Author Topic: trade for Gordon Hayward idea  (Read 12009 times)

Re: trade for Gordon Hayward idea
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 06:34:34 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Gordon Hayward?? People are talking about trading Jeff Green for Hayward? He shoots 43% and gets basically no assists, blocks, or rebounds. He was fun to watch in college and it'd be cool to reunite him with Stevens, but he really isn't anything special. I see him as a really good role player on a team (a la JJ Redick), but he isn't a superstar

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 09:29:07 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 10:24:07 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
What did Gordon Hayward ever really do.....he is very average...no post game.....not a great shooter, and weak defense....

He's a good defender but other than that there's absolutely zero chance I give up a top 12 pick for him.
He's a poor man Jeff Green without the speed to play the 2 guard spot.  Looks good on a medicore team like the Jazz because they have no perimeter threats.

I'd rather gamble on a 2014 prospect with a higher ceiling.
Only way I'd want Hayward is if he replaced Avery Bradley. He's a good enough defender but his size wnd shooting come playoff time would be nice.

I'd rather use a lottery pick on someone like Aldridge or Greg Monroe-close to a new deal and either unhappy or the odd man out.
Perhaps 2014 pick+ nets pick + Olynyk +Wallace or something.
I think Dannys next move is to trade Bradley for he hits free agency and we get nothing for him so that might be incentive. I can't see the Jazz moving Hayward until they know whete they are picking in 2014.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I did NOT say to give up our likely upcoming lottery pick.  I suggested giving up Bass, Lee, and EITHER a Nets' or Clips' #1 OR Crawford OR Brooks.

Would you trade Bass, Lee, and Crawford for Marvin Williams (expiring) and Hayward.

Smitty77

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I did NOT say to give up our likely upcoming lottery pick.  I suggested giving up Bass, Lee, and EITHER a Nets' or Clips' #1 OR Crawford OR Brooks.

Would you trade Bass, Lee, and Crawford for Marvin Williams (expiring) and Hayward.

Smitty77

You proposal will never work. Jazz wont give up hayward without another promising young star and or 1st round pick

I would think about giving up 14 and up pick. If we r 8th, 9th place by the trade deadline and need another guy for a push id give up the pick. With a 14 plus pick and if you want a sg/sf you are looking at a gr3 like potential who might just become an avg joe nba player vs hayward who could really excel as a celtic playing under stevens again

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Brooks has potential.  Lee could be good in their system.  And Bass could help replace Milsap a little bit.  That being said, I would include a lotto protected first to get him.

I had NO idea that he was that good a defender until researching him to be honest.

As you stated, re-uniting him with Stevens could be good for GH and for us!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 04:56:10 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Gordon Haywood is the only scorer on Utah right now and he is probably their most popular player.  I really doubt they'd want to get rid of him, even with their blatant tanking.  He has an outside shot at 20 ppg this year

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 05:03:49 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Brooks has potential.  Lee could be good in their system.  And Bass could help replace Milsap a little bit.  That being said, I would include a lotto protected first to get him.

I had NO idea that he was that good a defender until researching him to be honest.

As you stated, re-uniting him with Stevens could be good for GH and for us!!!!

Smitty77

Are you really trying to argue that the Jazz, who are neck and neck with the 6ers in the blatant tanking race, would be interested in the long contracts of our mediocre veterans, in exchange for their talented young wing? 

I really do not think so.

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
How about Bass (two more years), Lee (three more reasonable years IF he steps back up), Crawford (possible expiring and can keep for reasonable amount for 1 more after this year), AND Brooks (three years at a very reasonable amount IF they qualify offer him) for Hayward and an expiring Marvin Williams????????????  Brooks cannot traded in a package until September 12th.

The Jazz have less than $30 million committed for next year.  IF they picked up the options on all their players and did this trade and got the #1 pick and payed him around 5-6 million, they would have 14 players signed for about $51 million.

I do think that the Jazz would give this some serious consideration Chris.  That is my argument.

Smitty77

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 01:01:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Gordon Hayward?? People are talking about trading Jeff Green for Hayward? He shoots 43% and gets basically no assists, blocks, or rebounds. He was fun to watch in college and it'd be cool to reunite him with Stevens, but he really isn't anything special. I see him as a really good role player on a team (a la JJ Redick), but he isn't a superstar
Are you describing Gordon Hayward or Jeff Green?  I mean seriously.  Jeff Green is a worse shooter, a worse passer, and only a slightly better rebounder than Hayward.  He is also 4 years older, has a heart condition, and a much worse contract.  I would trade Green for Hayward in an instant and wouldn't give it a second thought.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 02:57:14 PM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
All of the proposed trades offered here would violate a Golden Rule of trades if the Jazz agreed: "Never trade a dollar for 4 quarters." They won't give up Hayward without getting one of Green/Oly/Bradley/Sullinger. And Jazz would  also might ask for a first rounder. And I say again the price goes up cause Utah doesn't want to lose a talented white player.