Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?  (Read 251712 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?
« Reply #450 on: August 30, 2013, 07:22:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
McHP, a bit of advice.  Don't come across so confrontational.  The same people who you are berating are those who will likely be voting.  It shouldn't matter, but being nice could potentially help.

Lord knows I'm likely guilty of a bit of this myself, at times.  I try not to, but sometimes I just worked up.  It's counter-productive.  And besides, like Nick said, save your "big guns" for the more important battles.  No need to provide the opposition with a game plan on how to take you down.

Also, check PM's please.

« Reply #451 on: August 30, 2013, 07:29:30 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
McHP, a bit of advice.  Don't come across so confrontational.  The same people who you are berating are those who will likely be voting.  It shouldn't matter, but being nice could potentially help.

Lord knows I'm likely guilty of a bit of this myself, at times.  I try not to, but sometimes I just worked up.  It's counter-productive.  And besides, like Nick said, save your "big guns" for the more important battles.  No need to provide the opposition with a game plan on how to take you down.

Also, check PM's please.

I apologize to anyone who finds me to be coming off as confrontational. I am just attempting to provide counterpoints to those who were negatively critiquing my team.

Obviously, this is all in the spirit of good fun and competition - so again - I apologize.

I know I should be saving my gameplan/strategy/team thoughts for later, but it is just so tempting to respond. I can't let other posters lead bandwagons saying that my team isn't good enough without response or else people might actually start to believe it.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #452 on: August 30, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Also, check PM's please.

I apologize to anyone who finds me to be coming off as confrontational. I am just attempting to provide counterpoints to those who were negatively critiquing my team.

Obviously, this is all in the spirit of good fun and competition - so again - I apologize.

I know I should be saving my gameplan/strategy/team thoughts for later, but it is just so tempting to respond. I can't let other posters lead bandwagons saying that my team isn't good enough without response or else people might actually start to believe it.
There is a long holiday weekend coming up. Most of what is said no will be forgotten by Tuesday. The pressers will start to get peoples opinions settled for good before voting next Friday.

Sometimes over reacting in this game is counterproductive. I should know. Believe me, I should know.

« Reply #453 on: August 30, 2013, 07:39:35 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
seems like the guys just defending his team. posts dont read as abrasive to me.

« Reply #454 on: August 30, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »

fitzhickey

seems like the guys just defending his team. posts dont read as abrasive to me.
I don't read the hostility either

« Reply #455 on: August 30, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Sometimes over reacting in this game is counterproductive. I should know. Believe me, I should know.

This cracked me up bc it's so true. I fell victim to this a couple times my first two years. This year? I've tuned things out and it's been a lot more fun.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #456 on: August 30, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
One thing I want to point out about saying "My guys will average these amount of points per year and when you add then up they will score this many PPG as a team." When you add up the Celtics players PPG from last year it adds up to 135 PPG but they only averaged 96.8 PPG.

Just something to think about

« Reply #457 on: August 30, 2013, 08:16:06 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
One thing I want to point out about saying "My guys will average these amount of points per year and when you add then up they will score this many PPG as a team." When you add up the Celtics players PPG from last year it adds up to 135 PPG but they only averaged 96.8 PPG.

Good point. Time for my real research to begin. Good luck everybody.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #458 on: August 30, 2013, 08:47:27 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Only problem I have with McHP's team is that Chalmers is not starting, I mean either go with Chalmers and Ellis and have Bradley come off the bench or go with Chalmers and Bradley and have Ellis come off the bench as a supersub.

(Of course just my opinion though when it comes to voting you might want Bradley starting as a lot of people make him seem like the greatest thing ever.)

« Reply #459 on: August 30, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

I agree with this, but I think we all know the reason why the C's had so much points some has to do with we had 19 players who scored 1 or more point for the C's last year though alot of them didn't play more than 40 games for the Cs and also injuries (Rondo and Bradley) and trades (Crawford) play a huge part.

Of course though like how I said I agree with you as a player scoring 15ppg in real life might not score the same on your team as it comes down to many things like fit, role, etc.

« Reply #460 on: August 30, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So, apparently working and doing more work at home (general cleaning) has prevented me from missing the fun that is CB Draft today.

So, Minny is on the hot seat eh, that's very interesting.

Honestly I think on paper it's a very good team. I'm just concerned that Monta would stagnate the offense with his style of play. He's very inefficient and he mostly will go for a shot when he gets the ball. I'm not sure if he's also good off the ball in a sense that he knows where to get to the right positions and get a good clean look. And that might slow this team down, offensively. I think to beat this team, you gotta make sure Monta gets the ball and shoot his team out.

Defense is of course top notch.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #461 on: August 31, 2013, 10:06:13 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Rondo/Jackson
Derozan/Williams
Rush/harkless/green
Aldridge/bargs/green/udoh
Hibbert/bargs/udoh/ezeli

« Reply #462 on: August 31, 2013, 10:08:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Rondo/Jackson
Derozan/Williams
Rush/harkless/green
Hibbert/bargs/udoh/ezeli

Is that everyone on your team?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #463 on: August 31, 2013, 10:16:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rondo/Jackson
Derozan/Williams
Rush/harkless/green
Hibbert/bargs/udoh/ezeli

I really like your "big three", but don't like a whole lot else about your team.  I think DeRozan is a bad fit in the back court next to Rondo, and I don't think that Brandon Rush is a starting-caliber SF.  I think your bench is largely weak.  Lou Williams is a good fit, but Reggie Jackson is the only player who has the potential to be even above-average.

I know that's a harsh assessment, but I think you made a mistake with your trade.  You had a real strength, in that you had four very good front court players, and now you've only got two.  Your biggest strength is now pretty average (or even a bit below average), and your biggest weakness (your back court) hasn't improved that much when you consider that DeRozan will play worse next to Rondo than he would have Felton.

In short, I think you went from having the most talented team in the league (with the pieces not fitting together well) to a significantly less talented team, with the pieces still not fitting well.

The good news is, there's still time to improve.  Rondo is certainly a very nice building block, and the Hibbert / Aldridge pairing should work well.  That three man core is better than most other trios in the league. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:49:04 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #464 on: August 31, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Rondo/Jackson
Derozan/Williams
Rush/harkless/green
Hibbert/bargs/udoh/ezeli

I really like your "big three", but don't like a whole lot else about your team.  I think DeRozan is a bad fit in the back court next to Rondo, and I don't think that Brandon Rush is a starting-caliber SF.  I think your bench is largely weak, with Reggie Jackson the only player who has the potential to be even above-average.

I know that's a harsh assessment, but I think you made a mistake with your trade.  You had a real strength, in that you had four very good front court players, and now you've only got two.  Your biggest strength is now pretty average (or even a bit below average), and your biggest weakness (your back court) hasn't improved that much when you consider that DeRozan will play worse next to Rondo than he would have Felton.

In short, I think you went from having the most talented team in the league (with the pieces not fitting together well) to a significantly less talented team, with the pieces still not fitting well.

The good news is, there's still time to improve.  Rondo is certainly a very nice building block, and the Hibbert / Aldridge pairing should work well.  That three man core is better than most other trios in the league.

Derozans best strength offensively is slashing and cutting like Bradley. Rondo thrives with those and he finally gets to play with an above the rim wing. Rush is a good three and d guy. Lou Williams just one sixth man of the year... And bargs can play off both Roy and la.