Author Topic: Celtics No Longer On WEEI  (Read 6599 times)

Re: Celtics No Longer On WEEI
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 10:14:17 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Grandy one of the most knowledgeable commentators out there. Would be a huge loss. Grandy and Max were an interesting Combo. Hope Grandy is able to move up to TV.

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 01:08:59 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Can't imagine this is a good sign for the C's.

Or is it?

I suppose it could be in the long run if they end up on the Sports Hub, as they are getting stronger ratings.

It just looks to me like the price for broadcasting on WEEI went up as a result of the team not looking as strong this year.

I don't think they will end up on the Sports Hub since they already have the Bruins and Patriots.  C's and B's would have a lot of conflicts in their schedules.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Can't imagine this is a good sign for the C's.

Or is it?

I suppose it could be in the long run if they end up on the Sports Hub, as they are getting stronger ratings.

It just looks to me like the price for broadcasting on WEEI went up as a result of the team not looking as strong this year.

I don't think they will end up on the Sports Hub since they already have the Bruins and Patriots.  C's and B's would have a lot of conflicts in their schedules.

Slide one over to 1030-AM (most likely, Celtics) if there is a conflict. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
:(

I just hope Grande and Max are carried over to the Celtics new radio home.

They will be.  Here is part of the article that Sed posted.

No matter where on the dial the Celtics land, expect to hear the same broadcast team. Play-by-play voice Sean Grande and analyst Cedric Maxwell, a popular tandem who have been paired since the 2001-02 season, are hired by the team rather than the station that broadcasts the games.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson