimmy Butler
David West
Tim Duncan

Extremely solid team all around. Any team led by Duncan will be a good one, and you've done a good job amassing talent around him. Teague is a very underrated PG who has stayed out of the spotlight because he's in Atlanta. Mayo had a stellar season last year in Dallas, shooting .407 from three. He was our second choice after Jamal Crawford in the 5th. Air and I love Butler, and we think his potential is right on par with Kawhi's. And David West is just solid in every sense of the word.

Bottom line: Sneaky good team, good job.

Washington
PG: Wall
SG: Thompson
SF: TBD
PF: Amir Johnson
C: Noah
6th man: Toby Harris

The Wall-Noah core is up there with the best PG-C cores. I think Wall is due to explode this season, and you'll benefit from that. You know we wanted Noah, but KG's an okay backup, I suppose. Thompson is a great fit alongside Wall: they cover each other's weaknesses quite well. I'm not as enamored with Amir Johnson as some. I don't think he can be a starter on a contender, although I'll admit he's one tough dude who can do the dirty work. Toby's a better fit as a 6th man, I'd keep him there.

Bottom line: May not contend this year, but the near future is bright.

Damian Lillard
TBD
Wilson Chandler
Greg Monroe 
Andrew Bogut
Bench: Anderson Varejao, Kyle Lowry

I love me some Damian Lillard, I'll tell you that much. Getting a Blazers jersey of his if he signs an extension in a few years. I wish you had focused more on the wings after you hit the reset button with Lillard and Monroe; I think Monroe can hold his own at C. That said, following our recent trade you are able to fill out that last wing spot and then the starting lineup should be looking good. You're getting plenty of flak for Bogut and Varejao's injury records, but if they can stay healthy you are definitely a playoff team.

Bottom line: Can you select a team of physicians with your 6.19?

Jrue Holiday
Danny Green
Shawn Marion
David Lee
Tyson Chandler

For your sake, I'll avoid discussing the LMA trade. Ignoring that, this is a strong defensive team but still one I don't see advancing past the second round of the playoffs. You have a nice bump in scoring in JR Smith, but he plays at the position where one of your best offensive starters already plays in Green. People seem to like the Marion pick; I don't see him as a SF anymore, but that's just me. I like David Lee. I really do. I had him in the pick 2 and made him fairly untouchable. But he's not enough to be the best player on a contender. I had Westbrook next to him in the pick 2.

Bottom line: Should be a deep team when all is said and done, but not expecting many playoff waves.

Okay, I've been hesitant to ask people what they think of my team all draft because I wanted to finish my roster before I do that. But I changed my mind.

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: James Harden
SF: Nic Batum
PF: Al Jefferson
 C: Marcin Gortat

Each of this team's individual parts is great and are above-average options on a playoff team. Dragic and Batum are both extremely underrated. Harden's a franchise player. Jefferson is one of the best scoring big men in the league. Gortat's good all around. But as you know, the Jefferson-Gortat fit isn't great. Once you remedy that, I don't think anyone can say this isn't a title contender.

Bottom line: Make a Jefferson or Gortat trade.

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Gordon Hayward
SF: Chandler Parsons
PF: Josh Smith
C: Chris Bosh

As the proud owner of Josh Smith in the DKC, I know how much crap you can get for having him on your team. You, however, found a great C to put alongside him in Bosh, since Bosh can spread the floor very well. So no problems for me at the 4/5. Parsons is a great third option on a playoff team, and that's exactly what he is here. So no problems at the 3. Hayward and Nash is where I pause. I know they both have some great qualities, and I don't deny them, but it's a very weak defensive back court, especially Nash. That's my only problem, really.

Bottom line: Man that's one white 1-3.

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 06:04:19 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Gordon Hayward, weak defensively?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHDA_mZTpgs

I love the Jazz fan commenters who are all like, " Yeah, every time he's behind a dude in transition, I assume we're getting a block."

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 06:07:35 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen

<vid>

I love the Jazz fan commenters who are all like, " Yeah, every time he's behind a dude in transition, I assume we're getting a block."

"Thanks AB for the commentary on my team. I disagree with one thing (Hayward's defense), but let me talk about your team now."
"Why you're welcome KC. I look forward to that commentary."

:P

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

To be fair, blocks - and steals - do not measure one's defensive ability whatsoever. That being said, Hayward is seriously an underrated defender considering his physical limitations. He might look like a pale and scrawny, but he can hold his own and uses his body well.

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 06:16:10 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

<vid>

"Thanks AB for the commentary on my team. I disagree with one thing (Hayward's defense), but let me talk about your team now."
"Why you're welcome KC. I look forward to that commentary."

:P

Dear AB,

I like your team a lot. Please do me a favor and knock off either Orlando or Atlanta on your way to the ECF, I don't want to have to beat both of them to make the finals.

Yours, always,

KC

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 08:06:43 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
No takers while I was on my run? Very well, I'll get things started.

Jeff Teague
OJ "I get buckets" Mayo
Jimmy Butler
David West
Tim Duncan

Extremely solid team all around. Any team led by Duncan will be a good one, and you've done a good job amassing talent around him. Teague is a very underrated PG who has stayed out of the spotlight because he's in Atlanta. Mayo had a stellar season last year in Dallas, shooting .407 from three. He was our second choice after Jamal Crawford in the 5th. Air and I love Butler, and we think his potential is right on par with Kawhi's. And David West is just solid in every sense of the word.

Bottom line: Sneaky good team, good job.

I think thats why I get overlooked a lot. No flash but solid overall.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)