Author Topic: Jeff Green featured as one of the top showdowns against Lebron  (Read 3172 times)

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Green has been featured on NBA.com a lot this season (especially for his dunks). I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do, next season, when the opposing team focuses on him (I'm assuming he'll be one of our main scorers).

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/08/20/top-showdowns-lebron-vs-green.nba/?cid=nba_12_facebook_L

Re: Jeff Green featured as one of the top showdowns against Lebron
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:09:42 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Makes sense. He was clearly guarding James in every game and doing a decent job.

Also dropped 40+ in one heat game even if it wasn't all against lebron

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 10:52:41 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Makes sense. He was clearly guarding James in every game and doing a decent job.

Also dropped 40+ in one heat game even if it wasn't all against lebron

It wasn't all on LeBron b/c Green was murdering him any time he was! Instead of their best defender stepping up to check Green he chose to not be continuously embarrassed and hid! Irving gave RR most of 40pts but he was still there on him... sometimes a player just has a good night, stop being scared to get dunked on (no one is gonna tell me LeBroid isn't a chicken, confiscating tapes and not manning up)! Talking about DPOY but hiding! On the real, let me stop sounding like too much of a hater LOL, he's a GREAT defender (but he's still scared)!

I hope G8 gives him and the league a few lumps this season! It's finally HIS time! Let's see what he does! Can't wait for all of our guys to go out there every night like they have something to prove! Win or lose, just make the effort EVERY NIGHT!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 11:37:14 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
the night green exploded for 40 against the heat, they had shane on him..and green was killing him as well..it was a good strategy by the heat not to make james use to much energy guarding green...Green is explosive i have seen him blow by lebron numerous times.

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
The difficulty that Green presented for the Heat last year was that we put him on the floor with Pierce against them.   That left Lebron, their best defender, with the quandary of who to guard.

That forced them to use Battier more with the main unit (i.e. on the floor with Lebron), which hurt their offense.

To their credit, Battier did make a great defensive play in the end on Green - but that was razor thin from being a foul.

This year, I would not be surprised to see us put Green and Crash on the floor together against the Heat.

You have to force Lebron to commit to someone.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 07:52:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The difficulty that Green presented for the Heat last year was that we put him on the floor with Pierce against them.   That left Lebron, their best defender, with the quandary of who to guard.

That forced them to use Battier more with the main unit (i.e. on the floor with Lebron), which hurt their offense.

To their credit, Battier did make a great defensive play in the end on Green - but that was razor thin from being a foul.

This year, I would not be surprised to see us put Green and Crash on the floor together against the Heat.

The problem is that Crash is kind of an afterthought for the other team at this point, and Green is easier to shut down 1-on-1 than Pierce is / was.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 11:27:58 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If we want to be honest about what happened the majority of Greens point were scored against Haslem, and Birdman. Guys who were to slow to guard his oh so predictable right hand dribble drive. From what I remember Battier and Lebron did a good job guarding him except on the occassions where thye had to help off leaving him open for 3.

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

The problem is that Crash is kind of an afterthought for the other team at this point, and Green is easier to shut down 1-on-1 than Pierce is / was.

Possibly true.  Obviously for that strategy to work assumes that Wallace re-emerges as the player he was two years ago.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.