Author Topic: trade for Gordon Hayward idea  (Read 12048 times)

trade for Gordon Hayward idea
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Reasons to trade for hayward

1) stevens connection. Was considered one of stevens fav players at butler

2) though more of a sf/sg, not a liability defensively as a sg. The kind of lights out shooter celts been looking for since allen left

3) high iq, motor, team player

I think though it might take extra for jazz to give him up. Something like ab and future 1st could work. He was demoted last year for a little bit and maybe the jazz are losing some confidence in him.

Rondo could really benefit having a guy like gh by his side and it would open up the floor for everyone else in the lineup.

Thoughts

Re: trade for Gordon Hayward idea
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:22:59 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Great idea.....they lost Millsap and Jefferson.....how about Bass and a #1

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I'd love to have him on my team but I don't understand why Utah would want to trade him.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:27:06 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm a big Hayward fan, but I think we'd have to be willing to give up this year's first to have a shot at him. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he more or less play power forward at Butler?  Now he's a two-guard in the league, and looking like a very good one.  That's impressive. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 12:43:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Don't see what we have that they'd want to have, unless they're enamored with Bradley or something.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 12:44:23 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I'd love to have him on my team but I don't understand why Utah would want to trade him.

Yeah, I don't see it happening this year, unless they fell in love with Rondo or something, and wanted to turn the franchise around quickly, which is unlikely based on their moves this offseason.

Next offseason it could be a possibility as a sign and trade though.  If Utah doesn't see him worth what he is asking for, Boston could try to swoop in with their trade exception, and give him a pretty big contract. 

But, would we want to give him say, 4 years/$40 million, or something like that? 

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 12:52:31 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Don't see what we have that they'd want to have, unless they're enamored with Bradley or something.

Our first round draft pick?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 01:08:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yeah, I don't see it happening this year, unless they fell in love with Rondo or something, and wanted to turn the franchise around quickly, which is unlikely based on their moves this offseason.

Next offseason it could be a possibility as a sign and trade though.  If Utah doesn't see him worth what he is asking for, Boston could try to swoop in with their trade exception, and give him a pretty big contract. 

But, would we want to give him say, 4 years/$40 million, or something like that?
interesting thought.  I agree they're not trading him this year but if they don't think he's worth what he's asking, that TPE would come in very handy to get him.

I don't think he's worth $10 mill a year though.  If he looks good this year, maybe $7 per or $23 for 3 years

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 01:11:05 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

interesting thought.  I agree they're not trading him this year but if they don't think he's worth what he's asking, that TPE would come in very handy to get him.

I don't think he's worth $10 mill a year though.  If he looks good this year, maybe $7 per or $23 for 3 years

And here is the problem.  What will it take so Utah wouldn't match, and would agree to trade him?  Would $7 million per do it?  Maybe.  Although if it does, it probably means he didn't have a great year.

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 01:26:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Hayward would probably cost Boston Jeff Green.

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 01:31:52 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I like hayward too but seriously how valuable is he.

Every proposal so far is way too much in my opinion.

He's the type of guy you hope to stumble on or get a good deal or short contract on.

He's a pretty good role player but that's about it.

Really don't think he's the type of guy you put that much effort into aqcuiring

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 02:13:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

He's the type of guy you hope to stumble on or get a good deal or short contract on.

TP - seriously, Rondo? AB and a first? Jeff Green? Yuck yuck yuck. He seems like a nice player, but unless he has future semi-superstar potential, you really don't consider any of these trades...and I definitely don't believe he does.

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

TP - seriously, Rondo? AB and a first? Jeff Green? Yuck yuck yuck. He seems like a nice player, but unless he has future semi-superstar potential, you really don't consider any of these trades...and I definitely don't believe he does.

Just to be clear (because I wasn't before), I was not suggesting we would trade Rondo straight up for him.  I just think that Rondo might be the piece they would be interested for him. 

Something like Rondo for Burks and Hayward could make sense, depending on what Danny thinks of those two guys. 

Edit: sorry, I mean Burke, not Burks.  The rookie PG.

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 02:20:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Your right. But jeff green of so far and not the monster version late last year.

I dont know why but one way or another, either we trade for him or he comes here via fa in a few years, as long as stevens is still coach i think he will be a celtic.

This season if by trade deadline we are about 8th, 9th, place should we risk it and send our 1st as the main piece for hayward?

Imagine lineup of

Sullinger, olynyk, green, hayward, rondo. Suddenly there is a little less on defense without bradley but alot more offense with hayward. That ability to shoot the three is key. Isnt hayward and klay thompson comparable players?

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Your right. But jeff green of so far and not the monster version late last year.

I dont know why but one way or another, either we trade for him or he comes here via fa in a few years, as long as stevens is still coach i think he will be a celtic.

This season if by trade deadline we are about 8th, 9th, place should we risk it and send our 1st as the main piece for hayward?

Imagine lineup of

Sullinger, olynyk, green, hayward, rondo. Suddenly there is a little less on defense without bradley but alot more offense with hayward. That ability to shoot the three is key. Isnt hayward and klay thompson comparable players?
I imagine years and years of mediocrity with that lineup.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip