Author Topic: Kelly Olynyk 2013-2014 predictions.  (Read 39597 times)

Kelly Olynyk 2013-2014 predictions.
« on: August 22, 2013, 03:21:45 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
13 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 3.0 APG, .475 FG%, .375 3%

NBA All Rookie Team. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: Kelly Olynyk 2013-2014 predictions.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 03:25:24 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
12.5/6/2.5

although the numbers in the second half of the season will be much better than those in the first half, this will be the overall average.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 03:37:01 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
13/5/2 with .450 FG% and .380 3%
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
10/4

He doesn't look like a good rebounder, and not sure how much playtime he will get. I will be satisfied with those numbers as a rookie...anything higher would be a bonus

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 03:51:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
16 pts, 7 reb, 2 assist, 1 block and 1 stl avg
Shooting over 50 fg and close to 80 ft percentages

First all rookie team and roy winner

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 04:27:51 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4595
Said this in another thread (even debated triboy16f about it, so I know he/she will disagree  :) )

Most rookie big men don't average double digit points their rookie years.

Many who were more highly regarded than Olynky going in and who have since proved to be All-Star caliber talent couldn't do it, or could barely do it.

Dirk Nowitzki, Antawn Jamison, Zach Randolph, Greg Oden, Roy Hibbert, Tyrus Thomas, Paul Millsap, Joahkim Noah, Andrew Bogut, Shelden Williams, Derrick Williams, Jared Sullinger, Thomas Robinson, Tristan Thompson, Greg Monroe, LaMarcus Aldridge, etc.  These guys couldn't get double digits in their rookie years.

While guys like Chris Bosh (11.5), Kevin Love (11.1), and Al Horford (10.1), could barely do it.

And most of those guys were instantly supposed to be the center piece of their teams.  You know they had their fair share of plays called for them.  Olynky on the other hand is a guy who Ainge even said will be a complementary player.  How many plays do the complementary players get called for them?

I say no way he averages double figures this year.

But I'd love for everyone of you to come back and throw it in my face if you're right.  I'd love to be wrong here, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 04:34:36 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
8ppg/4.5rpg/2apg/.44fg/.36 3%

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 04:37:58 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
all going to depend on if the log jam is taken care of
sully, bass, olynyk, humphries
if they all average 9 pts a game that would be fine

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 04:41:31 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Said this in another thread (even debated triboy16f about it, so I know he/she will disagree  :) )

Many who were more highly regarded than Olynky going in and who have since proved to be All-Star caliber talent couldn't do it, or could barely do it.

Dirk Nowitzki, Antawn Jamison, Zach Randolph, Greg Oden, Roy Hibbert, Tyrus Thomas, Paul Millsap, Joahkim Noah, Andrew Bogut, Shelden Williams, Derrick Williams, Jared Sullinger, Thomas Robinson, Tristan Thompson, Greg Monroe, LaMarcus Aldridge, etc.  These guys couldn't get double digits in their rookie years.

While guys like Chris Bosh (11.5), Kevin Love (11.1), and Al Horford (10.1), could barely do it.

And most of those guys were instantly supposed to be the center piece of their teams.  You know they had their fair share of plays called for them.  Olynky on the other hand is a guy who Ainge even said will be a complementary player.  How many plays do the complementary players get called for them?

But I'd love for everyone of you to come back and throw it in my face if you're right.  I'd love to be wrong here, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

It is really all circumstantial.

The Celtics have the best passing point guard in the league to set him up and Olynyk is one of the best 3 point shooters on the team where there are maybe 4 other decent spot up shooters. They will also need as much scoring as they can get, and Olynyk can provide.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 04:42:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Olynyk is a unique player vs guys on your list. Not that he will be a better scorer than nowitzki as an example, but he already has a better post game. Plus like nowitzki can really shoot the ball. None of the guys you listed initially  had both inside/outside scoring capabilities.

And unlike these guys if you have seen oly, he doesnt have one or three go to moves. He can score on you in so many ways, its dizzying prob trying to guard him. And for some reason he usually wont score on you the same way twice. Every basket is diff, again you dont know what to expect.

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

It is really all circumstantial.

The Celtics have the best passing point guard in the league to set him up and Olynyk is one of the best 3 point shooters on the team where there are maybe 4 other decent spot up shooters. They will also need as much scoring as they can get, and Olynyk can provide.

This.  We may be overestimating what he'll be able to do this year, but there sure are some good circumstances for a seven foot versatile scorer to get some major opportunities on this team. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 05:29:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
11.8 points, 2.9 rebounds, 2.1 assists 0 blocks, 0 steals 37%/34%/71% ... 30 minutes a night

J/k.  Is that too generous?  That's Adam Morrison's rookie stats after averaging 28 on 49%/43%/77% in college.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
77 games

20 mpg

8.62 pts, 3.89 reb, .83 ast, .42 blk, .74 stl

.425 fg% / .350 3p% / .850 ft%
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Actually it goes way beyond that.

The only NBA player to meet or beat triboy16f's Olynyk predictions in every category last year was Kevin Durant.

The optimism around here amazes me.

Anyway I've gone on enough about this in other threads, I'm not going to do it now since we have about eight different prediction threads going at once.

A quick reminder though, if you want to take your predictions (or anyone else's) and see who among actual NBA players was comparable to them last year, you can do it here:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
11 pt/4 rebounds /2 assists / 2 TO per game;

Rookie of the year
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;